eighteen - adore

Eighteen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a d o r e

(there's comfort in quietness)

 

It’s late. Hyukjae can’t sleep. His bedroom is drowned in relative darkness, faint moonlight flooding through his open curtains and playing with shadows. Soft little snores are released next to his ear, and Hyukjae glances to his right. He frowns, troubled.

Donghae is curled up tightly against him, half of his face hidden under the thick blankets of the bed. His hands are clutching hard onto the fabric of Hyukjae’s shirt as he unconsciously tries to keep him close. Donghae is asleep, but barely so. Dried tears are still staining the cute bumps of his cheeks, and dark circles are drawn under his closed eyes. He had kept shifting around on the mattress at first, as though he couldn’t get comfortable, until Hyukjae pulled him against his chest, and Donghae finally settled. That had been hours ago.

Hyukjae runs a careful hand through Donghae’s unruly hair. Donghae just mumbles in his sleep, frowns and then buries his nose deeper into the crook of Hyukjae’s neck. A few seconds fade away, and then he looks peaceful again.

Smiling faintly, Hyukjae leans over and presses a soft kiss on Donghae’s forehead. His chest aches painfully for this boy—for this small kid, who knows nothing about life, who knows even less than Hyukjae does, and who just got his heart broken by some that Hyukjae doesn’t even know. An that Hyukjae is going to hunt down and murder. An that didn’t deserve Donghae even one bit.

Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter