CHAPTER 2

This Ghost's In Love With You

It suddenly rained outside so Jiyong, Youngbae, Seungri, Daesung were all wet with the exception of Senghyun who had a really small umbrella just enough for himself. Upon arriving at the club they will be performing at, Jiyong and the others started setting up their instruments on the stage when Seungri noticed Jiyong muttering to himself. He stood up from seat with his guitar hanging on his shoulder and looked at Youngbae who was practicing with his keyboard.

“Hyung.” He called Youngbae who looked at him. “Look at Jiyongie hyung. He’s talking to himself again.” It wasn’t the first time that he saw their leadering talking to himself and it’s creeping him out and he doesn’t know why.

 Sengri pouted towards Jiyong’s direction that Youngbae’s eyes followed and there he saw the irate expression etched on his best friend’s face which is has been familiar to him for about 5 years now that he could only smile.

“It’s the time of the year huh.” He uttered to himself which triggered the little panda’s undying curiosity.

“Time? What time?” Taeyang just shrugged his shoulder and tapped Seungri’s shoulder. It’s a secret between him and Jiyong that he cannot share. He just shook his head and shrugged before going back to testing his instrument again. Seungri’s brows formed a line and when he turned to Jiyong again he was shrugging his shoulders as if shooing something away and then turned to him as if he’s about to kill him. Seungri felt the chills brought by his leader hyung’s stare. Then suddenly Jiyong stood up and shouted which made him rush back to his seat stumbling.


Jiyong’s POV

I looked at the little boy beside me who’s been bugging me ever since I stepped into this club. I’m already used to seeing them but it really irritate me when they get into my way trying to ask for help or some sh*ts.

“Hyung.” He cried. “Just one ice cream.”

“I’m not your hyung!” I tried shooing him away but this kid is like a certain panda I know. I saw Seungri standing not so far from me and it annoyed me more.

 “Well then, Ahjussi?” I tried ignoring him once again and turned back to tuning my guitar.

“Noona?” All the blood rose to my head.

“YAAA!” Then the surrounding became silent. I looked around.

Great! Everyone is now looking at me weirdly and it irritated me more. I looked at Youngbae and knowing me and my situation he immediately cleared his throat and started playing his keyboard and tapped Daesung who started playing the drums giving his keyboard a beat and slowly took the attention away from me. I mouthed thanks to him and he only replied with a nod and a smile. I turned back to the pest beside me.

“Ya, you, follow me.” I stepped outside and I can feel him following me.

I found myself sitting on a nearby convenience store. In front of me is the ghost kid whose name is Hoshi. He was silently eating the ice cream I offered to him. The physical form of the ice cream however is already melting in front of me. I sipped on my apple juice.

“Thanks, hyung!” Hoshi was looking at me with his irritatingly bright smile.

“Fine, fine.”

“Hyung, you know, the bright light coming from you doesn’t really suit your gloomy face.”

“Ya!” I lifted my hands and Hoshi defended himself still laughing.

“Hajima, hyung. You look like an idiot by doing that you know.” He was smiling mischievously and pointed towards the swarm of people walking on the road in front of the store looking at me weirdly. I just shook it off since I have been used to all those kind of stares since 6 years ago.

After that accident, I started seeing things humans aren’t supposed to see. It was frightening at first for an 18-year old teenager but I got used to it. No one knows about my ability except Youngbae who’s been my only family ever since my parents abandoned me after freaking out on learning about it.

“So what happened to you?” I asked Hoshi ignoring those fickle minded people.

“What do you mean hyung?”

“What happened, you know, to you.” I may be a jerk but I still know that ghosts still have feelings.

“Ah. How I died?” I can only nod.

“I was beaten by my step dad.” I looked at him but the little kid just continued on sipping on his ice cream as if it’s nothing. He looked at me and smiled. “He was a drunk and he harasses my mother and he even brings his to our house and I don’t understand why mother doesn’t fight him. He’s not even working to provide for us. I hate him more when he’s sober because that’s the time he starts to beat me but my mother would always try to cover me so she gets hurt instead and it made me mad. It angered me every time I cannot do anything to protect myself so she doesn’t need to do it for me. I tried to make myself stronger but it was useless every time he gets home and sees me.

“Don’t look at me like that hyung. I already accepted that I’m dead. Plus, it’s more fun this way. At least I can no longer be hurt here.” He smiled that irritatingly bright and innocent smile.

“Then why are you still here? Aren’t you supposed to go up already?” I asked pointing upwards. He looked up.

“That’s actually what I need you for.” 

The answer automatically came out of my mouth. "NO."


(Meanwhile..)

DARA's POV

Chanyeol have calmed down and so did I so now we are both staring somewhere even I don't know where when I hear him speak.

"So nuna.." I turned to him as he looked at me. "What's your plan?"

"Plan?"

"Yeah. Before you know, you go."

Well there's one thing I've been planning to do it's just that I don't know how and where to start."

"What is it nuna? I'll join you on whatever it is you want to do!" his eyes are sparkling and his determination to help me is very evident in his wide round eyes that it made me laugh.

"Okay okay."

"So what is it?"

"First I recover my memories and know who I was or what my life was. I want to know what kind of person I was, how I lived and the people I lived my life with. Lately, I have been seeing these flashes on my mind triggered by some things I don't really recognize. Like last time, I saw a kid holding a bag of food with a big red bee on it and then 4 silhouttes of girls laughing and sitting under a tree eating something, their faces unclear flashed on my mind. Also when I saw a kid holding a plush toy, something in me was poked but I can't really pinpoint what it was. Maybe I had a child." Chanyeol's eyes widened even more which made him cuter.

"But it wasn't really the kid who pricked something in my chest but the little plush toy itself so maybe I liked dolls when I was alive." 

"Or maybe you were too poor when you were alive that you needed to make and sew dolls to have something to eat, pay your bills and keep your home."

"Ya!" I hit him on the head. "Don't be so negative." 

"But what if I'm right, nuna? What if you lived a life far from positive?" I have also been thinking about those what ifs. What if my life was far from what I am expecting, What if I was not someone I am expecting myself to be, and What if I only get disappointed with what I would learn about my past life but then what if it was the opposite and I regret not doing something in the end? Plus, i'm still going anyway so why not know myself before that.

"I've made up my mind. I must do it before I go and I don't want to regret anything. You're going to support me, right?"

I saw him sigh. "Of course, nuna."

I stood up. "Okay! Let's do it. Fighting!" I cheered and raised my hand. He stood up and did the same.

"Fighting!"

"So now the only problem is, how do we do it?" 

"H-he..h-hehehe." he laughed an awkward laugh and we sat back down. As if a light bulb pinged above his head he stood up again and so did I.

The he smiled and clapped as he remembered something. "Nuna! I know how!" 

"Jinjja? How?"

"I've been hearing about this person who can see souls like us and I heard he's actually willing to help anyone."

"Really?!" Thank God! "So, where do we find that person?" 

"Well, I don't really know where but they said that you would immediately recognize that person once you look into his eyes because being near him/her would make him/her glow bright."

"Assaa~! That's more than enough. Now, we can go ahead and start with that." I jumped off of the roof and landed on the street. Now, where do we start with all these people.