Falls got me like this

Fall's got me like this
 

Donghae looked above and stared at the trees swaying gently along with the wind. The rustling leaves created a relaxing ambience as he padded along the sidewalk.  He did his best to avoid stepping on one of the leaves that had already began to fall with autumns approach. 

The sky was cloudy and dark with the prospects of rain, and he felt a slight twinge of excitement at the thought.  Rain made everything seem even more peaceful, and even more romantic than usual.  It was a constant background music added to the mundane rituals of everyday life.   If he was at home, he would take it upon himself to sit by the window and think.  His mind would drift off while listening to the droplets pour steadily outside of his window.   Sometimes, Hyukjae sat with him too, and with him, everything was absolutely perfect.

 

Hyukjae he thought, and smiled.  He wanted to go home now and see his face.  He wanted to cuddle up to Hyukjae's warm body and intertwine their fingers.  During those moments, they always conversed and about nothing in particular. 

He would do anything right now to feel Hyukjae  his hair and press one of his rare but sweet kisses to it. Most of all, he wanted to hug him to death and shower him with affection.  Even if Hyukjae found the action excessive, if not annoying.  To Donghae, the mere aspect of becoming a couple and sharing their life together- it was all the more reason to pour buckets of his love onto Hyukjae.   To love unconditionally and without expecting anything in return, that was Donghae's motto. 

 

A buzz on his phone brought him back from his rosy thoughts. He pulled out the thin device from his jeans and read the text. 

My Eunhyukkie: I'm back from work. it's raining. When are you coming back? I miss you. 

 

Donghae immediately felt a smile tug across his face and a small giggle escaped his lips. He knew that Hyukjae had thought of him when he saw the rain. He opened the text and typed his reply.

 

It's not raining over here yet ^_^. Don't worry, I'll hurry back so we can cuddle and give each other kisses (^3^) 

 

He pressed send and began to tuck his phone back into his pocket when a reply came in.

 

My Eunhyukkie: idiooootttt.  Who's worrying?  But hurry back will you. Love you 

 

Donghaes face flushed in delight and he texted back a kissy face.  He immediately turned around and made his way back to the apartment he and Hyukjae shared. He made it halfway out of the park before he felt the first drop of rain land on his nose. 

 

Oh no. He thought. The last thing he wanted was to get soaked in the rain. He sped up his pace and began a mini jog down the concrete sidewalk.  The rain was falling a little harder now.  The wind made the leaves that had decorated the trees so prettily before begin falling to the ground.  All around him was a swirl of yellow, orange, and red.  He wrapped Hyukjae's scarf a little tighter around his neck and pushed back his hair that was already becoming damp.  A moment later, it was pouring. 

 

Half an hour later 

 

Donghae creaked opened the door to their apartment.  He sat down by the door and quickly stripped himself of his shoes and soaked clothes. He had taken his shirt off and was busy pulling off his wet socks when another presence slipped behind him.

"Babe" came a voice.

Donghae spun around, causing little droplets of water to fly everywhere. His eyes focused in on a familiar set of brown almond eyes. 

"Hyukkie!" He squealed before flinging himself onto Hyukjae like he hadn't seen him in ages, "I missed you so much! How was your day at work?  Was it alright? Did you miss me? I bet you did, didn't you?" 

 

Hyukjae immediately pushed him away and blushed after feeling Donghae's cold, bare skin. 

"Donghae, as much as I would love to stand by the door and chit chat I think you need to take a warm bath and get some clothes on.  You'll  catch a cold at this rate. Come on, you're soaking wet! I already prepared a warm cup of coffee for you.  We can sit and talk later, okay?" 

 

 With that, Hyukjae began tugging Donghae to the bathroom. Donghae let himself get dragged and took a minute to appreciate what Hyukjae had just said.  His eyes wandered to Hyukjae's strong, dependable body frame.  He admired how handsome Hyukjae looked in just his casual clothes.  His fluffy blond hair was just begging for Donghaes fingers to run through it.  It also complimented his milky white skin nicely.  All in all, Hyukjae gave off a pleasant and cozy feeling.  He felt another surge of warmness as he remembered, yet again, of why he loved Hyukjae so much.  These simple, precious actions showed him how much Hyukjae actually cared.  It was enough to send a wave of giddiness throughout his body. 

"Hyukkie," he said before tugging on his arm, causing Hyukjae to come to an abrupt stop.

"Yeah?"

 

He wrapped his arms around Hyukjae's neck and pressed a soft kiss to his lips.  

 "I love you."

 Donghae realized that no matter the circumstance, hardship, or heartache, he wouldn't trade Hyukjae for the world.

After a moment Hyukjae broke the kiss.

"Hae" he whispered.

"Yeah?" Donghae replied with eyes half open.

Hyukjae smiled with every intent to make Donghae faint, "I love you more."