The Trouble with Hotels

The Trouble with Hotels

Sehun has his headphones in out of habit as he sits on a bench gathered with the other EXO members in the lobby of their hotel in Taiwan. His music is low but it doesn't really matter since he's not really listening to what's playing as his eyes follow the tan dark haired member with shadowy eyes as he walks (more like drags) the leader of EXO M around the hotel gift shop pointing out snacks for the tall blonde to buy him.

"They'll have snacks in the room." Sehun hears the leader say to which Tao furrows his eye brows and shakes his head.

"Not these ones. These are the kind I like." He insist pointing vigorously at the package but the older boy only waves him away dismissing his request and Tao pouts folding his arms and following Kris out the shop.

Why does he alway have to follow Duizhang when we're out? Sehun thinks to himself. At the dorm we're always the ones together. He always clings on me. But from the airport to the hotel he's done nothing but stay close to Kris. Does he just cling to anyone? Tao suddenly looks over at Sehun and their eyes meet. Tao gives a small grin to which Sehun grins back but then Tao is turning away like nothing happened. Ok. What was that? Did that mean anything? Sometimes Sehun thinks Tao might be trying to tell him something but he just can't risk asking him and looking like an idiot if he's wrong. 

He suddenly looks up curiously. He stuffs his hand in his pocket feeling around for whats inside pulling out a fist full of crinkled dollar bills. He starts seperating and counting them out when another body walks over to him.

"Ahh..." Lay gives a long sigh as he settles in next to him and Sehun notices he looks a little put out.

"Everything ok, hyung?" he questions.

"Yeah, I guess so." Lay's eyes are searching until they settle on Kris and Tao now chatting with Chanyeol and Baekhyun only a couple meters away. "Is it strange to feel lonely when you're around so many?"

Sehun looks up pondering the question before looking at Lay curiously. "Uh...I don't think so. Are you lonely, hyung?"

"Not really," Lay shrugs and Sehun doesn't ask more because Lay has always been a little strange.

"Ok. Well...wait here. I'm going to go buy something from the gift shop." Sehun pats Lay's leg before getting up and heading into the shop Kris and Tao just exited.

When the managers have all the member's line up to take pictures Sehun is finally able to talk to Tao. He coughs loudly to gain his attention but the other boy ignores it coutinuing to play on his phone until the manager yells at him to put it away. Sehun could just say "Hey" he knows this but it always feels so awkward like introducing himself for the first time. No. He has his own way of doing things.

He reaches up and pulls at the lid of the backwards cap Tao is wearing. "Gross" He utters in the process.

Tao immediately turns his head towards him fixing his cap.

"What is? My cap or my face?" He asks adjusting his bangs.

"Both." Sehun smirks. Instead of laughing Tao only rolls his eyes and faces back towards the camera, to which Sehun frowns. It was only a joke.

"So..." He continues and Tao glances sideways at him. "I bought these snacks at the gift shop but I don't really like them. You want 'em?"

Tao's eyes fall on the chips in Sehun's hands and notices they are the exact chips he had pointed out to the leader earlier. He instantly reaches for them smiling wide and Sehun grins back as Tao stuffs a handful in his mouth while trying to say something Sehun can't really understand. Most likely "These are my favorite" and "Thank you Hun, I love you way more than Kris!" Is what Sehun divs he was trying to say. He continues watching Tao eat away almost in a daze until he suddenly hears his name called.

"Sehun, who do you want to be roommates with?" The manager repeats.

Sehun immediatly turns to Tao but when the other looks back at him with wide curious eyes still munching on the chip between his lips Sehun can only go red and he can't possibly say what he wants to.

"I...It doesn't matter to me. They'll all treat me like their servent since I'm the youngest. Especially this one." He points to Tao who scoffs and hits his arm and everyone laughs. He takes in a deep breath happy to have avoided an awkward situation.

"Alright, Lay willl you room with Sehun?"

Lay looks up in surprise. His eyes suddenly wonder to the left of him past Chanyeol to Kris who is staring at the ground looking bored. "Uh...Yeah, thats fine." He turns to Sehun and gives a polite smile which Sehun returns with a nod.

"Kris who do you want to room with?" The manager continues.

Sehun is practically shoved over as Tao pulls his arm up from between them and shoots it high in the air waving frantically and pointing down at himself. 

"Of course" Chen says nonchalantly and Sehun narrows his eyes at him before looking back and forth from Tao to Kris who are both smiling at each other.

Why are they smiling? Why do they have to smile at each other like that? And what does Chen mean 'Of course'? 

"Ok, sure. I pick Tao." Kris says giving Tao a thumbs up and Sehun feels his stomach lurch when Tao pumps his fist letting out a 'Woohoo!'

This will not stand. Sehun thinks as he sits in his room staring at the wall tearing apart the hotel brochure that was handed to him earlier. Hundres of little paper snow flakes scatter the ground around his feet when Lay arrives with his luggage.

"Hey, roomie." He smiles placing his guitar next to the bed. He suddenly pauses and stares at the mattress. "Only one bed?" Sehun nods still staring at the wall. It's silent as Lay contiunes to look at the bed in front of him before speaking again. "Do you think all the rooms only have one bed?" He asks, his voice sounds more nervous this time.

Sehun is suddenly in a panic as he feels so stupid that he didn't realize this before. "Oh my god! I bet they all do!" He groans letting himself fall back on the bed covering his eyes with his hands in dispare. That giant oaf is going to be snuggling with my panda.

Two familiar laughs can be heard in the room next to theirs and both boys look up and stare at the wall.

"I guess Kris is in the room next to ours." Lay says and his tone catches Sehun's ear. He recognizes it because it's exactly how he sounds when he talks about Tao and can't mask that he misses him when EXO M is away in China. Sehun suddenly thinks about the way Lay's been acting this whole trip and it's like a light bulb has just in his head. Does Lay like Kris?  The cogs in his head are working now and he thinks he has a plan that may solve both their problems.

"Yeah, I kind of feel bad for Kris actually." Sehun sighs, "Because...well you know?" Lay looks at him curiously and shakes his head so Sehun continues. "One bed. And with Tao who likes to sleep in the ..."

"Tao sleeps in the ?!" Lay gapes, mouth hanging open.

"Yeah, and plus he likes to cuddle and you know Kris can't say no to anything when it comes to Tao." Sehun had ment to scare Lay but without realizing it he was scaring himself as he wasn't exactly lying. Tao did sleep in practically nothing and did like to cuddle. He didn't care who with. Damn him. Suddenly images of Kris and Tao with their arms wrapped around each other was all Sehun could think about and he prayed his plan would work. Lay had suddenly switched positions from standing to sitting on the bed with a bewildered look on his face. This was definitely working. Lay would definitly want to switch rooms now.

Lay stared off into space for a moment before shaking his head and heading out the room.

"Hey where are you going?" Sehun asked.

"I want to say goodnight to everyone." Lay said back with a weak smile before closing the door behind him. Sehun sulked. His plan hadn't worked. Instead it had made things worse as he now couldn't stop picturing Kris pulling Tao to him and doing things that HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO DO WITH TAO.

It's 1am and Lay still hasn't returned to the room. Sehun might be concerned but Lay is always wondering off on his own and he has more important things to be worried about, like why is it so quiet next door? Tao is a night owl so Sehun knows he can't be asleep right now. He should hear noisies. Talking noises. No noise could mean kissing, cuddling, humping. No, he would not let his mind go there!

He can't take this anymore and decides it isn't good for his health to stay in the room with only his thoughts so he rushes out the door to go find Lay. He steps out the room and his feet instantly come to a halt as he stares down at a figure sitting on the floor in the hallway with his headphones in. He immediatly turns to Sehun and pulls one ear piece out.

"Hey." Tao smiles up at him.

"What are you doing out here?" Sehun asks looking around curiously.

"Kris and Lay are in there." Tao says pointing to his room door.

"Doing it?!" Sehun's eyes widen. He didn't think the little unicorn was that impulsive. Tao just laughs and shakes his head.

"No, they're asleep on the bed. Lay came to our room earlier and..." Tao scrunched his face and looked at Sehun. "Did you ever suddenly get the sense that you were a third wheel?"

Sehun smirked maybe his plan had worked after all.

Tao shrugged, "Anyway I left to explore the hotel and when I came back they were already asleep in the bed. I didn't want to wake them."
 

"So you've just been sitting out here? You could have come to my room." Sehun says feeling a little offended.

"I thought you might be asleep already. I put my ear to your door but I didn't hear anything." Tao says and Sehun has to bit his tongue from saying 'Yeah, that's because I've spent all night trying to listen for make out noises from your room.'

"Well you can sleep in my room if you want." Sehun says instead.

"Really?" Tao smiles standing up already and grabbing Sehun's arm leading him to his room. Sehun trys not to smile too much as he feels all his frustration and worry just melt away.

"Thanks. To be honest I really wanted to be your roommate first." Tao says walking in and looking around.

"You did?" Sehun says back surprised.

"Yeah but Lay got you first." Tao says turning back to him and smiling. "Looks like I get you in the end though." Sehun's cheeks glow red and he know's it must be obvious because Tao is studying his face and smiling.

"Oh, cool." Is all Sehun says, looking away. He wants to ask Tao why he wanted to be roommates with him but he doesn't. He wants to ask Tao a lot of things actually but he knows he can't. He can't risk not getting the answers he wants and just looking dumb in the end. While his head is turned Tao suddenly takes this opportunity to kiss his cheek.

"Cute." Tao smiles.

Sehun's head turns quickly back to him . His mind is a scattered jigsaw puzzle and his heart is a pounding drum as he looks at him in shock touching the spot on his cheek Tao kissed.

"Wah...what was that?!" Sehun asks and Tao keeps smiling at him.

"What?" Tao asks lifting his chin.

"That! What you're doing! Why do you always just do what you want?" Sehun can't hold it in anymore. "You never think that what you do might have an effect on me."

"Does it?" Tao asks sounding a little pleased with himself.

"Yes!" Sehun says more in a sulk then he had wanted to sound. "And what am I suppose to do when you do stuff like that?"

"Whatever you want." Tao shrugs and grins at him.

Sehun scowls. Agian with the riddles...does Tao really want Sehun to believe he would let him do whatever he wanted? Theres just no way. He wonders for a moment if this is all a trick. Maybe Tao knows he likes him and wants him to confess only to laugh in his face. No. Sehun quickly shakes the thought from his head. Tao wouldn't do that. Not his Tao.

"Whatever I want, huh?" He repeats and Tao nods. Sehun is breathing hard and he doesn't know why. He takes one last deep breath and places his hands on Tao's shoulders. Tao doesn't flinch but continues to stare at him with a soft smile and waiting eyes. Sehun stares from his eyes to his lips and he can't hold back anymore. He suddenly leans in smashing his lips into the other. Tao laughs into the kiss before pulling away only slightly to position their lips better between eachother. Sehun inhales and he's kissing Tao that much deeper. Tao sighs softly into the kiss and it feels amazing, it feels right. There's no question now what this is.

When Tao pulls away Sehun his lips still tasting him on his mouth. They both stare at each other and there's an understanding that wasn't there before. It's calming. Like things will only become more clear. After a long pause both boys crack a smile and start laughing.

"You're a good kisser." Tao says. Sehun wants to say 'you too' but can only make a hiccup noise and Tao laughs. "Can we go to bed now? I'm really tired." He asks and Sehun nods following him to the bed.

It's dark now and both boys are under the blankets. It's so quiet now, Sehun turns his head to check if Tao's asleep but its too dark he can't make out his face. He wants to ask if he can hold his hand but instead decides to just place his hand over the other's. Tao doesn't stir for a moment. Then his hand moves and he's sliding his fingers inbetween Sehun's and the younger boy smiles. Realizing maybe you don't always have to speak up to understand.

 

--

[Author's note] IT'S DONE! omg I deleted this and had to rewrite everything!!! T-T But I felt so bad it was deleted I had to rewrite it while it was fresh in my mind. *sigh* I hope you like it! Taohun forever!