My oppa's Hyung (HeeSica)

SuperGeneration Deluxe

 

SNSD DORMITORY 12:20 PM

Jessica Jung had accustomed herself to Kim Heechul’s sense of uniqueness. The ’83 liner had perfected himself as the master of disguise, from cinderella to Heesica to lady Heehee, dancing and singing to the tune of the infamous Gee and Poker Face. Jessica loved all of it and would even cheer up her boyfriend for real, raising her fists in the air every awards night, singing and dancing to the tunes super junior would make.

She was the perfect girlfriend for him--- unique, understanding, beautiful with slim legs, icy… Jessica has what it takes to be Kim Heechul’s ideal woman. She has been dubbed as heechul’s counterpart, for goodness sake, with the latter even agreeing to the comment. Even Lee Soo Man acknowledged celebrity couples dating on their own management.

Ever since heechul had laid his eyes on her, he didn’t let go. And the commitment soared, much to the appreciation of the fans. They would be seen teasing each other, hugging when one’s winning, holding hands even when an eagle eye is looking. Heechul would openly admit the thing as non-scandalous, since the two started as great friends, and Jessica has always been his favorite.

Heechul’s band, the famous hallyu group Super Junior, has deemed its success not only in Korea but in other countries outside Asia. Since then, the group would do various activities outside their country, doing super show concerts alongside SM Town as well. Heechul and Jessica would always meet every SM town, and the anticipation was always there, even if Jessica would stick herself to SNSD most of the time, to avoid public attention.

And Jessica would always watch at the sides the performance of her boyfriend doing quirky things with Super Junior. Fan service has never been banned when Super Junior comes the stage. Everyone loves it, everyone regards it with pure professionalism. Jessica understood the idea completely too, Super Junior are ultimate brothers. But deep inside in herself, she always had a little thought soaring into her mind, waiting for the right answer--- why does she feel different watching ’83 line?

Not that she suspects anything bad to her boyfriend and the super junior leader leeteuk. Leeteuk and heechul are straight guys who love goofing around each other. And the six year difference between her and the oppas might have been the reason why she doesn’t completely understand the performances of the ’83 line during Bonamana. But ever since Super Junior was left with ten active members, heechul and leeteuk had become closer. Even heechul would turn to leeteuk, hugging his leader when he was afraid getting out of the stage because of the scary experience he had with fans, throwing a sign board at his cheek.

Jessica doesn’t want to get jealous of leeteuk. The Super Junior leader’s heart already has its owner—to her dorky kid leader Kim Taeyeon. Leeteuk and taeyeon had been steady ever since they could remember. but even taeyeon would also question leeteuk’s habits of undressing himself partly on stage during Bonamana and she had shouted “don’t take it off” when she was already preoccupied of her boyfriend doing the same routines on air.

“what do you think we should do?” Jessica asked when she and taeyeon hang out to their dorms, anticipating the summer heart of June coming through. Taeyeon had kept herself busy contacting leeteuk at his recordings, talking to him even when the guy has commitments.

“what? Wait.” Taeyeon raised her palm in front of jessica’s face, probably to shush her for butting in to her conversation with leeteuk.

“unni.” Jessica pouted.

“can you go here? Please please?” Jessica could hear taeyeon doing an unexpected aegyo through the phone. she knew taeyeon didn’t want doing such stuff, but she was so inlove with leeteuk’s childishness that she has been asking sunny how to  act cute in front of him.

“aish, I can’t stand this.” Jessica stood up to go back her room when taeyeon caught her wrist.

“Honey says we’ll meet with him and heechul oppa tomorrow.” Taeyeon said. “how about a double date?”

“that’s good.” Jessica smiled. It’s the perfect opportunity for them to talk it over.

--------------------------------

SEOUL CAFÉ

Heechul straightened up his back and sighed at the temperature around the area. The intense heat seeping through his body was not a pleasant feeling to remember.

“I just had shower like ten minutes ago and I’m already sweating, ugh.” He said, fanning himself.

“we’ll order icecream, I bet taeng would want that too.” Leeteuk, the super junior leader suggested as he focused on the menu. “what does your baby like?”

Heechul immediately thought of Jessica and the image of her face lurking to his mind sent him to giggling thoughts.

“anything she wants, she gets.” He smirked. “Jessica just loves anything American, you know. Ice cream would be nice too.”

Leeteuk smiled and resumed looking at the piece of brown laminated menu.

“what else.” He said, pursing his lips like a duck.

“when they come here, they can have their additional orders.” Heechul suggested.

“then let’s order for them already.” Leeteuk raised his hand to call the attention of five waitresses eagerly waiting for their order. The head waitress, shrugged off the four other servers and paced triumphantly toward the idol group’s table.

“four banana splits please.” Leeteuk smiled at the waitress.

oi miss, add extra chocolate syrup for me.” heechul winked.

ne.”

Heechul rubbed his nose.

“just where are they exactly?” he thought aloud when the waitress resumed back to the counter. “I’ve been texting jessica but she’s not replying yet.”

“why don’t you call her?”

aish, it’s a waste of voice.” Heechul said.

The cat lover of super junior scratched his shoes absentmindedly on the bricked floor.

 “does she know that I erase people’s numbers when they don’t reply to me?”

Leeteuk gently slapped his arm.

“don’t do that, she’s your girl.” He said.

aigoo, what’s with you and your eternal chivalry.” Heechul rolled his eyes.

He and Jessica were the not- so typical Korean couple unlike leeteuk and taeyeon’s generous public displays of affection. Heechul cannot blame leeteuk, the latter really did like giving all his attention to taeyeon. Leeteuk and taeyeon would discreetly expose their relationship outside the media, but when it comes to spending time at the SM entertainment building or having a private date of their own, the couple looked sweeter than anyone else. Heechul and Jessica were the same on and off cam.

 “how many times have you been tolerating taengoo’s moods?” heechul thought aloud when leeteuk was busy texting. He was used to his leader looking at his smart phone every now and then, as leeteuk really made it to the point to update himself to his girlfriend.

“a lot of times.” Leeteuk confessed. “but I don’t regret it.”

“scandals really make you stronger huh?” heechul poked his arm. “thanks to you other couples are left unnoticed.”

mwo, you talk to me as if we turned the entertainment business upside down.” Leeteuk bit his lip.

“well, didn’t you?” heechul teased. “you were the number one searched name on naver.”

Leeteuk laughed in a high pitched manner.

“I really know you, you have nothing to hide.” Heechul laughed too.

aigoo, were really getting old.”

leeteuk squinted at a distance to observe two girls approaching their area. The smaller in height was wearing a white sleeveless frilly top and jeans while the other was wearing a pink floral dress.

“here they are.” Leeteuk said.

annyeong.” Jessica bowed as taeyeon kissed leeteuk on the cheek.

Heechul acted taken aback.

yah, what’s taking you so long?” he stared at Jessica. She was taken aback too.

mianhe, I’ve been picking out a nice summer dress for you.” Jessica blushed.

Heechul blushed too.

yah, you actually look good in everything, no need to really focus on dressing up.” He blurted, erasing his mood. If only Jessica didn’t wear something nice, he would have been firing up words.

oppa, what did you order for me?” Jessica changed the topic.

“teuk ordered banana split for us.” heechul said.

Jessica pouted. So leeteuk ordered again for him, she thought.

“so you just nodded at teukie oppa’s order?” she asked, trying to be polite.

“what’s with you? We’ve been like that ever since.” Heechul pinched her cheek.

Leeteuk noticed the commotion as he busily played with taeyeon’s hands.

“you can change your order if you want.” He suggested as he faced taeyeon. “what about you taeng, you tell me if you don’t like my order.”

“I love banana split, are you kidding me?” taeyeon firmly held his hand. “yah, sica, you simply change the order if you don’t like his.”

anni, its okay. Its cool stuff anyway.” Jessica shrugged.

Heechul put his arm around his girlfriend’s shoulders.

“you’ve been acting really strange nowadays.” He noticed, looking at her. “something wrong?”

“nothing much.” Jessica said. “perhaps later, we’ll talk about it.”

“why not now?” heechul asked.

“we have to eat first, don’t we?”

Heechul laughed.

“okay.”

Jessica looked down at her lap. He knew heechul would be devastated if she talked it over during the meal.

--------------------------------

“so, what is it that you want to talk about?” heechul asked as the four of them already finished eating their icecream.

Jessica cleared , somewhat producing a SICA effect to her surroundings.

“I suddenly feel cold.” Leeteuk blinked.

“oppa.” Jessica stared at heechul. “have I not satisfy you?”

“mwo, satisfy?” heechul scratched his head. “what are you talking about?”

She must tell him this or else.

“have I been a good girlfriend to you?” Jessica asked.

Heechul laughed.

“of course you do.” he said, as leeteuk and taeyeon watched his reaction. “why think of that way?”

Jessica sighed.

“then why is that you appear closer to teukie oppa?” she asked again.

Leeteuk looked at taeyeon who, in a nick of time, diverted her attention to the bricked floor.

“he’s my hyung, what’s the problem with that.” heechul blurted.

“is this all because of me?” leeteuk stared helplessly at taeyeon.

“babe, that bonamana part really had us thinking.” She replied.

“fan service?” leeteuk asked. “hon, I don’t get this.”

“I think I need to pee.” Taeyeon thought aloud, pulling leeteuk by the arm. “come with me.”

“huh? Hon, you go there inst---“

“come with me.” taeyeon said through gritted teeth. “ne, we’ll leave you for a moment.”

Jessica saw this as a big opportunity as she and heechul watched taeyeon dragging leeteuk away from the table.

“you’re acting really foolish.” Heechul blurted suddenly, making jessica’s eyes widen in surprise.

“what?”

“Jessica jung.” Heechul unconsciously placed the finished trays of banana splits aside. “if you have a problem with me and leeteuk doing things in public, you cannot stop it because it is for the fans.”

What was she thinking anyways? Heechul thought. he and leeteuk had been friends even before debut. Jessica knew it ever since they started dating exclusively. And Jessica knew that super junior loves fan service.

“but you’re definitely making everyone think that you’re an item or so—“

Heechul rolled his eyes.

yah, honestly,don’t you think that you’re going over the top?” he asked, as Jessica scratched her head. “we were in relationship for more than a year, you’ve never been jealous or let me put it this way… you never told me that you had problems with me interacting with girls. And now that I’m interacting with someone my own age, someone I trusted the most, someone that I have been friends with for the long time, now you think that something is going on between us?”

Jessica bit her lip and could feel her eyes moisten but tried to calm herself by staring at the flowers at the garden infront of the café.

“sica.” Heechul looked at the flowers too. “you’re acting like a child. Can you just stop thinking that way? Because it makes me think that you’re just trying to make a scandal to get my attention.”

He laughed, without intending so, as Jessica stood up from her seat and slammed her hands nosily on the table.

yah, what are you doing??” heechul gasped.

“first of all, I’m not making a scandal to get your attention!” she blurted. “oppa, the reason why I am here with you is to discuss about your closeness with teukie oppa. Yeah, maybe I do am going over the top. But oppa, I’m just trying to have a good conversation with you. I just want to have assurance.”

“assurance?” heechul stood up too. “why should I give you assurance when there’s no problem in the first place?”

He crossed his arms and looked at jessica’s twinkling eyes.

“don’t tell me you’re really jealous with leeteuk?” he asked. Heechul suddenly laughed. “yah.”

But Jessica already left the place before he could make out any explanations to say.
--------------------------------

PARK

“sica!” heechul called out.

Jessica ran as fast as she could, ignoring the stares of the people who appeared to have been star struck at her presence. She would ignore this now, for she didn’t want to see heechul after he constantly laughed at her reactions. If there is one thing that she hates from guys the most, it is when they laugh at serious matters--- yes, she considered the topic as a great serious matter and kim heechul just thought of it as a plain joke. How could he not understand her even when she appeared like she could almost cry?

She stopped when she realized that heechul was still following her and she could not resist the fact that heechul’s state of running is not good. He had an accident in 2006 and ever since after that, his bionic leg would limit his activities.

“jessica jung.” Heechul said again. he was definitely serious now, maybe because she just made him run.

“you shouldn’t have followed me!” Jessica said. she cared for him alright, but she just don’t want it to be exposed.

“seriously, do you think I wont run after you?” heechul paced himself until he was almost a feet away from Jessica. “yah, can you please just stop what you are thinking between me and leeteuk? Because honestly it will just make us uncomfortable with each other.”

Jessica sighed.

“uncomfortable for the two of you.” She repeated. “but not about us? is it just all about you and leeteuk oppa?”

“you’re talking nonsense again!” heechul said. “how many times should I tell you that nothing’s going on?”

oppa, just stop doing things in public that will make people misunderstand!” Jessica said. if he could just restrain himself from being too showy during bonamana.

“I am not stopping what I’ve always done.” Heechul finally said.

“what?”

“I told you, I am not stopping.” Heechul said. “even if you want me to stop.”

Jessica’s tears immediately fell towards her cheeks.

yah, don’t cry, this is just a silly matter!” he said.

“you won’t really stop even if your girlfriend already told you?” Jessica choked.

“of course, this is showbusiness, relationships don’t dictate.” Heechul said. Jessica shook her head and inhaled deep breaths before replying.

“you are a selfish conceited kim heechul.” She blurted pacing a few steps away.

yah, where are you going?”

“to some place you cannot follow!” she shouted back.

Heechul moved himself forward to follow.

“then text me at least when I ask where you are!”

“I wouldn’t!” Jessica said through gritted teeth.

Heechul stopped in his tracks.

yah, you know that when you don’t answer I will quickly forget you.” He mumbled.

Jessica stopped moving too and faced heechul with a face mixed with disappointment and disgust.

oppa.” She said. “this is the only thing that I want you to understand and yet you don’t take things seriously. Then let it be if I don’t reply, you’re not serious anyways.”

“are you breaking up with me?” heechul could feel his eyes stinging from the air.

“if you call it that way.” Jessica tried to raise her head up. “lets just stop this nonsense.”

yah, sica!”

Heechul remained paralyzed from his standing position until Jessica vanished completely out of his view.

------------------------------

Super Junior Dormitory

“two shots more, two shots!” heechul shouted when ryeowook finished drinking the last shot of soju.

He was in his usual drinking self again, the usual kim heechul who like to drown problems in a series of drinks even with a high alcohol tolerance. He cannot help it, he would always think that the best alcohol in the world could cure an intense amount of heartbreak.

He had urged Yesung and Sungmin to drink with him, even though the two would prefer not to, especially Yesung. But since Yesung understood it completely that Jessica broke up with his hyung, he found no excuse not to drink with him in sympathy.

Leeteuk meanwhile, was at the corner of the table, looking at heechul in concern.

yah, jungsu.” heechul called out his true name.

“its my fault.” Leeteuk said.

“you always think that its your fault because youre the leader!” heechul laughed. “hey, don’t think that way. We invented those stunts, nothing would stop us.”

“but even taeng said---“

Heechul put down his bottle of suju.

“taengoo is from snsd.” He rolled his eyes. “of course she would be biased. Honestly you really think that your girlfriend’s words are more meaningful than mine?”

“dont compare yourself to taeng.”

“girls are females who don’t know that guys are hurt too! thanks sungmin.” heechul blurted, as sungmin placed more finger foods to their table. “they just think of too much crazy things. Even getting jealous of co-members! Really, can more things get complicated than that?”

“tell me all about it, hyung.” Donghae said, immediately putting a hand on his shoulder.

“what tell me all about it, you are fine with yoona, eesh!” heechul jerked donghae’s hand away.

aigoo, I’m just being cooperative.”

“stop being cooperative when it’s the otherwise” heechul hissed. The cinderella man of the group just shook his head and sighed. “well, I guess its over. She didn’t send me any texts since teuk and I went out with them.”

“maybe she’ll text you to say she’s sorry?” ryeowook asked, lightening up the mood.

“no, she said she wouldn’t do it.”

Yesung put down his second bottle of suju.

hyung.” He said. “I will be by your side forever!”

“thanks Yeye.” Heechul said. just thinking of Jessica’s texts made his heart wring in pain all of a sudden.

“I really don’t like this.” Leeteuk sighed. He took out his phone and began dialing up a number.

yah, what are you doing?”

Leeteuk placed his bottle on the floor. “calling up taeng, so Jessica will talk to you.”

“don’t do that!”

aigoo, kim heechul??” leeteuk looked at his friend in alarm. “you are sitting there, drinking straight for five hours and you’re going to tell me to stop doing this?”

“Sica stepped on my pride so I have nothing to say to her.” heechul said.

“can’t you just lessen---“

“park jungsu!” heechul bellowed in a voice that made shindong drop his rice balls. He cannot take this anymore. “she made it clear earlier, she has nothing to do with me! stop interfering on my life.”

Leeteuk sighed.

“I’m just doing this because I care for you.” He said, standing up. “if you don’t want any intervention then fine, you’re on your own.”

Heechul watched as  leeteuk briefly made an exit, heading towards his room situated at the end.

hyungs don’t fight.” Kyuhyun pouted, even he, submerged himself in pity.

Yesung stood up and followed leeteuk to his room.

aigoo, this guy.” Heechul rolled his eyes. “yah! You said you’ll be with me forever!”

“looks like teukie hyung has more reason.” Sungmin said.

Heechul slammed his bottle on the glass table.

“fine!” he said. “if you don’t agree with me, then leave me here! I can handle this myself.”

hyung…”

“stop acting like you care for me when you’re not!” heechul said. he was in an angry tone again, more intense that eunhyuk and shindong headed toward leeteuk’s room too.

Sungmin sighed and stood up too.

“who’s going to follow him? Go to your leader, I don’t need you here.” heechul told the other members, Kyuhyun, donghae and ryeowook. Kyuhyun shook his head and walked out too.

hyung, don’t be like this.” Donghae placed a hand on heechul’s arm.  he knew that his words would calm heechul and the cinderella of super junior would always follow him.

But something in heechul’s personality today made even donghae wince.

“you don’t care for me, you guys always follow leeteuk anyway.”

hyung..”

“I’m fine.” Heechul said. “just go to him. Leave me alone.”

“we would not leave you alone.” Ryeowook said. “you’re also our hyung.”
----------------------------

SNSD DORMITORY

“sica, no one’s going to do anything if you just stay all day slumping at your bed.” Taeyeon said.

Jessica forced her eyes closed and insisted submerging her face on the pillow. No one should see her face. her eyes looked bug tired, her cheeks flushed and swollen. She just ran all the way to the dorm without telling anyone what happened.

But the eight girls knew in the dormitory what just took place, even if it doesn’t take Jessica to say the words herself.

Seohyun, the maknae, sat on jessica’s bed and ran a hand on the blonde girl’s hair.

unni looks really tired.” she whispered, taking a pity. “unni, you shouldn’t be like this, you should tell us.”

“how can she tell you if she’s all that ice.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“what’s this, what’s this?” sooyoung entered the room and sat on jessica’s back.

“ouch! Get off me!” Jessica squealed.

“I will if you face us.” sooyoung said.

Jessica grumbled and jerked over, sending sooyoung to tumble herself towards seohyun.

aigoo, what are you acting like that!” sooyong shrieked.

Jessica sat up and tears immediately flow from her eyes.

“we broke up okay?” she choked, like a child, as seohyun and sooyoung helped each other to sit. “we broke up, I insisted it because he’s not listening to me. he’s just laughing as if everything’s just plain freak.”

“you know heechul oppa, he’s always like that.” taeyeon said.

“but he shouldn’t be that way.”

“yes, he shouldn’t be.” Taeyeon said. but she knew how much heechul would just laugh over a serious matter. He just liked masking himself. “but you also knew that he was always like that. maybe you should just make arrangements on that part.”

Jessica sighed. “but we broke up, there’s nothing more to do.”

“you broke up because you didn’t text him.” Sooyoung pointed a finger at her. “which is really childish for the both of you since you know how much oppa reacts when no one’s replying to him.”

“he started it!”

aigoo, how will things be okay when both of them are like that.” taeyeon said.

---------------------------

Jessica’s POV

 

The next day.

I don’t even know if I would have the strength to face a day like this. This will be my first, an epitome of my singlehood, with no one to rely to, with no heechul oppa to be there with.

Isn’t this just another nightmare?

If it is, I hope I wake up.

But again, this is a reality.

I was finished doing my usual chores in the morning, washing my face, tidying up my hair when our doorbell rang suddenly, making me jump in an unusual manner.

Because our clock says that its only seven in the morning and I don’t usually wake up at this hour but since I’m heartbroken, I decided to get busy.

I headed towards our pink door and had it opened, suspecting a delivery mail or a breakfast delivery ordered by no other than our leader taengoo.

But it was neither.

“heechul oppa?” I blurted. I think my heart just made a leap. Like a ride in a roller coaster, tumbling and twirling.

But my brain also said stop feeling that way.

I straightened up my back and crossed my arms as a drunken looking heechul stepped inside, even forgetting to place his shoes on the rug at the corner.

yah, what do you want?” I said, trying to be strong. I have to be strong, I was the one who broke up with him, I shouldn’t feel weakened.

“sica.” Heechul said. he looked ultra tired. “I’m here to tell you something.”

Gosh, his alcohol breath is really distracting.

“say it quick.” I said, avoiding to cover my nose. I don’t want to have him offended though.

“I—“ heechul took a deep breath. When he was done, he was looking at me straight in the eyes. “I’m really sorry, what I did, about the text thing. I think its because it’s a part of me says that I usually ignore people who don’t reply to me. but I guess you’re different from them.”

I tightened my arms around my chest more.

“well.” Heechul looked up the ceiling, probably trying to hold back something. Tears? “ I was really surprised that you were acting really jealous on my own hyung. I mean, jungsu. He’s a really good guy, and we’re doing this because it’s a promotional thing. It’s a fan service. So we couldn’t just entangle our relationship to showbusiness. I think its clear in SM right?”

I nodded, feeling slightly embarrassed of my actions yesterday.

“but I also knew that the reason why you brought that up to me is because it really looked as if people could really misunderstood our actions. Yes, we’re getting there, but fans also knew that it was just part of our show.” Heechul continued, as his hands surprisingly held mine. I was taken aback by such gesture. The usual heechul wouldn’t do this. “Sica, do you forgive me? i’m really sorry if it looked like I wasn’t listening to you. But after what I had yesterday, having a drinks with my dongsaengs, leeteuk walking out because of my deeds—“

“leeteuk oppa walked out?”

Heechul’s cheeks went red.

“I told him not to interfere with us.” he said. “but I’m wrong with that. he was just trying to help me. you know our dongsaengs really looked up to him that much. I was only left with donghae and ryeowook last night and they made me realize that I have a mistake ignoring what my hyung said. so I made up with leeteuk and he insisted that I go here, which is right.”

“yes you should really go here.” I said, not minding what effect it would make to heechul, but he just smiled and nodded.

“I will listen to you from now on.” He said as I wiped my cheek with a tear that just came out. “ I cannot promise you that I will be tamed but I will at least try.”

I nodded.

“just promise me that you will not laugh every time I place out some concern.” I said.

“I could deal with that.”

Heechul looked again at me in the eyes.

“so.” He said. “are we still together?”

Together? Will I still plunge myself to kim heechul’s crazy relationship? I bit my lip, I shouldn’t be thinking that hard. The answer is easy.

The answer is..

“yes.” I said. “we’re still together. That is, if you go straight to the dorm and take a bath. Because you stink.”

I was really expecting him to shout at me but he just showered me with one of his hyena like laugh.

“fine.” He said. I smiled and found myself braced inside this man’s arms.

Kim heechul just hugged me.

“heenim hug.” He said as I tightened my arms around his waist. “this is life.”