DVD Rental

DVD Rental

“Which hasn’t returned the dvd I want yet”

Yoongi had been coming to the dvd rental store twice a week for the last three weeks looking for a specific film only to find that it still hadn’t been returned. How long did it take to watch a movie anyways, Yoongi always managed to watch a film and bring the dvd back to rental place by the next day. The blonde shuffles up to the counter for what feels like the hundredth time this months to ask the whereabouts of the dvd.
 

“Before you even say anything, no I don’t know why the film hasn’t been returned. It was supposed to be back two weeks ago, they’re gonna have to pay a hell of a fee.”
 

“Why are they doing this? I mean is it really that good that they’re watching it on repeat or something.”
They guy behind the counter snorts at that, which Yoongi finds oddly endearing coming from the tall brunette.
 

“No, I’ve seen the movie already it’ not that great. I feel kinda bad because you’ve been coming here constantly and I think you’re going to be disappointed.”


The brunette seems genuine when he says that he feels bad, worrying his bottom lip between his teeth as he takes in the blonde in front of him.
 

“Oh really, did you see it when it came out at the cinema?”
 

Yoongi is kinda surprised at himself because normally he doesn’t strike up conversation with people easily but he’s been coming in here a lot and the boy behind the counter is cute so what’s the harm.
 

“Yeah I saw it at the cinema, it wasn’t that great in all honesty, so generic unfortunately. They had all this action and then kept stopping everything to add in some stupid love scene.”
 

The blonde was a little shocked at this, the boy behind the counter always smiles prettily behind his hand, glances away when Yoongi looks him in the eye and one time he even giggled. Yoongi was sure that the brunette was the type to love a romance film, the kind that make you feel sick every time the couple on screen just sit and stare at each other without say a word for long periods of time.
 

“That’s kinda surprising, I would have thought you liked that kinda thing.”
The guy in front of Yoongi looks up catching his eye in slight surprise only to look back down at the counter before speaking, it was very cute he had to admit.
 

“I seem the type to enjoy it when a cool action sequence suddenly stops so that the so-called ‘hero’ can tell some random girl he’s hardly spoken to throughout the film that he loves her?”
Yoongi feels a little awkward because that’s not what he meant at all, the other guy sounded very cynical about the supposed “love scene” and usually that’s Yoongi’s job.
 

“No wait that’s not what I mean! I just thought that you’d be into romance films, that’s all.”
 

The guy behind the counter looks up at Yoongi again and this time frowns a little and tilts his head to the side, god damn this guy, does he have to act so cute all the time.
 

“Well romance in a romance film is fine but it’s not necessary when I’m watching a bad- fight scene, you know. Why would you think that I like romance films in the first place?”

. Well now what’s Yoongi gonna say? You just act so shy and cute and giggly so yeah I just assumed..? Luckily he didn’t have to think of something because the other spoke first.
 

“You know what, my name is Seokjin and that cafe across the road closes at like midnight and I get off work in ten minutes so why don’t we carry on this conversation there?”
 

Yoongi couldn’t help but smirk because that was definitely a good idea and he was now very glad that some decided not to return the dvd. Unbeknownst to him the guy had actually returned the film two weeks ago and Seokjin had just kept it behind the counter so the blonde would keep showing up and eventually strike up a conversation.