Not A Summer Date

Not A Summer Date

That’s all what I remember….


Now, I’m half a wake. Trying to remember why i am here, on a bed. To be exact it’s a hospital bed, where you can smell the famous antiseptic smell (is that even make any sense?) and i can see a doctor, couple of nurses, and my boyfriend. Wait… My boyfriend? He supposed to pick me up for a date on a waterpark.

I’m fully awake now, i guess. I’m waiting for my boyfriend to finished talking with the doctor. As he finished, i whisper his name loud enough for him to hear it.

“Taekwoona~”

He turns his head to where i am, locking his eyes on mine, which I’m not sure is that a worried look or it is much more like he’s glaring at me. He walks towards me and stand right beside my bed, then brush my hair while saying, “I told you to stop. Do a proper diet or don’t do it at all!"

“Oh.. Yeah I’m at an emergency room right now if I’m correct?” Iasked and He nodded. “We supposed to go to the water park today, but i ended up..”


“Yes, you ended up fainting in front of the door. Right after you open it!” He continued my word with a little bit of anger. “Thank god I was there, how if it’s happen when you were alone in your room and nobody is there to help you?” I knew it, he’s angry and he’s about to losing it.

“I’m sorry Taekwoona~” as I pout my lips and try to reach his hand. He knows I’m trying to make him feel more ease. He reaches back and holds my hand tightly, “Promise me, no diet from now on! And to be honest, throw away your swimming wear if you only want to be skinny so you can look good on that.”

“And I don’t like you showing off your body to other people.” yep, I’m sure he added that sentences without looking at me while walking outside the ward to call the nurse.

•••

It’s 5 PM when we arrived at my place. Since we can’t spend our day at a water park, he decided to stay at my place and accompany me. He was quite worried too, as if he knew that his girl wouldn’t eat unless he feeds her. That’s kind of true, if I’m sick, I’m the type who will only lay on the bed or couch or wherever and do nothing at all. at all. Not even listening to music, the thing I love the most.

After he tucked me inside the bed, closing the curtain beside my bed, lit up a white musk scented candle, he then left to the kitchen.

I’m still a little bit dizzy, doctor said I need more sugar and carbs. I couldn’t think what I should eat or even what I want to eat. I hate the fact that I’m on my bed still with my make up on. This make up supposed to stun my Mr. Perfectionist boyfriend on our water park date. I roll around my bed with full of disappointment on myself while thinking about that.

When I lost in my thoughts about what supposed to happen today, my room door was opened and my boyfriend comes in bringing a bowl of mushroom cream soup and a cup of tea.

“You haven’t done any groceries shopping huh? I only could found this instant soup, but better than nothing. Eat up, hurry!” He said that while handing over the bowl to me, then he put the tea on the lamp table beside the bed. “And here’s your favorite peppermint green tea.”

That long black hair that he let it grow until below his ears, that small pointy lips that rarely say much words, that deep eyes he always has, seems much more beautiful when he only sit like that and stares at me as I spoon my cream soup. But he looks worried, more than ever. “Want some?” No reply, he only keep staring at me. “Don’t look at me like that. It’s not like I’m going to die or what.” He looked at me with disbelief.  “I’m not going to argue with you, finished it up.”

“Oh, i added some sugar on your tea. I’m sorry, but you need more sugar. Just this time, I promise.”

I smiled when he said sorry for adding sugar on my tea. He knew it better than anyone, I always hated when someone put sugar on my peppermint green tea. Sugar ruins the taste, and I hate it.

I finished all the soup and tea. He cleaned up everything before he goes home. He then sat on my bed, brushing my hair with his long beautiful finger, ready to say good bye and good night. I pulled his arm, and he knew that I want a hug. He hugged me tightly and I hugged him back tighter. “Do you really have to go home? I don’t like being alone when I’m sick.” I said that while I’m drowning my face on his chest. I looked up on him and I could see him smiling, that smile that always makes you feel insulted, but it’s that smile that he gave every time he knows that you needed him, and it’s that smile that you wish you could always see so you could feel better.

"Okay, I’ll stay. Until you fall asleep."