The Words I Wanted To Hear

Lullabies

I awoke to the sound of the thunder banging the sky. I love it when it rains this hard, especially on weekends when all I ever wanted is to sleep all day, cuddle with my pillow. But this time, I can't help but get annoyed because I haven't gotten enough sleep last night. I sat up and looked for my phone to check the time. It read 7:38 and goodness, it's damn early.

My eyes were still feeling groggy but I forced myself to open my email and check for messages.

*Scrolls*

My eyes lit up to one particular name that flashed on my inbox. And by all sorcery, a familiar thud was felt on my chest. My insides were all tangled to a knot that's impossible to clear up. Suddenly, flashbacks started playing on my mind and I couldn't stop it. Until I broke down. I was afraid. I got fcking afraid that I may once again losecontrol and end up being a zombie again. The things that I have experienced from the past were all enough to hit me with what reality truly wants to let me know. Let me know that..

It was only just a dream.

She appeared like a ghost, heeding me no warning that she'll come into my life. That very moment when I was all messed up and all clueless to what it seemed like the real purpose of life. It was a time where I have failed.. Failed to do my best, failed to meet their expectations, and lastly, failed to reach my goal. However, she came and changed everything. She was a blessing, someone that I can call my angel. However, just like a tsunami, she swept in and everything vanished. She hit me hard like a wave crashing and destroying anything that comes before it. And I was just there, all shattered into pieces when I heard that fcking word that changed everything.

"Goodbye"

But it didn't end there. The word goodbye actually has no end. It's a never ending tale that will forever haunt you with memories that trigger heartaches, sleepless nights, and even losing your soul in an instant.

For what it seemed like an eternity, I came back to my senses and turned back to the screen. It was still dark, the sky was obviously mourning with me. The thunder didn't help as well. It clashes with my every heartbeat. I slowly, slowly click on the message with my trembling thumb. I closed my eyes first before reading it.

 

My dear Taeyeon-ah,

Sorry..

Yeah I know you’re pissed because after months of trying to contact me, that’s the first word that you’ll be receiving from me. I’ll bear it, but just hear me out.

Sorry for suddenly sending you a message at this point in time when you are already trying to forget about me or might have forgotten me already. Though I doubt that you already did forget about me, because I trust you. I trust your words.. You once told me how much you'll treasure whatever we had, though it was just short and might have been vague as well since I did leave you without giving you a concise reason why I needed to go. But I want you to know, that I never regretted my decision of being with you. Of spending my time with you despite the short span that we have been together as acouple. In fact, having you as my first, my beloved first girlfriend, opened my eyes to what love truly is. 

And you, being my first love, made me realize a lot of things. You made me grow. Yes I was still so young back then, and you don't know how much I looked up to you.. You guided me during those times that I needed to make decisions where there was no one I could seek help to.

Taeyeon-ah, I know that I have hurt you so much that you have even changed a lot. I left without even telling you how much I wanted to stay, how much I wanted to finally be with you and tell you how much I love you. But it won't always be the way we see it. I am sorry, but what I have felt for you, I needed to stop it and even sacrifice what we have started. You don't know how much I have suffered, thinking about how I should tell you. Remember when I told you that it was hard for me too during our last phone call. I'm sorry Taeyeon-ah. I don't think I still have to explain today, why I left. But it was for the better.  I hope I wasn't selfish enough for you, I hope you already understand and accept everything now.

When I was away, your heart was still clung to mine. It was just there, it has always been, and will always be. I still search for you, long for you, the warmth of your smile, the unending effect of your calm voice. All the time, you've always been there. It breaks my heart that whenever I miss you, there is nothing I could cling into but believe on my love for you. You were someone I knew in a very unexpected time. I was so in love with you that I couldn't think straight. During my classes, your name filled my notes, the receipts of my lunch, the half of my palm, the void space in my mind. You were nothing but my everything. I wish I could say these words to you, now that I am finally done with all of my concerns. With my fears, my worries. My problems. 

Now, it's safe for me to say that I'm all ready. Now, my sun is about to shine.. But I guess sunset came in first before even letting my sun's rays hit the horizon.

The beginning was crazy, and easy all at the same time. All we did was share our thoughts on our likings and that hit us hard. We just laughed, cried, and laughed again. I have never felt so damn connected to another soul. It dawned into me that I was made for you, and you were too, for me. We were sure of our feelings, we knew how and what we felt. Therewas a certainty of everything, even with the future that we were longing to experience with each other's presence.. But I wasn't able to hold on tight. I let go of your hands. 

It didn't slip, you weren't at fault of anything. It was me who pulled apart and didn't stick to our promises. But after all these months, I wish we're already done with the stage of looking for answers, asking ourselves why it happened. And most importantly, you asking me why I suddenly left and never once came back and tried answering your questions. 

But now, I know that love is not a guarantee, and it never is. This was actually what happened to us. I shouldn't have guaranteed you anything, so I wouldn't have hurt you in the end.

I miss you, a lot.. Everyday. But I was too coward to fight for us, for you. So I deserve all these. I deserve the pain, the longing, and the ty feeling of regret. But of course it's all too late now. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy and I gave you the opposite.

Taeyeon-ah, for all the times that I have hurt you, I am sorry. :( I deeply am.

I hope you're well. I know that you're a strong person and I believe you're already on your way to reaching your dreams. Before I end this mail, I want to thank you for everything. For bringing colors to my life, for protecting me, for giving me reasons to smile. Every second with you when we were together was my source of euphoria. Even a single message from you sends a long lasting effect on making my day complete.

I'll be keeping everything to myself now. Now that you have finally moved on, I will remain happy for you. I might not be there, but always know that you are a part of me . And will always be.

Thank you, Taeyeon-ah. I love you.. always.

 

Yours forever,

Jessica

 

As the last words crept into my system, I couldn't help but breakdown and shed hot tears. It has been a while since I last felt so bad, like my heart would stop beating. Because I never cried and felt bad for someone with this proximity. Only with her. All those times that I have been wishing for her to come back and explain everything to me, I have always longed for her answers. Everyday, I was hoping. I hoped and prayed.. But it never happened. My hope died after months of helplessly being fatal to my own decisions and actions. I was screwed, I was stupid. I shouldn't have been a fool over someone who didn't even manage to clear things up. As of the moment. I don't know what to feel. I don't what else is to feel after her message. My fingers are trembling, and I'm feeling even colder because of my anxiety and the restlessness is not a joke.

 

After debating with my mind, I came up to an answer to save myself from the torture. This is going to be unhealthy again for me if I prolong it and repeat the same stupid things I have done before. I clicked on and typed the words that have been trapped inside my heart once I have shut down the system of hoping for her to come back.

 

Dear Jessica,

I didn't expect for this day to come. I know that I have longed for this moment, I have prayed for it every single day.. But I gave it all to fate. If you were really to come back, I will cling on to that. But if it's the other way around, then so be it. I have grown tired of waiting. I am human too, Sica.

But here are the things I want to say to you..

I want you to be happy with the decisions that you've made. I don't want you regretting over the s of our past. Because of you, I have grown so much and learned from the experiences that we've had. It's not like I am completely giving you up now and handing you over to somebody else, but I want someone else to feel the warmth of your hugs, your smile, your voice, all of you, when I was still in your presence.

I want you to know, most of all, that despite what happened, even though I despise what happened after you left, I must tell you how happy and  inpired you once made me feel. Even though you are saying that you were the one who hurt me, and you have inflicted so much pain to me, I know that I deserve them all. 

I am unsure if what we had was really love, but if it was, I will make sure to never let yo go this time. If falling in love with you will hurt me all over again, I will bear the entire pain of it, just to be with you again. I want to experience and feel your lips close to mine, the feeling of your touch that never fades away in my consciousness. I know that I am fragile to get hurt again, but if it's with you, I don't mind dying of the same pain again. 

And finally, youwill always be a part of me. You have never left my memory, my heart. Shutting down what I felt before was a choice, to help my self at the very least. But you, Jessica, will ALWAYS be in here. ♥

Now I am handing eveything over to fate. If we were to meet again, I know that I'd be happy once again. However, things won't be the same as before anymore. But please keep in mind that we can start anew. Whatever type of relationship it may be.

Thank you Jessica, for everything.

You know I love you too, always..

 

Yours forever and a day,

Taeyeon