Chapter 1

Spy

The sound of heels along the concrete floors was the only thing that could be heard as Mira walk into her supervisor's office. Being a international spy for the UN was a difficult job but Mira made it, being the youngest in fact. She joined when she was 13, before that she worked as an undercover officer for the Singapore Army and police force. She grew up with her father teaching her before she became an officer when she turned 9 years old, giving her the title youngest person to join the army. Today she was being deported to South Korea, something about a suspected murder case that might have lead from the corruption of the North Korean government. Being a UN spy meant that every other officer was below her, she was the top. You know, she was a senior but being 17 didn't mean she didn't know how to respect her elders.

 

She looked around, looking for her name on the boards at the airport. She immediately went up when she saw her name, as her driver put her luggage in the trunk before driving to her accommodation, handing her a brown envelope. She read it, it was just case details. The suspect was a male high school student, thus she was going undercover in his high school. Being a spy, she needed to know a lot of languages, thank god, Korean was one of them. The car windows were tinted for safety purposes as they drove into abandoned building where she was going to meet her teammate for the mission. The Interpol in Korean better have good fighters, she thought as she walked into the building. She saw a guy standing in the middle, with geeky glasses and a laptop his other hand and walked up to him.

 

Mira: Hello, I'm Mira, glad to be working with you.

Haneul: It's an honor, meeting you and working with you. I'm Kim Haneul.

Mira: So where am I staying?

Haneul: My place, I'm going to be your older brother as a disguise.

Mira: So I call you, Oppa, right? And you have the room we need right?

Haneul: Yes, you should and Yeah, I also got the room and van so we are all set.

Mira: Let's go then.

 

We left for his house, not bad actually, this guy is kinda rich considering the expensive modern looking house I'm seeing. He helped me with my bags to my room, and I'll have to say, I love it. Not only was it huge, it had a walk-in closet, king size bed, making it look so tumblr He'll yes I know about tumblr rooms, I'm still a teenage girl! We talked over dinner after I unpacked, he was a good cook and we got along pretty well. My mission was to start tomorrow.

 

I got up on time the next morning, getting ready for school. Gotta look good yet like a bad girl. Dark makeup, check. I went downstairs with my bag, seeing breakfast being served by Haneul Oppa. Cereal and milk, classic but just my type. He was driving me to school so after breakfast, we got into his car. This guy is rich, imported sports car, are you kidding me? He just chuckled before driving off. The school irked me a little, I didn't like coming to school, it's always immature brats who divides everyone like a caste system. He parked the car as we both got off, as I followed him in, a lot of girls were all over him because of his good looks, he did look pretty good without the glasses, while guys were just checking me out. them, I ain't no hoe. We got to the office and got my schedule and so forth, Oppa meeting my homeroom teacher. Oppa left right after so the homeroom teacher, Mr Kim, brought me to class. Talk about the most horrid class. I spotted my target, sitting at the back. I've got to admit, he was hot but still he is my target so I won't mix anything with my work. I introduced myself as asked before the teacher told me to sit next to him, thank god, he had the only seat left next to him. Target is Kim Donghyuk, 18 years old senior, right hand man of suspect in a murder, possible link to the murderer of the two ministers who were killed during the election of the Prime Minister. He didn't even pay any attention to me, guess I need to attract some. The girls around me glared at me, especially these three girls who sat in the row next to me. I'm sorry but I have the permission to beat you up. The bell for lunch rang as everyone piled out, the girls immediately surrounding me. I stood up, giving a dark aura around the room. Jessie was the leader I guess as she introduced herself before she and her minions grab hold of me. I smirked as they started yelling, asking me if it was funny. Well, let's just say I gave the students a show and the three of them where crouched on the floor in pain as I walked out, freely. Gossip was spreading fast, they started treating me like the Jang, female Jang. But it didn't attract much attention from him.

 

It's been two days, the three girls became my followers for some reason and I got all the information from them. Classes ended for the day so I decided to follow him, he was walking towards the bad side of town but I still followed, making sure I didn't get caught. He met up with people along the way, the group getting bigger till it was about 7 of them. There were two who were in another school uniform and the rest were just in normal clothes. They got on motorbikes before heading off. Lucky I placed a small tracking device on his phone, I saw Oppa's van roll up as he unloaded my motorbike into the alley, giving me a change of clothes and a Bluetooth earphone. I changed into my black jeans, tank ,leather jacket and mask before I took off. I got to an old abandoned warehouse, according to Oppa's directions. I walked in, hearing noises inside. A full blown fight was happening and Donghyuk was just getting bashed up. I took the matter into my own hands, it might be a risk but it's a risk for the country. I kicked and punched everyone who wasn't on his side, knocking everyone down as I reached a hand out to Donghyuk pulling him up and fighting some more. It's 7 versus like 20 guys, did they not use their heads? I thought leaving an impression would be good so after we defeated them, I just walked out, coyly. And I guess it worked as they ran out after me, but I was already on my motorbike, driving off the scene.

 

I told Oppa everything when I got home, before I begin with my homework. This is easy since I graduated early with a diploma. I went to bed after finish my case report, I went to school early the next morning, but a hand grabbed me, pulling me into a secluded part of the school, I didn't panic because I recognized who was pulling me along. I finally got his attention. Yippee! I'm kidding, we stopped and I just stared at him with a stoic expression.

 

Donghyuk: Did you follow me yesterday?

Mira: No, just heard that a big fight was going on so I wanted to see, wanted to see how people here fight. Quite daring for you to fight against a gang thrice your size.

Donghyuk: Just stay out of it, you're only getting into trouble.

Mira: What if I want trouble?

Donghyuk: Just stay out of it, you could get hurt.

Mira: Excuse me but who was the one who saved you?

Donghyuk: That was a small issue, about territories, there are bigger issues that could get you hurt if you follow me.

Mira: Oh please- *you hear voices and instantly pulling him behind you hiding behind a wall*

??????: Make sure this plan is carried out properly.

Building manager: But sir, there is a hidden department that was not approved by the school, this is illegal without permission. We have dig underground too.

??????: I got the permission so shut up and do your job, don't tell anyone about it. *menacing stare with low voice*

Building Manager: Yes sir.

 

They walked away before I stood up, dusting my hands. I looked at Donghyuk before walking off. I skipped class, going straight home before doing a background check on Donghyuk and the two guys I saw earlier. We can do perfect picture recognition, just need a good sketch, luckily I sketch pretty well. I hacked into the construction company's database and found the blueprints but I didn't see any secret department drawn, it looked like a normal plan so I guess I have to get it myself. Donghyuk profile was very vague, he was born around 2 months earlier than me, mom and dad was killed in a car crash, his brother worked for a major gang in korea before he got killed too, he was currently in a gang with 6 other friends and this was unconfirmed but they were linked to a main guy aka suspect who could be linked to the possible government corruption. Donghyuk and his group was dependent on the suspect, from housing to food to money, he was their legal guardian. I looked at the suspect profile but there was no picture but the name given was Joon.

 

I heard another screen go off and went to check, Donghyuk was on the move. I changed into something more provocative yet mature since I noticed he was heading towards the bad side of town. I went downstairs as Oppa gave me the in ear as I took off in my motorbike, arriving at the destination. A really cheap looking hostess bar was where he went. I noticed the familiar motorbikes outside and knew his friends were here too as I walked in as discreetly, I heard footsteps as lifted myself off the ground, holding on to the wall for support as I see the two waiters walk below me before I walked further in. "Target is with his friends and our suspect Joon in the VIP room" , Oppa said as I walked over to the room. The smell of alcohol and cigarettes greeted me as I looked around for a way to listen in, but didn't have to wait too much when a hostess came out the room, leaving the door slightly open.

 

Joon: Good jobs on getting the territories, boys. But I have a better job for you, I want you to kill the science teacher and Maths teacher in your school, Donghyuk. They have been snooping around too much. Don't worry about being arrested, the law is lenient towards you, young guys.

Hanbin: Yes, Hyungnim.

Joon: Let Donghyuk do this himself, or Junhoe can take the other teacher if it's too much.

Donghyuk: We'll think about-

Joon: You don't think about it when I say it, it's a order so you do it without thinking! *menacing voice*

Donghyuk: Yes, Hyungnim.

Joon: Since you want time, I'll give you a month to do it. If you don't, the due date is your due date as well in this world.

Jinhwan: Yes, Hyungnim.

 

OMG, isn't that the guy from school with the contractor? I saw them stand up, walking towards the door as I tried to walk away normally. "Mira, target is following you, lose him," I took a peek with the reflection next to me and Donghyuk was really walking after me. So I made a run for it, he was running right after me. Need a distraction, iTunes into a corner and looked around, seeing two ugly guys in black suits, walking up to one of them and putting them in the face. When he turned into the corner, the only thing he saw was the two guys chasing me. I got to my bike as the two idiots followed, thinking I was cornered in the car park. I didn't have to wait much before I saw Donghyuk run up to me, standing infront of me. "Want to have some fun?" I winked, looking over his shoulder which one guy grabbed. He smirked before we took those two out. "Get on! ", I yelled as I handed him a helmet while the two guys were getting off the floor. He quickly put it on, getting on the back as we drove off. He refused to hold on to me though, so I went a little faster which did the trick, as he arms encircled my waist. I drove into the garage, walking in asking him to follow as locked the door behind him , washing my hands and putting my apron on. He sat down on the dining table, watching me as I cooked. I don't know, maybe I felt bad that he doesn't eat home cooked meals. I cooked everything I knew as I set up the table. He just stared at me, managing like it would work. Seriously dude? I set the utensils infront of him and he still didn't budge, not even when the delicious aroma of my Korean food was right infront of him.

 

Donghyuk: What do you think you're doing?

Mira: Come on, I heard you always eat out. You should eat at least one home-cooked meal?

Donghyuk: Why were those guys chasing you?

Mira: Nothing much, but what I found interesting was your Hyungnim. Ran in there by accident but finds you, talk about destiny. *jokes*

Donghyuk: If you see me with Hyungnim, don't come near us or follow us. He will get you killed.

Mira: Fine, but will you eat now? I'll send you back, wherever you want to go. So just eat.

 

I stuffed a spoonful of rice in his mouth before he finally started eating, letting me eat in peace as well. I gave him a chance to drive this time, since he was eying the bike a lot. I didn't want to hold his waist, guess he noticed because he started going faster but I was still. He started lifted the front in the air, that's when I hugged his waist. He finally stopped at a cafe, as I noticed his friend's bikes outside, before he got off. I just took off as he waited for me to say goodbye.

 

I yawned as I walked into class, plopping down in my seat, fall asleep. After all the tape reviews I had to do last night, I didn't want to come but apparently suspect was coming here with the man who was linked with the Prime Minister. The ringleader is what we needed to know, what was the link. I sat up on my chair to find a milk and bread, placed infront of me, looking up at the owner. "Eat it, it's a thank you for last night", He said as he sat down next to me. Warming up to me huh? I eat it like he requested before classes began.

I looked at the time, 10am, they should be here. I excused myself before heading out. The hallways would be dangerous, so I climbed out the window, working my way down without getting caught. I jumped over the contraction fence, and hid as I saw them walk in. I took pictures for facial recognition and used the hearing enhancer. The topic of the hidden room was brought up but was immediately shut. I looked at the packets of concrete next to me, and noticed it wasn't a approved one, taking a picture of it. A lot happens in this place. I put my in ear on, sending the pictures as I listened to Oppa's direction to go back to class without being caught. But I found expensive looking car, should be the Ringleader's. I saw a skateboard, lying in a corner and took in, rolling under the car and fixing in the location device.   I heard footsteps with the enhancer and quickly rolled out, running back to class without being caught. The teacher joked that I fell asleep there before class continued.


 

This time, Donghyuk was following me, thinking I didn't know when I obviously did. I just lead him through the same neighborhood like 4 times, but he continued. So I ran for it, losing him in a crowded street as I took a cab home. Oppa briefed me about who the people in the pictures are, Our ringleader was Mr Han a well known businessman and gang leader who ran for Minister twice and failed but we didn't get what he and the prime minister were connected. What did they have to do with North Korea and it's leader. I went back on the case of the murder victims, finding similarities but the only thing I saw was that there were ministers. But there was information not seen by press, at the bottom of the notes, it was written that all three had rejected the idea of joining North Korea which the prime Minister suggested. But what does the prime minister got to do with North Korea? We searched everything we could find, nothing turned up but the prime minister was seen in North Korea when he was starting as a Minister, but the news was cancelled saying the picture was photoshopped and that he didn't. Our monitor screen went off again, The Han car was heading for the Barrier, Oppa also got insight that Mr PM was heading there too. It's 2am, you think they would be asleep. I got into my gear, weapons and black clothes, getting on my bike, heading off. I hide my bike, as I watched through the bushes. The place was secluded but a boat was sailing over, bringing them to the other side. I swam over, hiding as I injected the sleep medicine into the soldiers as I went. I got to the parliament building and got into the vents, since it's the only way. I found the room, recording.

 

Mr Han: It's nice to meet you again, Sir.

N Leader: How is our plan going?

PM: We plan on uniting in 2 days, after that we can start a new war, turning the whole world communist!

NLeader: Brilliant, brother!

PM: No one will stop us from uniting our people.

Han: My men are ready to sacrifice their lives for you!