love, girls and tears

One

Jessica is busy with her works when she hears the vibration of her mobile phone. She decides to ignore it until it becomes repetitive, when she compromises and glances at the screen. 

 

8 messages from 지금은 소녀시대!! ♥ 

 

She gasps, and looks out of her office room to see if any colleagues are noticing her. She silently prepares her heart before finally opening her messages. 

 

Soo: Hi sica! 

Seobaby: Annyeong sica unnie :)

Yul: Hi sica! 

Hyo: HELLO JESSICAAAAAA

Soonkyu: sica!!!!!! hi :)

Yoong: Hello sica unnie!! 

Steph: Hey Jess! 

Taengoo: Hello sica :)

 

She feels her heart break into smashed pieces. Beads of tears begin falling from her eyes and roll down her smooth cheeks, as she sits in shock from the incoming information.

 

She is stunned when she hears repeated vibrations once again, this time a phone call. 

 

Incoming call: 소시♥ 

 

She contemplates for a moment before she finally wipes the tears off and goes over to pull the blinder down of her office room. 

 

She answers the call and with shaky hands. She picks it up and brings it to her ear, but does not answer. 

 

"Sica?" She hears Sooyoung's voice first. 

 

"Soo?" she replies in a tiny whisper. 

 

"Jessica!" "Unnie!" she hears the girls call her all at once, and immediately tears rush to fill her eyes to the brim and soon she begins sobbing.

 

"Unnie, don't cry..." hearing the maknae's voice after months brings more pain to her heart. 

 

"Jessica?" It is Taeyeon's voice. She is frozen in her position. 

 

Soon she hears someone choke on her cries, and the tears flow even more. "Taeyeon, are you crying?" Jessica asks, already bawling her eyes out. 

 

"That's Sunny," Taeyeon responds, but her voice cracks to reveal her own tears as well. 

 

"Yahh, bunny..." Jessica suddenly addresses the girl by her nickname, which sends most of the girls into tears, and the said girl starts wailing. 

 

"Sica, come back for goodness sake!" Sunny is almost screaming. Jessica makes unexplainable sounds as a respond to the former. 

 

"Taeyeon, you too..." she finally regains her voice although she is still panting from crying. 

 

The girls cry for a good five minutes until they soon begin to calm down. 

 

"I'm sorry Taeyeon," Jessica bites her lip, "I'm really sorry for failing you as you are the leader..." Jessica can say no more before tears start to fall again. 

 

"Jessica, I've long forgiven you," Taeyeon tries hard not to cry, but to no avail. 

 

A loud sniff is heard followed by bawling, and Jessica recognises its owner.

 

"Tiff?" Jessica starts out timidly. "Tiff, I'm sorry. Are you listening?" 

 

There is then a sudden switch of language. In English she continues, "I'm sorry for ditching you this way. I'm sorry for the huge fight we had that we didn't manage to clear up..." Jessica tries her best to seek forgiveness. 

 

Tiffany responds with louder sobs. "Ugh Jess I hate you!"

 

Jessica's heart breaks, not because she took the literal meaning of her words, but because of the situation they are in. 

 

"Steph, will you forgive me?" she pleads, in between her sobs. 

 

"Yes, Jessi, yes," Tiffany answers immediately as she tries to speak while crying, "I did a long time ago," she adds before the two cry even more. 

 

When they calm down again, Tiffany adds, "You need to make up your mind about what you are going to call me. Steph or Tiff, just choose one."

 

"I choose both," Jessica replies. 

 

"Jess, no," Tiffany replies in a straight tone which breaks them into peals of laughter. The seven others are left in confusion due to the language barrier. 

 

"Thank you guys," Jessica's heart is once again overwhelmed, "for contacting me," her voice is filled with gratitude. 

 

"We miss you very much," Hyoyeon is also crying. Jessica is surprised but does not take that feeling to importance.

 

"I miss you too," Jessica responds in tears. "I love you guys lots," she adds. All nine are crying once again.

 

They finally calm down after a long moment, and Sooyoung takes over the phone. 

 

"Sooyoung, I told you to text me," Jessica speaks in an accusing tone. 

 

"I did!" Sooyoung defends herself. "In fact, I was the first one," she pretends to pout. 

 

"I didn't mean by this," Jessica continues. 

 

"Is this how you are going to thank me? I'm sure you're glad I did this," Jessica smiles at Sooyoung's wit. 

 

They stay in silence for a moment, until Sooyoung decides to speak first. 

 

"We will meet soon right?" Sooyoung asks, with a tinge of hope audible in her voice.

 

Jessica nods, forgetting that she can't see her. "We just met, Soo," Jessica jokes. "Seriously though, I miss all of you so much."

 

"Miss you too," the sudden sound of Yoona's cheery voice surprises Jessica. 

 

"Love you Yoong!" Jessica cannot help but be cheered up by the bright voice.

 

"What about me?" Tiffany and Yuri's voice can now be heard, on top of Sooyoung's.

 

"Yul! Love you too," Jessica grins, the tears already dried up. " please, what is there to love about you," Jessica adds teasingly, addressing the other American. 

 

"Thanks ," Tiffany replies, sarcasm apparent in her tone, "I'm taking back my forgiveness."

 

"No Steph you know I didn't mean it," Jessica's reaction is quick. The two Americans laugh. 

 

"Not you, Soo," she giggles next. 

 

"Hey!" Sooyoung pouts. 

 

"Just kidding. You know I love you," Jessica purses her lips into a tight smile after she has said her line. 

 

Sooyoung cannot help but smile. "Love you Sica," she replies quietly. 

 

"Love you Soo," her heart flutters in joy. 

 

"Aww," she hears seven voices coo in sync. She guesses that the taller girl at the end of the line is starting to grow red. 

 

"Hyun! Why do you join them!" there is a sense of defeat in Sooyoung's tone. 

 

The said girl doesn't reply, but just giggles. 

 

"Bye Sica," she finally decides to end the call. 

 

"Wrong! It should be 'Bye love'!" Taeyeon's voice is next.

 

"Tae!" Jessica hisses at her then laughs. 

 

"Bye Soo," Jessica says, "See you soon."

 

"See you soon," Sooyoung replies before they end the call.

 


 

So this is the epilogue. I hope you liked this! I really loved writing this. Which reminds me I have to update always, the other ot9 about Jessica's issue. Sigh, I really miss the nine of them being together. Ugh. Sones come cry with me.