Prologue

A Better World

“No, I won’t take him to the company’s dinner. I don’t want to embarrass my self! Don’t you see?! He is idiot, Bokyung-ah!”

“Hyung, what does idiot mean?” Jongwoon asked as he sat on his brother’s lap.

“Watch your words, Kim Jaewon! He is your son and he is not idiot. He is.. He is just...”

“Idiot! He is idiot. He doesn’t understand what we say! He is too busy with his stupid world!”

Heechul covered his younger brother’s ears with his hands. He didn’t want him to hear the fighting between their parents about him. He stared down and saw a pair of brown orbs stared back in confusion.

“Hyung, why did you cover my ears? Woonie can’t hear.”

Heechul smiled as he tried to hold his tears but he failed. He kissed the top of his brother’s head affectionately, ignoring the shouts and cries outside the room. He only cared about the little kid with cute smile in his embrace who was now looking at him with innocent eyes. How could his father hate this pure kid?

“Hyung, your eyes are sweating.” The little kid touched the side of Heechul’s left eye, feeling the wetness on his tiny fingers. He looked fascinated with it.

“I am crying, Jongwoonie. What I am doing now is called crying.” Heechul grabbed Jongwoon’s hand and kissed the tip of his fingers. “You can cry when you are sad or happy.”

“Is hyung happy or sad?” Jongwoon tilted his head to the side.

A sob escaped from Heechul’s mouth and he hugged his younger brother tightly. Jongwoon immediately hugged him back and played with his hyung’s hair while humming a melody that Heechul didn’t know.

“Hyung… is happy as long as Jongwoon is with Hyung.” He caressed Jongwoon’s hair. “You will play with Hyung forever, right?”

Jongwoon stopped playing with his hyung’s hair and pulled himself off Heechul, making a space between them. He bit his nails nervously and glanced at Heechul who was smiling at him. He grinned and then nodded, making the older hugged him again, tighter than before.

“Yes. Hyung can join Woonie’s world. We can play together everyday.” Jongwoon said in childish tone.

“Will you let others to join your world? Appa and Omma maybe?”

Jongwoon burrowed his face into Heechul’s chest and shook his head, telling that he didn’t agree with his hyung’s suggestion. His world was special and only for special people.

“No, Appa said my world is stupid. I hate Appa but I don’t want  Appa to be alone so let Omma stays with him. Jongwoonie is fine with Heechul hyung only.”

Heechul sobbed harder. He cupped his brother’s cheeks and kissed his forehead with so much love, as much as he could give since their parents never give it to the 7 years old Jongwoon. His father hated his younger brother. Kim Jongwoon, his autistic son. Jongwoon had been diagnosed with ASD or Autism Spectrum Disorder since he was 2 years old. Eversince that day, things were getting harder for Kim family. Little Jongwoon didn’t listen to anyone and busy with his own world. He didn’t want to play with kids around his age. He ignored his parents and his hyung. He chose to play alone and didn’t let anyone come into his special world. With so much effort, Heechul could sneak into Jongwoon’s world and slowly break the barrier between them as brothers. Sadly, not with their parents, who decided to give up at taking care of Jongwoon and chose to fight or blame each other everyday.

Heechul tightened his hug and promised to himself that he will protect Jongwoon forever, his precious younger brother. After a few minutes of silence, Jongwoon said something which made Heechul chuckled.

“Hyung, I hate when you are crying. You make Woonie’s shirt wet.”

 


 

Short prologue to give you the view of the story hehe. Btw I used Yesung's mother real name but not with his father because the real yedad is just too lovely to be this bad xD