Chapter 2-First contact

Forever and always in love with you (on hiatus, trying to finish off the whole story as i've left it this long. Sorry for the VERY late updates :-(

Hey readers just a heads up the sentences which are written in italic like this will be your thoughts and the speeches with * before and after them means they are in korean. Enjoy.

 

 

‘Man am I tired,’ I thought as I stretched my arms up in the air as if trying to touch the sky above me but not quite reaching.

I was walking, more like trudging, down a street after finishing my lessons at university. I’ve been here a week now but I still don’t know any good places for me to stay and relax for a while, so I decided to wander the streets a bit. Even though I was tired I lugged my backpack onto my back, stood up tall and wandered off to wherever my legs were going to take me. My legs grew more and more tired as I walked, getting heavier and heavier with each step I took. I needed a place to relax and fast.

After a while I decided to call Holly and Chloe as I didn’t really want to be on my own. I’m still not used to living here. I took out my phone from my front right pocket of my jeans. I wasn’t holding onto it properly and nearly dropped it. But as it slid out of my right hand I went to grab it, clinging on tight so to not let it slip out of my death like grip. I looked at my contacts and thought who I should call. I decided that they both were probably together so it didn’t matter whoever I called. I scrolled down my contact list and decided to call Chloe as her name was first.

After a few times ringing she answered.

“Hello?”

“Hi Chloe it’s me ___. Do you want to walk around the streets with me to find a nice place for us to hang out?”

“Sorry I can’t Holly and I both have the assignments to do from our class which you’ve already done.”

“I told you two not to leave it to the last minute,” I say to them rolling my eyes and shaking my head as if they could see me.

“We know miss show off. You go and find a nice place for us and we can go there together later okay?”

“Alright,” I said and ended the conversation.

I get to the end of the street and round the corner when I saw a nice café. It was a bit small but gave off an elegant feel. The building was creamy beige in colour whilst the windows and front door of the café were white. There were a couple of tables in front with chairs surrounding them. I looked at each table but there was no one there.

Hmmm maybe there are people inside,’ I thought.

I looked up at the sign that protruded out of the café wall. It showed me the name of the café ___.

Hmm, not bad.

I opened the front door and stepped inside allowing the door to close behind me. I looked around the inside of the café.  It gave off an elegant but subtle feel. The walls were painted beige, like the outside, and the tables and chairs were of dark brown/black wood. The tables were placed all over and around the café to give off a more random feel than in constant rows most cafés would do. This made the café feel more comforting. The floor was left bare, with just simple wooden floorboards to finish off the subtle look. The billboard that showed what you could buy wasn’t as simple/subtle though. Instead it gave off a more cute feeling. With cute pictures next to the words, which were also of different colours, of the products for sale at the café. The waitresses/waiters all were simple/smart suits consisting of a plain white shirt and black trousers completed with an apron of, which looked like, their choice. The aromas and sounds of the café enticed me. I could smell the strong yet sweet coffee as it was being made and could hear the blending of ingredients as they whirled into an array of colours to produce the lovely smell of a smoothie. I could even smell some cookies being baked in the kitchen coming through the door behind the counter. My mind swirled around, blown away as my senses were aroused by the things around me. The café itself wasn’t too crowded, just a few people here and there.

My sort of café.’

I’ve never liked being in places that were crowded as I felt that I was either rushed or I felt uncomfortable, so I always preferred going to these types of places. I walk over to the assistant standing behind the counter.

*“Welcome,”* the assistant smiled to me.

*“Hello, it’s a nice place you’ve got here,”* I smiled back.

*“Yes most of our customers like it here so they come here often.”*

*“I wouldn’t blame them. I probably will do as well from now on.”*

We both smiled to each other.

*“So, what would you like?”*

*“Hmm…. can I have some strawberry milkshake to go please.”*

*“Sure thing that’s 1,300 won, if you’d please take a seat somewhere I’ll call you when it’s made,”* the assistant explains.

I let my backpack slide off my arms and onto the floor making a slight thud as it hit the ground. I ped my backpack and dove deep inside it as I hunted for my purse. Finally I found it right at the bottom.

Typical,’ I thought.

I hauled out my purse from underneath my books, pencil case etc and took out the amount of cash need to pay the assistant.

*“Thank you.”* The assistant said bowing her head slightly.

I bowed slightly back in response.

I placed my purse back into my backpack, zipped it up and lifted it up and onto my right shoulder. I turned around to face the area in front of me. I decided I wanted to sit at a table near the counter so I can hear my order being called but not near a window as I’d feel uncomfortable if people stare in at me through them. I scanned the café to find a good spot when my eyes landed on someone. He looked quite familiar but I couldn’t put my finger on it. The anxiety was killing me so I decided to sit at the table opposite him.

When I walked over to the table opposite I slyly glanced over in his direction to see his face.

Omg is that Woohyun-ssi?!’

Instead of sitting at the table I decided against it. Curiosity really got to me. I wanted to know if it really was Woohyun. I stood there for a few moments considering whether or not I should go up to this familiar person to find out if it really was him. After much consideration I decided to walk up to him. Each step I took closer towards him my heart would beat louder and faster. He was only a mere few feet away but felt like it was taking a century to get to him. Finally I reached him and bent down so that my face was level with his.

* “Woohyun-ssi?”* I whispered with a shaky voice near his left ear.

In an automatic response he lifted his head up. I knew then and there that it was indeed Woohyun. He looked a bit confused at first, probably thinking how could a foreigner know his name, but then he started to scan the cafe with a worried look on his face.

*“Hi I’m ___. I’m a fan of yours. You don’t have to worry as none of your other fans know you’re here. I haven’t told anyone,”* I explained to him.

I could see that he started to calm down as I saw his shoulders relax as they slowly dropped down and he breathed out gently. He seemed quite happily surprised that I could speak Korean.

*“What are you doing here? Are you here to relax and have some free time?”* I asked.

*“Yeah.”*

I hear my order being called interrupting our conversation.

Damn it.’

*“Okay. Well it was nice to meet you, I’m sorry but I have to end our conversation and go now. I hope you enjoy yourself and you are okay and make sure you don’t push yourself too hard. Okay? Fighting! Bye.”*

I start to walk away from Woohyun and towards the counter.

*“Wait aren’t you going to ask for an autograph or picture?”* Woohyun asked stopping me.

*“Not really. Even though I am a fan, just meeting you here in person, face to face is enough for me,”* I smile at him.

He looked a bit confused, like he’s not used to that sort of response from a fan. His eyes furrowed as if he was trying to figure out my intentions or he was literally just confused.

*“Oh, okay, bye.”*

*“Bye.”*

……

*Back at the flats*

“What took you so long?” Holly said to me when I walked through the front door, taking off my shoes. Chloe was glaring in my direction from the kitchen.

“Sorry I just lost track of time a bit,” I say blushing as I thought of my encounter with Woohyun.

“That’s not like you and why are you blushing?”

“Huh?...Oh nothing.” I bolted to my room and closed the door behind me. I wanted to escape them before they could ask anything else. I didn’t want them to know about my meeting Woohyun. It’s not like we’re going to see each other again but I want to keep it a secret only I can remember. I placed my backpack on the floor, walked over to my bed and flopped onto it. I thought again about meeting Woohyun and smiled whilst shoving my head into the pillow from happiness.