We Dance and We Love

We Dance and We Love

“So this is all for today. Get some rest and have a nice weekend, everyone.” The dance instructor left the practice room, followed one by one by the rest of the members.

Lay sat still in the room. He tried to remember the last movement in which he always got falsely while seeing others left and handed him a good night wave. There were only him, Sehun, and Chen left.

“Aren’t you guys coming to dorm, like, right now?” asked Chen, stood there with bag hanging on his left shoulder.

“Yeah. Yeah, soon.” Answered Sehun. He looked at Lay who now wrapped his knees with his arms, sat quietly as if he was sleeping at the corner of the room, or he really was.

Chen looked at the same coordinate with what the maknae sees. He mouthed a silent good bye to the younger and left the room first, leaving Sehun and Lay in the room alone.

Sehun turned his body to meet Lay, but stopped in the middle of his way when he heard some sniffing sound, coming from the older. His eyebrows furrowed.

“Hyung?” Sehun asked carefully. Didn’t get any answer, he came closer then sat right next to Lay. Lay was quietly crying. And Sehun just sat there, waiting for Lay to be eased.

It is a common thing, to see members crying alone, or silently wiping tears during practice, or finding them lost too long for restroom break for they are crying inside the cubicle before coming back to practice room. It had been hard for them but no one would say it out loud. Only tears could express their tiresome or their homesickness or whatever bad happened to them. So, finding Lay here was crying quietly didn’t surprise Sehun anyway. He was just waiting patiently to say what Lay needed to hear or hear whatever Lay would say later after he finished crying.

After some minutes, Lay finally lifted his head. He seemed surprised to see Sehun was still there, looking directly at him and gave him a big playful smile he always had on his face.

“Hey, hyung.” Greeted Sehun with a wide grin.

Lay wiped his cheeks with the back of his hand. “I thought you already leave.”

“No.” Sehun smiled. “So- do you have anything you want to tell me? You know, maybe- just in case.” Oh Sehun, the master of mumbling random things had succeeded to make Lay smiled a little. That stupid smile of Sehun’s couldn’t leave his face. Sehun extended his hand and helped Lay to wipe the tears left on his cheek gently.

“It’s the new choreography. I just can’t get the right feel. And I-“ Lay seemed to doubt what he would say.

“Spit it out.” Asked Sehun, sounded more like a demand.

“I’m jealous of Jongin a bit.” Lay answered, didn’t meet Sehun’s eyes while saying. “Just a little bit.” He sounded like he tried to convince Sehun which didn’t need any. He rolled his eyes then looked at Sehun. “Become the second on dancing is such a burden you know? Sometimes I just forget that I love dancing because most of the time I try to compete with Jongin. People compare us a lot. Instead of enjoying my movement, I’d rather try to master things up, more than Jongin. And why do I want to convince everyone that I’m good? That’s unnecessary, right? Silly me.” When Sehun said to spit it out, Sehun didn’t expect Lay to say this much. This hyung barely told everyone what he feels. He was quite silent and composed almost all the time.

Covered up his surprised face, Sehun smiled again, moved closer to Lay then embraced him with a warm hug. “You’re good, hyung. You don’t need to convince anyone and hurt your feeling anymore.”

“I know. Right.” Lay whispered weakly, hugged the younger back, feeling the warmth of the taller boy’s body. He felt at ease finally. He just too stressed these days that he must say things like before to someone, instead of letting his heart aching alone without no one knowing what he thinks and feels.

Sehun released their hug first then looked at Lay’s eyes in a close distance. He smiled yet his eyes looked teary. “People did not even notice that I’m in charge of dance too sometimes. And it’s okay.”

Hearing that, Lay felt like some cold wind swayed his heart. The fact that Sehun felt the same as him and the fact that what Sehun had said, that no one noticed his feeling, even Lay himself, was true is somehow hurting him. He quickly pulled Sehun into a tighter hug than before. “I’m sorry.”

Sehun laughed lightly between their hug. “It’s okay, it’s love.” Sehun tried to joke.

“That’s Kyungsoo’s drama.” Sehun could feel Lay’s smile in his words without even looking. They maintained the hug.

“And love me right.”

“That’s our song.” Lay chuckled.

“And I love you.”

“I love you too. And the others too.”

“And the others too.” Echoed Sehun.

So that was how they spent the weekend together. Also that is how their love towards each other grows bigger every single day.