Jump

Will you jump?

‘Will you jump?’
From the highest bridges, roofs, cliffs, down the abyss, in a way, that you could fly like a bird, even though you got no wings.
‘Will you jump?’
To feel the adrenaline and freedom, when you’re getting closer with blistering pace to the end of your road - life.
‘Will you jump?’
Because I want that it could be only us, for once. I want to be proud of you.
Jump with me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Forget about it’ says Hyuna, her voice confident as never, Gayoon only sighs nervously and decides to go to the kitchen. She has to cool off after a day, that as always didn’t bring anything that could cause her face to smile and bring back some sense into her life. It’s stupid and childish, but she got enough of it all.

Million of eyes are observing me, but I am still in rapture over yours.

When she comes back to the living room again, Hyuna’s back faces the door, but she shudders and Gayoon knows that she cries. , she herself can’t even admit she falls by the wayside. All is so ing complicated and even if it doesn’t look like it - it’s difficult. It’s not easy to live this way - it’s not easy to live ulteriorly.
‘They aren’t even interested in what we have to say’ Hyuna sobs, Gayoon sits next to her and embraces younger girl with her slender arms.
‘But thanks to them we exist as a group’ says Gayoon, but latter straightaway cuts her off:
‘No, Gayoon! I got enough of it! If our job is still gonna look like it does right now, I quit, understand?!’
Older girl loses her temper. She was calm - until now, because now she just can’t stand it.
‘Hyuna, baby, I know it’s difficult, but we can make it’ she says confident, but she doesn’t believe in her own words. She’s exhausted - she’s a warb, her own emaciated shadow, and if it’s not enough she recently uses drugs and kills herself. Hyuna is sure, that one day they both gonna lose their minds.
‘We won’t, Gayoon.’ the latter whispers as quiet as she can. Her heart died long time ago - the only reason it beat, beats and always will is Gayoon. Unfortunately, during all of the time they’re  being separated from each other, so how can they function well?
‘Sometimes I wanna kill myself, you know? I think about it every evening, when you close your eyes and I open mine as I can’t sleep. Do you know what is the feeling when you’re sure that only death can make you alive?’ Younger girl almost screams, Gayoon with her eyes watered holds Hyuna’s hands close to her face and places kisses on her thin wrists. Her lips reaching every single scar, that could be found on her little hero’s skin.
Gayoon knew her girlfriend had cut herself, even though it was long time ago, they can’t forget about this. They’re weak, exhausted, in love.
She wanted to help her, to stop her from cutting, but she couldn’t, since she was deeply depressed as well. Living with awareness that the person you love is doing so horrible things to herself is hellacious and Gayoon couldn’t take it anymore.
‘I want us to think only about US one day. Only us - you and me. Yes, we could do anything we want to, not worrying about consequences.’
‘What do you mean?’ Asks Heo, placing her head on her lover’s shoulder.
But Hyuna remains silent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the evening, as always, they go out for a walk. Only when the sun goes down they can be together, just to enjoy being near each other. They hold hands and walk along the bridge, where others aren’t paying attention to the couple. Hyuna is smiling as she looks down at the torrential river.
She feels soaring, real freedom under her feet. Gayoon quickly notices how the younger girl acts weird, so she pulls her into her arms, thanks to that she can inhale Hyuna’s scent. She smells originally, so the latter is sure she didn’t mix her up with anyone else on this world.

When the lights turn off and finally it became silent, we can enjoy our love.

‘I love you’ she tenderly confesses her feelings as they stop before the park’s entrance, Gayoon’s holding her tight in her arms, as Hyuna is her biggest treasure, only one desire and possibility for better start.
‘I love you too’ she answers short, but her voice saturated with love. She shivers when older girl places lips on her neck, then wraps her arms around her waist and rests chin on the curve of Hyuna’s neck.
‘Would you do anything for me?’ Hyuna asks with stoical calm, her brown eyes shining under weak lantern’s light more than usual.
‘Of course, you know it’ Gayoon gives quick response, not thinking about it for a second.
Hyuna kisses her for the last time and interweaves their fingers together, so they can continue the walk. Her heart jumping from happiness, when they reach one of favorite places, where they just sit and talk. Like everything’s so simple.
But this time, they remained silent.
‘I want to die.’
‘I want to be happy.’
‘I want to be finally free.’

Who could think that when Gayoon put her thoughts together, it creates quite new picture of their happy end. Just as in fairy-tales, if we won’t take on board the death that Hyuna really wanted.

We can’t buy freedom with money.

Younger girl’s words still on Gayoon’s mind, she can’t do anything with it, but agree it’s the best from worst ways out. She paints her thoughts, when Hyuna suddenly knocks her brush out with her smile. Gayoon thinks that she’s nuts, but Hyuna just fall on the ground and cries.
But those tears are good and Gayoon knows it, because younger girl smiles in this moment from happiness, that fills her heart seeminlgy. She pulls her by the collar of leather, which make the latter fall from the bench and now Gayoon is lying next to her.
Hyuna turns around and now she’s on her left side as she’s on soft cloud, Gayoon can’t look away finding her girlfriend so slim and beautiful. They look at each other and then again burst out laughing, just like it has deeper meaning in it.
‘Let’s jump’ says Hyuna with smile, Gayoon laughing powerlessly.
‘Where from?’ Unknown feeling blocking its way by nerves through brain, which takes all her energy to think.
‘I don’t know’ younger girl answers. ‘From bridge, roof, whatever’ she explains laxly, giggling and chocking with her own helplessness.
‘What for?’ Gayoon snorts.
Hyuna shrugs and stands up to go home, fall asleep by her lover’s side and go back to the reality.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyuna acts different this day and Gayoon noticed it in the morning, when she picked up the phone and calmly spoke with manager. She’s not arguing, her voice not expressing any emotions.
Gayoon starts to be suspicious, when after appearing on practices for next stages. Hyuna said goodbye to the crew as they won’t meet again.
Then, Jiyoon asks whole group to stay at her place and celebrate new chapter in their life.They all agree, even Hyuna, who mostly prefer spending time only with her girlfriend.
She acts like she’ll be gone and won’t see them again.
‘Let’s play video games’ Jiyoon says.
‘Again your ty video games’ Jihyun rolls her eyes.
‘You say that, because you never win, especially when you play with me’ Jiyoon giggles loud. At the same time, Sohyun shows up with popcorn and some DVDs.
‘I thought we’ll watch films’ she says annoyed that girls didn’t even plan it.
‘Oh! I would like to watch ‘Love Actually’’ Gayoon came up with idea, that made Hyuna smile - they always watch this movie. Together.
‘Sorry, but we prefer less ty movies.’ Jihyun answers, probably pretty tired, since she usually doesn’t swear. Gayoon acts like she’s offended and hugs her. In her eyes she could see points shining as they’re an emerald. Gayoon is sure, that something’s wrong. But what?
‘Jiyoon! We’ll teach my waste-of-space how to play video games!’ Hyuna screams and the latter can’t hold her laughter anymore. 
It’s fun, and that’s what the girls missed.
‘But at the very least, I can dance’ Gayoon mumbles in response, and everyone laugh hard.
‘Sorry, Gayoon, but...’ Sohyun can’t not say it.
It seems like beforetime.
Later, when the evening ends, Hyuna says goodbye to the girls by hugging them tight. Gayoon smiles at it even though she knows, something’s changing. She says tender goodbye as well, she can smell ending another chapter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘I jump.’
I don’t feel anything, but freedom.
‘I jump.’
Let’s fly together, air slipping on our freezing cheeks.
‘I jump.’
I’m leaving my all to you.
You should be proud.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyuna lightens up, when they go upstairs and Gayoon is sure they’re going to their apartment. But youger girl passes the door and goes further, walking by stairs on the rooftop. Gayoon starts to shudder, but her girlfriend smiles at her and squeezes her hand as she’s the last resort.
As Hyuna helps the latter go out on the roof, their bodies are refreshed by wind, that in this season is better than usually. Dead silent filling the air, but still the couple is not worried about it.
Hyuna is acting like life has been infused in her.
Then they come close enough to the edge to make Gayoon really worried. She looks at her girlfriend, who now broke necklace she bought her with whole strength. Small item falls from 11th floor as it’s light quill, giving Gayoon chills.
‘We won’t be a cowards’ Hyuna says again so confident and now, Gayoon finally understands.
She really wants end her life.
Gayoon almost doesn’t believe. It may be because of her smile still being on her pale face, it seems ridiculous after what she said.
‘Even for once, we won’t be a cowards’ she repeats, her right hand reaching pocket of her jeans. She pulls out joint and lift it up, suddenly inhaling with this brain-washer. She inhales with its smell, that now reaches her heart making it beating faster. She shares with her girlfriend.
‘Will you jump?’ Asks Hyuna.
And Gayoon doesn’t refuse.
She doesn’t.
She couldn’t after the latter’s way of looking at her, she never gave her such a glance. Never ever. Her entrancing look turned into urge and she’s sure that she can’t refuse.
They get closer to each other, kissing so passionately like they just started , so hot, as they needed. Gayoon again shudders, Hyuna almost stifling her with greed.
Then they just broke the kiss.
‘I ing love you!’ screams Hyuna from the top of her lungs, her scream breaking the silence filling empty streets of Seoul.
She tooks hand of Gayoon and look her in the eyes for the last time.
‘Are you sure about it?’ She asks.
Gayoon nods, end of her shoes crumbling building’s daub, that falls into the dark, empty space.
They didn’t think about who they’re leaving, but what they can gain.
Freedom.and we can gain it only by death.
Gayoon immediately slips off the rooftop and Hyuna falls with her. Wind hitting them as it tries to teach them impossible art of flying.
The’re falling, holding each others hands, their heart beating incredibly fast, because they’re both aware of the fact, that promises ’we made it’ will be broken with the hit on the ground.

They’re feeling free, so ing free and fulfilled, that nothing, even decisions beyond their wildest dreams are not going to take it away from them, when the air is slipping between their fingers, they’re still falling.
The feeling is incredible, they can relish with freedom, choke with it, and even die for it.
Only them.
Hyuna and Gayoon.
They’re not even scared. It’s cold, they don’t know what’s happening and what it leads to, but they feel freedom on their freezing cheeks and they want to enjoy it.
Their hands get separated, Gayoon hits the ground first, Hyuna does just after her, not feeling humiliation, shame or fear.
Is this how freedom looks like?
Every feelings leave them forever from now, which let them know things changed.
Maybe in another life they’ll got to know happiness.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘I jumped.’
Are you proud now?