Two

Day & Night

Chapter Two


 

The day was beginning to turn dark and her workers were sweeping up the place and cleaning the tables. Today wasn't too busy, so cleanup was quick. She let her workers get off work as she cleaned the place up herself. Once she finished, Jiwoo locked the place up and got into her car. She drove back to her apartment and parked her car, then waited for the elevator. She heard footsteps and voices growing louder and she looked around the parking lot, seeing the group of guys that were in her coffee shop earlier. 

 

"Hey, aren't you the guy that was in my coffee shop earlier?" she asked and he nodded.

"Yep."

"You live here?" she asked, "I haven't seen you around before."

"Oh, we just moved in."

She smiled, "I'm Jiwoo."

"Sangbae," he said and then the others introduced themselves.

The elevator door opened and they all got in. Jiwoo's body was pressed against Sangbae's because more people got in as the elevator went up. She apologized and he shook his head.

"I should be the one apologizing," he chuckled. 

She laughed, "So, you're all living together?"

"Yes, we are."

"Wow, that's crazy," she said. 

 

The elevator door opened and the guys walked out. Jiwoo followed and then cocked an eyebrow.

 

"You guys live on this floor too?"

"Yeah," Kyongtak replied, "Apartment number 1001."

"Wow, I'm right across. 1002."

"We're actually neighbours," Juhyeon grinned.

"Wow," she chuckled, "I'll invite you guys over for dinner one day."

Jonghwa grinned, "We'll be looking forward to it."

Sangbae hit the back of his head, "You sound like a creep."

Jiwoo giggled, "You guys must be best friends."

"Yeah, we're like brothers," Kyongtak responded.

They arrived to their apartment and she smiled, "I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow. Goodnight."

"Night!" they said in unison before entering into their apartment.

 

Jiwoo closed the door and then placed her keys on the shelf. She took off her jacket and then saw Hyunwoo stepping out of his room. He walked to the living room and gave her a stern look. 

 

"What?" she asked, confused by his expression. 

"They don't look safe," he responded, "I've seen one of them before."

"Where? On the street?"

He shook his head, "At an event that I attended in the past."

"How are you so sure?"

"You know how well I remember people's faces."

"Do a background check on him then," she grumbled, "If you don't find anything, leave them alone. Don't waste your time on civilians."

He nodded and then walked past her, "I'm leaving now. I'll call you when the meeting is over."

"Alright," she said, watching him leave.

 

Jiwoo locked the door and then walked to the bathroom. The hot water hit her skin and she stood still, thinking about the guys she just met. Hyunwoo always looked out for her and did background checks on her friends to make sure they weren't spies. Ever since she returned from Hong Kong, Hyunwoo made sure her files in Hong Kong were destroyed so that nobody in Korea would find out who she was affiliated with and who she really was. Her background had to be squeaky clean. 

 

"If these guys are gang members," she mumbled to herself, "What will I do to them?"

 

Jiwoo sat on her sofa and stared at the television. Her mind was filled with thoughts that just wouldn't leave her alone. She closed her eyes and leaned back against the sofa, then opened them and stared up at the ceiling. 

 

 

Sangbae was in his room and thought about the man who left Jiwoo's apartment. He wondered what their relationship was and why she was with a gang leader. He could perhaps be her brother or boyfriend. She can't be affiliated with gangs because if she was, she wouldn't be living alone. It would be way too dangerous for her. 

 

"Still thinking about her, hyung?" Daewon asked.

"Did you guys find out who he is?" 

Daewon nodded, "Yeah, we just got it."

 

Sangbae stood up and followed Daewon to his room. He looked at the screen and growled. 

 

"So, it really is Hyunwoo."

"I wonder how she knows him."

"They're probably siblings," Juhyeon suggested, "No one knows Hyunwoo's last name, so he could be her brother."