Only To You

Only To You

"Still no, Kei," his father looked at him in the eyes. "You disappointed me. And I really can't believe that you chose to be an artist and you're not even good! What will you get from that? If you chose to help me in our business, you'll have a better future." 

 

"But dad, I'm happy with what I chose," he reasoned. 

 

"Go out," his father said in a hard tone. 

 

"Dad why can't you accept this? I'm still your son even if I disappointed you. I'm happy with what I'm doing and I'm really doing well! Haven't you seen me on--"

 

"Get out!" 

 

He sighed. "Sorry, dad. But I'm not giving up." 

 

He bowed his head slightly and went out of his father's office. 

 

 


"Kei! You're really doing a great job," Daiki laughed. "I bet you'll try harder to bring out your best next concert." 

 

Kei nodded and drank the juice in front of him. He'll try harder. He'll impress his father. 

 

"And some of our choreographers are telling that you're really improving," Hikaru commented. 

 

"Yeah! And aside from that," Yuya clapped "Congratulations to your boyfriend for having a new drama!" 

 

He faked a smile. He's really feeling down but he must be there. They are there to celebrate Kota's success."Congrats, Kota." 

 

Kota grinned. "Thank you guys!" 

 

They ate the foods Kota payed for and talked about random things. Everybody seem cheerful, even Kei. 

 

After two hours, Daiki left. The four of them continued talking. And then Yuya left followed by Hikaru. 

 

When the two of them were the only ones left, Kota placed an arm around Kei's shoulders. His boyfriend isn't that sweet because he doesn't like PDA that much. But whenever there's only the two of them, his boyfriend becomes sweet. The older whispered, "Tell me." 

 

"Dad is still not okay with it," he whispered back. 

 

"You don't have to pretend that you're okay when you're in front of me, Kei. I know you're having a hard time," Kota sighed. "You know you can cry." 

 

He moved away and looked at the older. "You know I don't cry." 

 

Kota is the only one who knew about his problem. He's tired of being rejected by his father because he chose to follow his dream instead of what his dad wanted. Why is he rejecting him, anyway? Because his father wanted him to become someone he doesn't want to be? 

 

He wanted to cry but he just couldn't even though his chest feels like tearing apart. Maybe because he's used to keeping his feelings inside him. When he was a child, he seldom cries because his parents taught him that whenever a guy cries, he's being a coward. They told him that a courageous guy is someone who tries to do better instead of crying. 

 

When he grew up, he knew it wasn't being brave. He's actually being a coward. He's afraid that someone might see his weak side. He never showed anyone his weak side--the side who cries and gives up. Everyone sees him as someone with a strong personality. 

 

"You don't cry," Kota agreed. "But the real Kei does." 

 

He laughed but tears fell from his eyes. "I don't know what to do anymore. I'm doing my best, right?" He wiped his tears. "I really hate being this weak!" 

 

Kota is the only one who sees this side of him. The side who cries. 

 

Kota smiled and kissed his forehead. "It's okay. For me, this side of yours is the bravest." 

 


 

It was already 12 midnight. Kei sat down the floor after practicing alone for their concert tomorrow. He's really tired but he still wants to go on. He believes that he could never get something without working hard. He wants his father to see that he's a great artist. That's why he's really pushing himself. 

 

"Don't push yourself too hard, Kei." 

 

He was startled by the voice. He thought he's the only one left in the building. He turned around and saw Kota standing at the doorway. 

 

"I thought you already went home." He tilted his head and looked at the older. 

 

"And I thought you also went home." 

 

Kota walked near him. The older's face is somewhat lonely and he doesn't know why. "Kei..." 

 

"What?" He asked. 

 

"What you're doing isn't good. Your health might be affected." 

 

He smiled and stood up. Then, he faced the older. "I'll be okay."

 

Kota shook his head and placed an arm around Kei's shoulders. Kota also was the one who picked up Kei's bag. Then, the two of them went out of the building. 

 

"What are you doing here, anyway?" Kei asked as they entered Kota's car. 

 

"I'm checking if you're still there. I went to your house but you weren't there."

 

Kota closed the door but didn't start the car. Kei looked at his boyfriend with a confused look. "Kota?" 

 

Kota faced him. "Kei, do you believe in luck?" 

 

"Of course not," he immediately answered even if he's confused. "We can't rely on luck." 

 

"Kei don't you think that sometimes, relying on luck is actually like relying on a miracle?" The older smiled. "Don't you think that there are actually things that you can get by just believing on miracles?"

 

He stared at the older. 'Luck? Miracles?' 

 

"Kei, for just a single time, can you not push yourself and just rely on miracles?" 

 

 


Kei stared at all the fans watching them. He felt his heart clench because of a feeling he missed--happiness. He glanced at Kota who's beside him and saw that his boyfriend is secretly glancing at him too. 

 

He squished his boyfriend's hand. Then he whispered, "Thank you." 

 

This time, he decided that he'll leave things to miracles. This concert, he won't do his best to impress his father. He'll do his best to make the fans enjoy. And he'll enjoy too. 

 

Kota made him realize that up to now, he's still a coward.  Because he's afraid to let time fix everything. He always wanted things to be sure. He didn't know that there are really things that you can't fix on your own. And now, Kota gave him the courage to believe in unsure things. And he trusts Kota because the older knows about his other face, the one he doesn't show to anyone.