Chapter 2 || 11:31 PM ♡

Flight Delay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
// 11:41 PM - Departing Los Angeles to Narita, Japan // “We apologize for the slight delay travelers. Thank you for choosing to fly with us tonight. Our flight duration time is going to be about twelve hours so make yourselves comfortable. We will be walking around serving airline snacks as well as dinner and beverages. We will also be arriving in Narita, Japan around midnight tomorrow.” The flight attendant says through the airplane speakers. I let out a sigh before mumbling to myself Slight delay my , it was almost half an hour late. “You’re going home to visit family right?” Asks the old lady sitting beside me smiling warmly. “Actually, I just visited my family, well my grandma and a few friends here in the states. I’m going back to Korea to be with my family for Christmas.” I smile. “Oh I see! So are you Korean?” I smile nodding. “How long did you visit in the states?” “I came to surprise my grandparents before Christmas for a month. I would’ve stayed longer, but my parents wanted me home with them for Christmas.” I shrug as memories start to cloud my mind from my month long vacation in Los Angeles, the place that was once my hometown back and forth from there and Korea. “Did you visit family in the States or are you going home to visit?” I ask. “I’m going back home to be visit my family in Korea, but I don’t think I’ll be exactly seeing them like I had hoped…” My lips curve into a frown. “Why not?” I ask. “You didn’t hear? There’s a winter storm in Asia right now that’s why there will be a layover in Japan instead of a nonstop flight to Korea.” She sighs. “Wait, cancelled or delayed?” I blink. “Flight delays, departing and arrival flights.” I break into a nervous sweat, thinking about my family and how I’ll get home in time for Christmas. “Do you know how long the delays will be?” I ask, sounding as if there was still good news. “Well, let’s just say most of us will be spending Christmas at the airport.”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter