Give Thanks [ChanBaek]

"We Are One!"

Title: Give Thanks
Pairing: ChanBaek/BaekYeol
Warning/s: this was supposed to just be a prompt but then it turned into a drabble and idk how it went. heh heh will edit when i have time. enjoy!

 

 

 

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun do almost everything together; they eat together, they live together, they even shower together sometimes (but only when they don't have a choice, like when the landlord alerted them about the water running low and they had to save water, or like when someone's late for work already, or when the other one's sick. otherwise, they're just too shy to ask each other if they could do it all the time). They're best friends, but they argue all the time. They argue over the simplest of things, like who’s in charge of who in the house, what to buy when they go grocery shopping, and why the chore wheel keeps disappearing. One thing they don't do, though, is go to bed still mad at each other.

 

 

As they lounge on the living room chair one day, Baekhyun finds something online that could help their quarrels. He suggests it to Chanyeol who, upon reading the article himself, agrees that it would be a great idea.

They start drafting their letters and putting them in the designated places in the house.

 

(Baekhyun tells Chanyeol to put it in his sock drawer.)

(Chanyeol tells Baek to put it in the cupboard by the kitchen.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

One day, they have this really huge dispute that led to the most heated argument they’ve ever had, causing them to eat dinner separately and going to bed without saying a word to one another. When the sun rises the next day, they decide to talk about their problem but end up arguing again and both of them find themselves storming off to their respective corners of their home.

 

Baekhyun always goes to his bedroom, slamming the door hard enough to make Chanyeol believe that its hinges would fly off.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, always stays in the dining room, always preferring to stay seated by the dining table whenever they have huge fights like these.

 

 

After blowing some of the steam off by screaming, shouting, and crying, both of them decide that it was the perfect time to open the letters they made for each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Things I am thankful for"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun opens the letter and finds himself amazed by how many things Chanyeol was thankful for. The three pages of the letter were enough to make Baekhyun’s anger vanish into thin air without him even reading it. When he sees Chanyeol’s scribbling filling up both sides of the pages, he knew it was going to be a long read.

 

 

 

Chanyeol starts reading off of Baekhyun’s list after a full three minutes of appreciating how beautiful the latter’s handwriting was. His anger had already subsided and as he keeps reading, he starts to forget what their fight was all about. He almost finishes the letter when a huge paragraph on the bottom of the last page catches his eye. It was the longest of all the items Baekhyun put on the list so Chanyeol thinks it would be worth the read.

 

"I'm always thankful for the clumsy, awkward giant I live with. I'm always thankful for Chanyeol because when I look at him, I know that I wouldn't ever have to be alone anymore. No one understands me more than he does and I'm thankful that he's accepted everything I am until now. He said that even if we've both changed so much, the one thing that never changed was what I meant to him. I'm always thankful for him because he tells me that no matter what happens, he's gonna stay right here by my side. I’m always thankful for Park Chanyeol because he gives me a reason to get up from my bed each morning with a smile on my face. Because when he smiles his eye twitches a little which makes him look a little creepy and it always makes me smile back as well. Because when he looks at me, I know that I'll always have someone who would care for me and would support me in whatever I do. Because whenever we're together, I always feel my heart beating fast and sometimes i can't breathe, because he always takes my breath away.

I'm always thankful for Chanyeol because I know the love of my life's already with me each and every day."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun takes his time admiring and imagining what Chanyeol was thinking about when he wrote the letter. His eyes start reading the first lines of the last statement and his jaw starts to drop.

 

"I'm thankful for the angel sent here from above to become my best friend and take care of me because I'm such a clutz. I've always been thankful for Baekhyun because even though I'm a lot lazier than he is, he still puts up with me and has never even threatened me that he’d leave. I've always been thankful for him because when he sings, it's like everything becomes perfect, and all my problems are gone. I've always been thankful for Byun Baekhyun because when he holds my hand and tells me everything's gonna be alright, I actually believe him. Because when he promises something to me, he always makes sure to fulfill it. Because when I get up too early in the morning, not going back to sleep becomes worth it when I see him making his way to the kitchen in his bed hair, making my heart skip beats. Because when I think of everything I've been through in my life, I realize that he's never left my side.

I've always been thankful for Baekhyun because I know in my heart that he's the only one I'd want to spend the rest of my life with."

 

 

 

 

 

 

Needless to say, their arguments have been reduced to which restaurant to go to and what movie to watch on date night; they now share only one bedroom; and showering together became a daily thing (maybe more than once or twice a day but surely daily).

 

 

 

 

 

/end.