Tears

Tears
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I sat next to her bed looking at her beautiful, gorgeous pale face. She looked like an angel; I guess she is an angel, to me. Her chest moved up and down as she breathes.

 

The movement was in sync, never a second late or a second fast. I could tell she is dreaming something extremely beautiful.



 

I pulled her hand up gently and placed them on my cheek. The feeling was nice, but somehow it seemed so different than before. Her hand felt slightly cold at times, as if the warmth of her body is battling with coldness of the surrounding for dominance which the latter won at times. Thus, the lingering coldness. But her hands are as soft and beautiful as ever that I never want to let go.

 

Never.


 

I gazed at her peaceful face again, and noticed a stranded hair on her temple. I took the hair and carefully tucked it behind her ear, so she wouldn’t wake. Though seeing her eyes is one of my wishes since the day she decided to close it, since the day she decided to not look into my eyes anymore.

 

But of course it was never her fault for what happened.


 

It has been almost two years and 3 months since she slept, never waking up even once. I’ve been counting the numbers of the days, the ing days. Month by month, week by week, day by day, hour by hour, second by second. Nothing so called miracle would happily come to me and wave its hand at me.

 

If there was one thing I wanted to do right now is yell at her and wake her up, but I know that would never work.

 

Never.

 

The doctor asked to not put any pressure for her to wake up; for she was afraid something worse would happen.

 

I have decided a long time ago, that I will wait for her to arise from her deep slumber, her beautiful sleep. I remember the promise I made to her long ago. Her pleading eyes when she asked; I’m sure no one would say no to the face of a beautiful angel like her. The memories of our time together flooded my mind everyday like a daily routine.

 

“I’m sorry to bother you Ms. Kang, but visiting hours are over,”

 

A nurse came to her door slowly, softly telling me the day was coming to an end. Just like other days I would wipe away my tears and smiled and the nurse, gesturing that I will be out in a minute. As the door of her room closes I stood up from my seat and sat next to her on her bed.



 

Her breathing was still the same like before. I caressed her face gently and let my thumb trace the shape of her cheek. Those wonderful things used to turn bright red whenever she was with me. Along with her smile it was gone. Both of her cheeks were pale as it someone erased the rosy colour that used to be there.

 

I caressed her face one last time and kissed her, saying goodnight.

 

“Good night, Joohyun-ah...” I whispered.

 

Tears started to fall again, and I closed my eyes for a while taking the whole situation in.




 

“Seulgi, you know she might not wake up from this right?” Her father said earlier today.

 

“Yes sir, I know that,” I replied, trying to keep my voice steady.

 

“So…,”

 

“I will wait for her. Even if it takes forever I will wait for her,” I said sternly cutting him off.

 

“Alright then,” He said patting my back.

 

Her family had finally given up on her. They were planning to turn off her life support, but decided not to since I wanted to wait for her.


 

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said wiping the tears away.


 

“I love you,”

 

I kissed her cold lips and smiled when her heart rate increased for a moment when I did.

 

“I guess I still have that effect on you after all these years,” I smiled and left the room, not forgetting to take a last glance before doing so.

 

*****



 

The bed stirred as I moved around, feeling the warmth of spring around. I felt the bright sun hit my sleepy face and smiled as I remembered your beautiful smile. You would always do so without fail even when you are sad, my beautiful angel; your smile is the prettiest thing in this now downhearted world.

 

Slowly the brightness of the sun fades, but the warmth was still felt. The weather was just perfect for a stroll in the park. Again I felt my lips curved into a smile as the thought of you came to mind. I woke up immediately remembering your voice calling me to come with you.







 

“Yah! Wake up,” she called.

 

I pretended to sleep, while I smile on the inside.

 

“Yah~,” she called again.

 

That sweet voice, I want to record it, set it as my ringtone and listened to all day. Yet, I didn’t move. I could see the frustration in her face even with my eyes closed.

 

“Yah~ Kkangsseul!” She whined.

 

Her voice filled with annoyance. I opened my eyes slowly and saw the most beautiful thing ever. Her face glowed with the sight of me conscious. A smile formed slowly as she hugged me. I can’t help but to smile too with her cute appearance.



 

*****


 

Spring had passed and made way for summer. The sun was shining brightly comparable to her bright shining smile. The hotness of summer was something that could never be missed. Sweat formed everywhere as I walked along the beach looking at the beautiful scenery of the ocean.

 

A sweat fell slowly along my face. I remembered how you would always wipe them off whenever we spent our times during summer.

 

 

 

 

“Seulgi-ah, lets go get ice-cream. It too hot here,” she whined.

I could only smile at her childish behavior. I walked with her to the ice-cream parlor hand in hand. It felt just perfect. I ordered her a strawberry ice-cream and chocolate one for myself.

 

“Yah, I want chocolate!” she said happily.

 

I looked at her raising an eyebrow. As far as I have known her she had always like strawberry flavored ice-cream, so the sudden want of chocolate just came as a surprise to me.

 

“Cause chocolate is the flavor of my stupid bear~” she sing-song happily.

 

I laughed shyly because of the stares people were giving us, but I felt warm inside hearing her said that. I waited for the ice-cream patiently while she stood by my side playing with my hands. She let go of my hand after a while. I looked at her, wondering why.

 

She dug something in her left pocket and took out a small handkerchief.

 

“You’re sweating,” she said and wiped away the sweat from my brows.

 

People behind us ‘awed’ as they saw the mushy lovebird scene just now. I looked at her face and saw a hint of red on both of her cheeks. She is indeed a person that deserved to be awed.

 

But summer had passed twice and yet she is still asleep. Looking at the ice-cream parlor only reminded me about her and our memories, about the time us really are together.



 

*****



 

I will wait for you.

 

Even though the doctors say you will never wake up, I will wait until you leave me.

 

With each seasons passed I will remember your presence in each of them, even though you are not here. But when I close my eyes I can feel you beside me, see your smiling face calling me.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter