fin

Sequence

Sunggyu thought, no, knew he was stupid for liking a singer not only two years younger than him, but more than likely straight as a pole, but he couldn't help the way the singer made his heart beat like crazy out of his chest.

Every few months or so, Sunggyu would send his favorite poem of the bunch to Woohyun in hopes that he'll read it, most of them were about him, and Woohyun would recognize that right away, but he didn't have to know that he was a 24 year old male hopelessly in love with him, absolutely not.

 

Sunggyu sighed as he pressed the on button on his laptop, getting ready to stream Woohyun's visual radio, resting his chin in the palm of his hands as he waited for it to boot up. Woohyun had finally released a new song and was promoting everywhere he went with a bright smile on his face, so bright it was almost as bright as his new blonde hair.

Sunggyu watched in peace, but perked up when he heard the radio DJ ask the singer if he had received any fan mail that peaked his interest lately.

“Actually, yeah. There's this same fan that sends me poems every once in a while, I don't know who it is because they use a pen name but – their poems are beautiful. The one I received most recently was my favorite, I even have it written in my phone.”

“Ah, could you read it to us?” Sunggyu's heart fluttered as he saw the younger excitedly reach for his phone, busying himself to find the poem. Maybe it was his?

The singer began to recite the poem with a small smile across his lips.

 

i crave for every inch of you and for every touch, i crave your kisses on my neck and your lips melded with mine
i crave for your laughter and your fingers through my hair, i crave your hands on my waist and our fingers intertwined
i want each and every inch of you to myself, to kiss you until i’m breathless
i want to feel your body pressed up against mine and i want to wrap my arms around your neck
i crave your love and your warmth, i want to be yours until the end of time
i crave for every inch of you and i crave for every ounce of your love

 

Sunggyu's breath hitched and his eyes welled up with tears at the realization that his idol actually read his poems, and that was his poem that he was reading. The DJ made noises of awe, and her face was starstruck.

“I really liked this one, the words were so beautifully used even though it was simple. It took my breath away, as all their other poems did. Aside from their actual poems, this person actually asked me quite a lot if I thought they should enter the national poetry slam..”

“Why don't you send a message to that person right now?”

Woohyun eyed the camera and Sunggyu felt like his soul was about to leave his body. “Kyuzizi-ssi, I think you should enter, I think your poetry is very beautiful. If you do, send me a letter and maybe I'll personally come and support you.”

 

Sunggyu thought it would be okay if he just died at that very moment. They continued on with the radio, but all Sunggyu had his mind on was finally applying to accept the invite to nationals that he had received from regionals, before sorting all the poems he would be using. Sunggyu hadn't forgotten to send a letter to Woohyun, giving him the date of the competition and a nice big thanks before pursing his lips and sliding the envelope through the slot.

The day came and Sunggyu was dressed in a jean jacket with a white t-shirt underneath, topping it off with black skinny jeans, combat boots, and his caramel hair nicely swept across his forehead. Sunggyu was quite well known among other poets in Korea, he was the famous “Kyuzizi”, but to his misfortune, Sunggyu's real name would be revealed to the entire nation today, and his identity as a whole to Woohyun.

Sunggyu tried not to get ambushed by active poetry fans, smiling at them until his eyes were no longer visible while reciting his first poem in his head.

The fans slowly died out as a hooded figure walked inside the venue, and Sunggyu almost fainted after realizing it was the Nam Woohyun who came to see him even though he was probably expecting a pretty, young girl whose face was as beautiful as her words. Sunggyu let out a small sigh at how there was a possibility he would let Woohyun's high expectations down.

 

Sunggyu's first poem was the one he had sent to Woohyun, most people didn't start with their strong and opinionated poems, and Sunggyu didn't intend to do that. As soon as it was his turn, he was welcomed on stage, faced by the judges. He didn't want to win, all he had wanted was for Nam Woohyun to know that this was him and his heart was true.

The poet took a deep breath and began reciting the poem into the microphone, letting each and every emotion of him pour out, his eyes never leaving Woohyun, knowing he had recognized the poem right away.

As soon as he finished, he took a small step back from the microphone, staring at the judges in anticipation as they conversed in small whispers. Sunggyu wasn't expecting anything more than a 7, the rigged system was ratted out long ago and the judges were now completely and utterly honest, because they were grown adults and kids who could take a hit.

Sunggyu wasn't expecting two 8s and one 7 to go up, that's for sure, and he couldn't hold back his smile before giving a slight nod to the audience and stepping back backstage.

 

Sunggyu stepped up for the second round, this time with a stronger poem, and he could see the singer's eyes light up once they locked eyes. He again took a deep breath, and paused before beginning to recite his next poem.

 

but darling i know that it’s hard and i know that there are knives in your heart and trails of long sharp nails along the skin of your flesh
and i know that the world is a ing war zone and all you’ve been doing is dodging bullets and holding your heart in your hands praying for you to make it out of here alive
but darling i know that you see every fist that’s raised, every curse that’s spat coming at you, coming straight for you and all you can do to defend yourself is not exist
and i know that you’re on a boat in the middle of nowhere, tumbling and turning because the ocean has no mercy, sick to your stomach and ready to jump so the world doesn’t find you again and you don’t find the world again
but darling i know you’re surrounded by loaded guns and you’re holding on for your dear life, fists clenched and heart beating out of your chest without even a thought that you’d be able to see another day
but darling your heart is that of gold and you’re a ing warrior, no matter how much you want to jump you won’t, because darling you’ll be okay.

 

Sunggyu could tell that most the audience's breath hitched from the moment he began reciting, but Sunggyu had his eyes on Woohyun only, and he was sure his legs almost gave in when he gave him that bright smile and two thumbs up. 9, 8, 8. Satisfied with his scores, Sunggyu stepped off stage with a relaxed smile on his face. 48 points total, he was runner up.

 

It came to the last round, and there were three left, Sunggyu, and two others, both of which were also well known poets. It was fair game, the three were all fairly the same age and had been competing since they were in their teens, and actually had quite a strong bond that it didn't matter who won at that point.

"Howon, Dongwoo, good luck out there.” Sunggyu flashed his smile at his fellow poets before Howon went out on stage to recite his last poem.

“You too, hyung.”

 

It came to Sunggyu's turn and he had his strongest poem of the night, his only real slam poem he's ever written. He repeats the process from the last few rounds, but this time he doesn't lock eyes with Woohyun, because he's nervous enough.

 

if there is someone in your life that makes you happy, let them
do not push them away as if they were the only thing in your life that wasn’t beneficial
do not use the excuse that you don’t want to hurt them, that you are a burden and that you are okay
let them hold your hand and be your guide through your journey on this mountain
let them be the person you can grasp onto when you’re about to fall, even if they’re the only one there
it doesn’t make sense why you would want to get rid of the only thing that can possibly put that beautiful smile on your face
and can emit that small chuckle and make your vocal cords vibrate in joy
if there is someone in your life who makes you unhappy, do not let them
do not let them continue to push you down
do not let them be that one ing person who steps on your beating heart with the soles of their feet
do not be their prey only because you yourself believe you are not strong enough, not fast enough, not bold enough to outrun them
do not let them wreck the pedestal you stand on
do not let them rip your vocal cords out to keep that laugh from escaping your lips
do not let them tape your mouth shut so you have no damn way to smile and to love and to speak for yourself
do not let them be your own voice, because you are your own voice and they do not speak for your mind, or to your mind
you are not their puppet, their toy or their ing pleasure
you are your own person and you deserve every right to BE one just as much as they are
you are strong and you are brave and you—
do things that make you the happiest person to stand on this planet
do things to prove them that you are better than what they believe you are worth
do strive for things that you believe — that they believe are impossible, and achieve that
do yourself.

 

9, 10, and 10. Sunggyu hadn't imagined that he would ever score a 10, better yet two tens. The highest he ever scored was always a 9.5, he was always off by half a point, but he assumed luck was on his side today. They brought out the two other poets and the younger greeted him with warm hugs and a loud congratulations, even though they all were moving on to continental.

Sunggyu smiled and accepted first prize, bowing at everyone around him and locking eyes with Woohyun once again, before the audience was cleared out, (though some stuck around as they were family/friends with any of the poets, or simply to get any signatures).

 

Sunggyu walked out with the first place prize in his hand, laughing and talking with his runner ups as they did every competition that they got to see each other, before spotting Woohyun and waving them a goodbye before nervously making his way over to the singer.

“So, Sunggyu-ssi... or should I say Kyuzizi?” The blonde haired man cracked a smile. “You were amazing.”

Sunggyu felt his cheeks heat up and the once confident poet on stage was now nothing but a shy boy talking to his dumb crush. “T-thanks.”

“I wasn't expecting you to be male, and older..”

“I get that a lot...” There was a small hint of disappointment in his voice even though he saw it coming.

“It's not that it's bad! I just, I was expecting a pretty young girl whose face was as pretty as her words.”

Sunggyu nodded. “That's exactly what I thought you'd think. So you're disappointed? Sorry I'm not all what I made myself to be. I just thought you'd be creeped out by some creepy older man sending you all these poems and .” The poet didn't know what he was expecting, was he expecting the singer to express how he actually quite liked him and it doesn't matter if he's a man? “Older men that send poems that are mostly about love to younger famous men usually come off as es. I swear I'm not, I'm sorry.”

“No, I-I didn't think you were a creep at all. When I first heard you recite that poem, when I came to the realization that well, you were you, I was a bit taken aback but I didn't dislike it. I encouraged you, didn't I?”

Sunggyu nodded, still not meeting eyes with the singer. “I quite think you're attractive. There's something charming about you besides your poems.”

“Aren't you-”

“Straight? Not quite I suppose? People don't really care about my uality, most people have known for quite a while... unless, you haven't?”

“I didn't want to believe anything until you confirmed it.”

“Well, take me asking you on a date as confirmation?”

Sunggyu bit his lip and nodded. “Give me your phone,” the singer demanded, holding his palm out. The poet knitted his eyebrows together and reached his hand into his back pocket to hand it to him.

The singer casually called his cell phone before handing it back. “Now we have each other's numbers. I'll call you when I'm free, don't make any plans this weekend.”

Sunggyu flushed, his thin lips curving into a small smile and taking his phone back. And holy crap, did his idol just ask him on a date?

 

The weekend made it's way over, and Sunggyu was sitting in his apartment staring at his phone in anticipation, jumping at every text tone or every notification. It was when his phone started to vibrate loudly and Woohyun's “Everyday” started to play that he quickly lunged for his phone in attempt to answer the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey, it's Woohyun,”

“I know.”

“How does tomorrow night sound? We can meet for dinner at this restaurant that I really like. It's small, simple, and I kind of already reserved a private table, so you can't really reject me? I'm sorry am I babbling, I just, I guess I really like you and want this date to be perfect so we could have.. more dates.. after this. God, no wonder I'm always ditched after the first date, I talk too much, I'm so sorry I-”

“It's cute.” Sunggyu cut him off, smiling at how nervous the boy might be. “And I'd love to, reservation or not.”

“I-I'll see you at seven then? I'll text you the address. Wear something nice. There's a dress code.”

“It's a date.” Sunggyu laughed when no reply came, the boy seemed to be flustered and their roles had appeared to switch, Woohyun now the shy and nervous one and Sunggyu the confident one.

 

Sunggyu spent his entire Saturday trying to find something to wear, he knew he had to dress up, but he didn't want to overdress, but he didn't want to underdress either, he also wanted to impress Woohyun and everything was a jumble so he settled on black pants, a white dress shirt, and a black blazer. It came to about 6:30, and Sunggyu decided to head out although the restaurant was not too far from his place, he wanted allowance in case he hit traffic.

Sunggyu was there by 6:50, standing outside of the restaurant, waiting for the blonde to step outside of any car, and when he did, Sunggyu forgot how to breathe. The younger man was dressed in a black suit and black tie, his hair was slicked back, and Sunggyu could tell he was wearing eyeliner, and wow, he was seeing his gorgeousness in real life and it was all for himself.

“You look fantastic,” was the first thing Sunggyu heard, but it came out of his mouth, and he saw how the singer but back a shy smile, eyeing him up and down in the process.

“You look pretty breathtaking yourself. Let's head in?”

Sunggyu nodded and followed after Woohyun until the waitress brought them to their table and left. “This is a really nice place,” Sunggyu remarked, looking around, avoiding Woohyun's eyes, because he didn't think he could look into the big brown eyes without melting into a pile of goo, especially when he was dressed like that.

“Yeah, it's pretty. Almost as pretty as you.” And Sunggyu let out a cute laugh, and Woohyun decided it was one of his favorite sounds and he wanted to hear it more often, so he made note to crack a lot of cute jokes.

Sunggyu and Woohyun chatted away and really got to know each other, Sunggyu decided that he really really liked Woohyun and it wasn't some sort of celebrity crush anymore and he was sure he and Woohyun would be something real.

 

It was six official dates, five cuddle sessions in each other's living rooms, and two secret meet ups, a few visits from Sunggyu at the broadcast station later, that they had their first kiss. Woohyun had just received his first win, and he was walking back to his dressing room, and was greeted by his boyfriend who threw his arms around his neck, screeching about how proud he was of him and how amazing he was and how excited he was for his first win.

The door was shut behind them and Sunggyu smiled, cupping his boyfriend's cheeks and leaned in to press their lips together, Woohyun's arms instinctively wrapping around the elder's waist as he smiled into the kiss, overwhelmed with emotions.

“When did you get here?” Woohyun gasped as soon as they pulled apart, rubbing Sunggyu's sides gently with a shy smile on his face.

“The closing stage. I had a gut feeling you would win today so I wanted to congratulate my boyfriend face to face.”

“And lip to lip, I suppose.” And Sunggyu laughed that beautiful laugh, and Woohyun's heart fluttered at the sound and buried his nose in the crook of his cute boyfriend's neck, overjoyed to have him there, spending an extremely happy moment with him.

“To think that I went from a fan who only tweeted you to congratulate you, to your boyfriend who can now kiss you to congratulate you, I'm simply amazed.”

 

It was about a year into their relationship when they first said ‘I love you’ to each other.

“Gyu, can you recite that poem? I want to try something.” Woohyun was cuddled against Sunggyu's side, and Sunggyu knew exactly what poem he was talking about, because it was that poem, their poem. Sunggyu was confused, but agreed to anyway.

“I crave for every inch of you, and for every touch,” he watched as Woohyun caressed his pale skin, tracing mindless patterns on his body. “I crave your kisses on my neck,” his breath hitching when he felt the thick lips starting from his collarbone and kissing up, “and your lips melded with mine.” The lips that were at the corner of his mouth were now on his lips, Woohyun continuing to trace the mindless patterns on his skin, before straddling the elders lap and breaking the kiss.

“Go on,” Woohyun coaxed, staring into the small but bright eyes.

“I crave your laughter,” and Woohyun placed Sunggyu's hands in an area that he was ticklish, making him burst out into a small fit of laughter.  “And your fingers through my hair,” Woohyun kissed him once again, lacing his slim fingers through the elders hair before giving him a chance to recite the next line, “I crave your hands on my waist, and our fingers intertwined.” Woohyun threaded his fingers through the gap of Sunggyu's fingers, placing the other gently on the elder's waist, rubbing soft circles on his lower back. “I want each and every inch of you to myself, to kiss you until I'm breathless.” His hand left Sunggyu's and both hands were at his waist, before Woohyun moved in for another kiss, their lips moving in an orderly fashion, not needing a moment to breathe because they craved nothing more than each other at that moment. Once Woohyun had pulled away, Sunggyu was panting and gasping for air, and Woohyun gave him a moment before he continued. “I want to feel your body pressed up against mine,” the singer lowered the poet onto his back, and he was still on top, their chests pressed together, so close they could feel each other's heartbeats. “And I want to wrap my arms around your neck,” he complied with his own words, wrapping his arms around the younger's neck. “I crave your love and your warmth, i want to be yours until the end of time,” the elder paused, waiting for the younger to do something, much to his disappointment. “i crave for every inch of you and I crave for every ounce of your love.”

“I love you.” The singer placed a peck on the elder's lips and chuckled at the surprised expression on his face.

“I love you too, Nam Woohyun.”

 

It's a year and a half into their relationship when they're released into the public, but Woohyun couldn't care less and neither could his company, and Woohyun loved Sunggyu and that wasn't going to change anything.

    

Sunggyu was applying for districts, so he was furiously working on several new poems until the early hours while his boyfriend (had I mentioned that they moved in together?) slept early to wake up early for his early schedule.

“Did you sleep at all?” Woohyun asked in a tired voice, pressing a kiss to the crown of the elder's head before allowing a reply.

“No,” Sunggyu replied, bringing his mug of coffee to his mouth. “But, baby, can I ask you something?”

“Mhm.” The singer was brushing his teeth and pacing around the room, the poet always found it endearing how he couldn't sit still when he was brushing his teeth or his hair.

“Whenever you have the time, can you read over this and tell me what you think?” He handed him a paper that had scribbles of Sunggyu's ‘messy’ handwriting all over. “I want to use it to apply, but I want your opinion first.”

“Of course.” The singer said with a foamy mouth and a cheeky grin, earning him a hit on the arm and a push to spit out the toothpaste and get dressed. The younger came back looking clean and fresh, earning him a smile from the poet. “Now I can kiss you on the lips.”

“Because your morning breath reeks, not because I don't like kissing you.” Sunggyu smiled and pulled the younger by the bottom of his jacket, crashing their lips together. “Get going, you're gonna be late.”

“But I want to kiss you more.” The younger pouted and Sunggyu let out a loud laugh, cupping his cheeks and pecking his lips, before turning him around by the shoulders and pushing him out of the bedroom.

“Have fun and don't forget to read the poem. Love you.”

 

It was almost two years when Woohyun told the world that he, indeed, was in love with Kim Sunggyu. Woohyun sat back in his chair before the radio and pulls out the sheet of paper Sunggyu handed to him, and at the top in neat handwriting was a scribble.  To my Woohyun ♡

He smiled and his eyes scrolled down the paper, mouth opening in awe, but his third time reading was interrupted by the start of the radio show.

“Welcome back, Woohyun-ssi.”

“Hello!” He greeted happily, remembering how this show brought him and his boyfriend together.

“You looked pretty concentrated there, what's that you were reading?”

“A-ah, it's a poem my boyfriend wrote for me..”

“Is that the same person that wrote that poem to you a year ago? Did you meet him at the poetry slam?” Woohyun nodded with a smile. “Could you read it to us?”

Woohyun nodded and looked at the paper once again, seeing his lover's face behind his eyelids.

 

i wish to go places with with you, to see the world and experience each and every thing i can before my heart stops its rhythm
i wish to hold your hand at the eiffel tower and i wish that you’ll place a kiss at the crown of my head at the waters in italy
i want to fall in love with you again at the beaches in hawaii, and meet you for the first time in the streets of spain
i want to have my first kiss with you under a tree in central park and feel butterflies in the london eye
i want to travel the world with you and live each moment with you and where i want to be most when i take my last breath is in your arms

 

Claps resonated in Woohyun's ears and he loved knowing that other people appreciated his boyfriend's poetry and not only him. “Would you like to send a message to him?”

Woohyun didn't have to do anything to let the DJ know he agreed, looking into the camera because radios were now viewable these days. “Gyu, remember this radio? It's the radio that brought you and me together, be grateful I had our poem on my phone or you wouldn't even have met me. I love it, Gyu. You should definitely use it.” Woohyun bit his lip and hesitated before speaking again. “I love you.”

 

It was two years later when they made love for the first time. Woohyun realized that every time he made Sunggyu recite their poem, they'd end up being so close to hooking up, but they'd stop themselves because they weren't mentally prepared. But this time, they both knew they were okay and it was slow and sensual, and Woohyun didn't think he could ever be more in love with the man until he heard his soft moans and gasps as the singer rocked their bodies.

Woohyun woke up and placed butterfly kisses on the already awake male's shoulder, peeking over his shoulder to see why he was tapping away on his phone. “What are you doing?” Sunggyu flinched and put his phone down, causing Woohyun to look at him in confusion and frustration.

“What are you hiding?”

“It's nothing, baby. I-I was just writing a poem and I didn't want you to see it yet.”

“What's it about?”

“You.. Me... Us... Last night...”

“About our love making?”

Sunggyu nodded shyly and Woohyun caressed his sides and pressed another kiss to his shoulder blade. “You're so cute. Let me read it when you're done, okay?”

 

an eternal pleasure, being able to feel one's heart through their body, through every pulsing vein, feel each drip of their love

i know every part of you, i know your love is genuine the way you hold your body against mine and caress my skin

i'm yours for eternity

Woohyun smiled at the poem that laid before him in messy handwriting, kissing the poet's lips before leaving to his schedule.

 

2 years and 3 months into their relationship, Woohyun started his world tour, leaving the poet behind because he had poetry slams to attend. They would Skype call each other every night and sometimes Sunggyu would be crying because he missed him too much and his day was so bad and all he wanted to do was be hugged, and Woohyun would reply with, “just a little longer, baby. I'll be home in no time.”

4 months later, Woohyun arrived back in the Incheon airport, he didn't tell Sunggyu anything of his arrival, and he nervously made his way back to their home.

Woohyun quietly opened their apartment door, thanking that it didn't make a sound whenever someone came in, and found the older cooking some ramen in the kitchen. Woohyun laughed quietly and proceeded to wrap his arms around the other. “You know, ramen's not very healthy for 1 in the afternoon.”

Sunggyu slightly flinched, but he smiled in pure bliss and Woohyun thought that he'd never forget that smile, and leaned into his embrace.

“Miss me?”

“More than you can imagine.” Woohyun placed a soft kiss on the crook of Sunggyu's neck before pulling away from the embrace.

“No welcome home kiss?”

Sunggyu laughed and turned around, admiring the singer in all his glory before wrapping his arms around his neck for a long, passionate kiss. “I'm glad you're home, baby.”

“I'm glad I'm home too.”

 

It's 3 years into their relationship when Woohyun asks Sunggyu to spend the rest of their lives together, to tell him they can legally get married in another country and then come back.

It wasn't anything fancy, Woohyun was driving and he had one hand on the wheel and the other on Sunggyu. They were in a comfortable silence. “How does San Francisco sound?”

Sunggyu furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion. “What do you mean?”

“For us to get married.”

“Who said we're getting married? Since when were we getting married?”

“Why, don't you want to marry me?”

“Well yeah I-”

“You said you didn't want anything special. Do you want a ring and balloons and all that because I can-”

“Don't do that, baby, please.”

“So will you marry me?”

Sunggyu stayed silent and caressed the back of Woohyun's hand with his palm, biting back his smile.

“Will you?”

“Yeah.” Sunggyu brought up their joined hands and kissed the back of the singer's hand while nodding, loving the beautiful smile that was on the younger's face.

 

It was 4 years when Sunggyu and Woohyun got married. They had a small wedding in the city hall of San Francisco, they said short vows and the only people were there were immediate family and friends. Sunggyu's vow was a new poem, something he had been working on since their engagement, and hid from Woohyun so he would never find it.

 

i remember the day i first met you, you had bright blonde hair, and a black hoodie on, and you told me you weren't expecting me to be me

you had a cheeky grin across your face and a shy look in your big brown eyes and you asked me on a date

from that day i fell in love, i fell in love with your eyes, with your hands, with your hair, with your voice, with your heart but more importantly i fell in love with you

there is not a second in the day when i do not want to be with you

not a second in the day where i don't think of you

if i had a nickel for every time you made me feel in love, i'd be rich

if you had a nickel for every time i made you feel in love, i'd hope you'll be rich as well

i love you to the moon and back, each touch, each kiss, and i want to spend everything with you, i wish to see the world with you, to fall in love with you a second time, i crave each and every ounce of your love.

 

Woohyun discovered that Sunggyu had a talent for singing, so after their honeymoon he held a concert and invited the poet to sing with him.

“Hi, everyone.” The singer beamed, nothing made him happier than seeing his fans. “I know it's been a long, long time, 4 years even, since this was announced, but I wanted to properly introduce you to my husband.” The crowd roared in screams of excitement and Woohyun made his way over to where in the audience Sunggyu was, grabbing his hand and helping him on stage.

“You were surprised, right? That I like men,” he joked, but all his fans were fairly supportive and he loved them for that. “4 years ago he sent me a poem, I fell in love with it, and then I saw him and fell in love with him, and now we're married, crazy, right?”

“Thank you, for supporting us, really. I know that Korea isn't necessarily supportive... of people like us, but I couldn't be more grateful because it was so hard for us to be okay to be public about this... Thank you.”

Sunggyu held Woohyun's hand tightly, standing by his side and staring at the large audience before his eyes, cheeks on fire, waiting to be given another microphone. Sunggyu bowed as soon as he got the microphone, introducing himself as Kim Sunggyu, but most people knew that already,   because he was a poet known worldwide for winning nationals 3 years in a row.

“I discovered that Sunggyu has a talent for singing... so we put together a little stage for you guys, I hope you enjoy. This is one of Sunggyu's poems... that I turned into a song..”

 

It was four and a half years in their relationship when Woohyun fell in love with a girl. She had small hands and long hair, her eyes were bright and brown, and her smile made his stomach do somersaults.

“Baby?”

“Yeah, Gyu?”

“Do you ever think of... maybe.. being parents? Adopting?”

“I never really did, why?”

“I want to have a kid... I'm happy with the two of us and all but I think we need a little bundle of joy..”

“Do you want to go to the orphanage and spend some time with the kids? Find a little princess or prince you like?”

Sunggyu nodded with a smile, and Woohyun loved how excited his husband got at the thought of having a child.

That was where they met their little star, Sunggyu and Woohyun came to the orphanage every other day to play with her, and they decided that's who they'd adopt– she'd be Kim Byul, with her eyes like stars, to fit the name she'd had since birth.

The little girl held her parents' fingers with an excited smile on her face, it was finally time to take her home and Woohyun decided he could never be more in love.

 

            Having a child was difficult yes, and sometimes Sunggyu got jealous of how little affection Woohyun had been showing him since they got their daughter. “I love you most in the world, Kim Byul.” Woohyun smiled at his 4 year old and kissed her forehead as she played with her toys, and Sunggyu had an annoyed pout on his face.

“Woohyun,” Sunggyu called, it was his first time using the younger's full name name in a while, usually he'd call him ‘baby’ or ‘Hyun’ because he was not having it, and as much as he loved his little girl, he missed his lover more than anything.

“Yeah, Gyu? What's the matter, you never call me Woohyun.” Sunggyu didn't reply and only pouted when he still heard the singer playing with their daughter, more furiously chopping the vegetables because he had no other way to relieve his frustration. The younger eventually trudged over, hugging him from behind and placing a soft kiss on his neck, where he knew made Sunggyu's heart flutter. “What's wrong?”

“Nothing.. I just.. I-I just miss you.” The poet replied in a hushed voice, hoping his lover hadn't heard.

“But why? I'm right here.”

“I know you are it's just.. You never..”

Woohyun let out a small chuckle and turned the elder around, seeing the small pout on his lips and the glint of sadness. “Are you jealous? Of our own daughter?”

Sunggyu was about to open his mouth to speak, but Woohyun pecked his lips and held both his hands. “I haven't been showing you much affection lately?” Sunggyu nodded and Woohyun smiled that gorgeous smile.

“You always told me there was no one you could love more than me...”

“You are so cute..” Woohyun swung their hands back and forth. “It's always you, Gyu. I love our little star but without you I wouldn't have my beautiful daughter, would I? I love you the most.”

Sunggyu cursed, because even after nearly 5 years of being together, Woohyun still made his heart skip a beat and he fell more in love with him each day.

“How is it that you manage to still make me nervous after all these years?”

“You love me.”

“I do, I really do.”

“I love you too.”

And Sunggyu cupped the younger's face, their lips crashing like waves on the beach, feeling as if it were their first kiss. At that moment there was nothing in the world but them, until, of course, their daughter let out a high pitched scream that there was a spider on the floor.


all the poetry in this is mine believe it or not!!!! i really enjoyed writing this, and i hope you enjoyed reading it as much as i loved writing it! whispers for more poetry visit my writing blog at kissmeatnamsantower.tumblr.com