final

Finding Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was raining outside, forcing Baekhyun to stay indoors and baby sit his little brother as much as he wants to play with his friends.

Sprawled on the carpet floor, smashing the buttons on his controller while multitasking to grab a handful of chips from the bag, shoving it all in his mouth, crumbs falling and video game controller greasy, he entertains himself by spending hours shooting zombies on his tv screen.

The door to his bedroom slams open, hitting the wall with the promise of a new dent. It doesn’t tear Baekhyun’s eyes from the screen, only grunting out an annoyed whine, his brother entering his room again for the 5th time.

“What is it now, Jongin?” Baekhyun grumbles.

“Soo hyung is coming!” his little brother exclaims, hopping towards Baekhyun excitedly.

“Great. Now leave,” Baekhyun swats at Jongin’s tiny legs, shooing him away. Jongin only moves in front of him, obliviously peering down at Baekhyun.

“can Baek hyung play with us too?” Jongin stomps in a giddy manner, accidentally stepping on the chips bag. Baekhyun growls in annoyance, view now blocked by Jongin and chips crushed under his little feet.

“Nini! Get out the way, I don’t want to play!” He shoves Jongin to side (lightly, not wanting to risk Jongin going to their dad and tattle-tale on him or he’d get grounded) but it doesn’t affect the little kid at all, only stomping again this time with stubbornness.

“Why not?” Jongin whines. He looks at Baekhyun with a pout and although Baekhyun likes to claim his heart is made of steel, he weakens a little. He can never resist his brother’s puppy-like face.

“Ugh,” Baekhyun heaves out a heavy sigh, brainstorming ideas to get himself off the hook from playing with two little toddlers and to not give in from Jongin’s cute puppy face. He exits his game, already dying twice since Jongin entered the room.

Suddenly, an idea flashes in his head. He’s pretty sure he’d get his kicked by his parents if they find out but that’s beside the point. He is bored and he isn’t called the mischievous son for no reason.

“Alright, let’s go downstairs and wait for Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun gets up and wipes the crumbs from him. He’s going to have to clean that all up if he doesn’t want bugs to crawl in his room later, and if one of his dads finds out they’ll double his grounding time limit. Well, they’re not home yet so he has time.

 

+

 

They both sit in the middle of the living room floor, center table pushed to the other side of the wall giving more space for Jongin’s toys. As they wait for Kyungsoo to arrive, Baekhyun picks up one of Jongin’s toy airplanes as if he’s not brewing the world’s most evil plan.

“When is your boyfriend Kyungsoo coming?” Baekhyun asks, trying to appear impassive although the glint in his eyes says otherwise.

Jongin’s eyes widens, “Soo hyung is not my boyfriend!” he protests. He isn’t sure what he’s protesting about though. “Uhm, what’s a boyfriend?”

Baekhyun fakes a gasp, “you don’t know what a boyfriend is?”

Jongin shakes his head.

“Why, you’re missing out on a lot aren’t you. It’s okay, since I am your big brother I will tell you.” Baekhyun snickers quietly behind the toy airplane he’s using to hide his face from Jongin. He opens his arms wide and then pats his lap.

Jongin crawls to Baekhyun’s lap, sitting comfortably before he looks up, urging Baekhyun to tell him what a ‘boyfriend’ is.

“Now, you must understand, a boyfriend isn’t just any normal thing, nini. A boyfriend must be special!” Baekhyun tells him, making sure to animatedly talk to keep the younger’s interest.

“…special?” Jongin repeats, eyes looking up at Baekhyun with so much curiosity.

“Yes. And must be a boy that is a special friend to you.”

“Like Soo hyung!”

“That’s right. But you have to make sure your boyfriend is a good one.”

“What does a boyfriend look like?” Jongin places a finger on his chin as if he’s deep thought.

“Ah, good question. Well, a boyfriend looks like…” Baekhyun drawls, trying to remember what exactly Kyungsoo looks like. “a boyfriend has big eyes! and uhm, big lips? and… squishy.”

“Big eyes… Big lips… and squishy?” Jongin repeats again, the tone in his question sounding incredulous.

“Yes those are the requirements.” Baekhyun states, nodding to confirm himself as well. He hadn’t really expecting that, he’s kind of winging this. “It means it is a must have!”

“Hmm, that is hard to find.” Jongin says after a thoughtful moment.

“Yes, I heard there’s only one kind of boyfriend like that in the world. If you find him, that means he’s rare.”

“Rare?”

“It means one of a kind. You have to treasure that boyfriend when you find him. You wouldn’t want anyone else to take your boyfriend would you?”

“No! My boyfriend! Mine!” Jongin cries, tears welling up in his eyes at the thought of someone taking his boyfriend. Baekhyun laughs, caressing Jongin’s head to calm him down.

“Hey hey, you haven’t found your boyfriend yet so don’t cry. But that’s why you gotta work hard to find him.”

Jongin immediately stops crying, wiping the tears from his eyes and sniffing loudly.

“When you find your boyfriend, you have to seal your bond with a kiss!”

“A kiss? I get kisses from daddy and papa!” Jongin smiles.

“Yeah, but not quite like that kind of kiss.” Baekhyun says and he swears he’s definitely going to get in trouble for this.

“What kind of kiss?” sparing the innocence Jongin might have left after this conversation, Baekhyun gives mercy.

“Well that is for you to find out. But it is a peck on the lips!” Not that much mercy. “You can only kiss your boyfriend though, you’re not allowed to kiss anyone else or you will be breaking your boyfriend’s heart. We don’t want that do we?”

“No… that is bad. I don’t want my boyfriend to be sad.”

“Right.” Baekhyun’s going to hell after this.

“Does Baek hyung have a boyfriend?”

“Uhm.” Baekhyun coldly sweats. Boy, he wishes. He is 16 years old and to think Park Chanyeol still hasn’t made a single move? Now he feels a little sad, Jongin’s getting more game than he is and he’s only 5 years old. “I’m still looking.”

“Does your boyfriend have big eyes too?” ing huge. “Big lips?” Big teeth, more like. “and squishy?” tall as a tree and lanky as , this is getting depressing.

“Everyone has different boyfriends… you only get one you know? Like dad and papa! They’re boyfriends.” Although married. But that’s another story for Jongin another time.

“What does your boyfriend look like?” Jongin asks and he’s doing the thing with his eyes that turn all shiny and curious. It’s hard to resist.

“He’s… tall.” Baekhyun guiltily says. He curses Park Chanyeol under his breath.

“I hope you find him, hyung!”

Baekhyun laughs nervously. Just in time, the doorbell rings, saving him from the slowly backfiring plan. He walks to the door, opening it and his parents greet him, holding Kyungsoo’s hands.

“Hello, Baekkie, how were you guys today?” Junmyeon, one of his dads greets as they enter the house, wiping their shoes on the mat that got wet from the rain. Kyungsoo was clad in his yellow raincoat and sporting his yellow rainboots, looking absolutely adorable that Baekhyun feels a little guilty for using him in his evil plan but who knows, Kyungsoo might thank him later on.

“We were good, I think.” It’s probably time to clean the crumbs in his room.

“Daddy! Papa!” Jongin runs to their dads as fast as his short legs can take him and jumps for a hug, their arms enveloping around him.

“Hi baby,” Yixing, their other dad kisses the top of his forehead and squishes his cheeks. “Soo is here, go play with him.” Jongin excitedly skips to Kyungsoo and waits for him to fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter