〔 history 〕

〔 m-beat's returning gg • kota / 코타 〕/ apply open!
we are a bit different
in 2008...
ceo benny oh decided to start up his own company, m-beat. they needed trainees, but they weren't just taking anybody; oh no. they wanted girls who could sing, dance, and rap, some being stronger in certain areas than the others. in mid 2009, kota was formed with the idea that the girls could do any concept thrown at them, but they decided to go along with the bad-, in your face concept.

so, in 2011, amidst the girly, 'oppa, look at me!' concepts, kota debuted with the powerful song and choreography, 'we are a bit different'. because it was such a different and bombastic song, the girls shot up to the top 20 and stayed at #15 for two weeks. for a rookie group from a small company, this was almost unheard of. so, while their success was still peaked, they returned with their first comeback single 'get up', a little over 6 months later. it wasn't as well received as the others, but the girls managed to stay in the top 30 for a few weeks.

before the second comeback, however, longtime member jandi had to leave due to an unannounced medical issue. nonetheless, the girls continued on as 4 and returned with their first y single in august of 2012, titled 'poison'. this song sky rocketed the girls into stardom, obviously growing up from their previous image a bit. with poison, amidst all the big names and managed to score their first triple crown. it was unexpected, and nonetheless, the girls cried from the stage all the way back to their dorm. yet, that was only the beginning. in october of that year, they followed up with 'talk that', scoring their second triple crown.

in july of 2013, they returned with their 1st mini album, 'are you ready?' and the lead single 'i'm in love'. scoring their third triple crown, this opened up even more doors for them. two became house-hold name actresses, another turned into a cf 'queen', another worked on ost's, there were many photoshoots, and honestly, all their hard work paid off tremendously. so, their ceo, deciding to bump the number back up to 5, welcomed a new member. many fans were close to protesting her being added, but upon sneak peeks of just how talented she was, they welcomed her with open arms, but not without the hate train that had built up and called her all sorts of degrading names.

may of 2014 saw the further rise of the group, the girls sky rocketing into popularity. that may, they came back with their first full album with the lead single 'what's your name?' and featured their other charted singles 'shadow' and 'pretty girl'. the album sold tremendously, so as a thank you to their fans, they held their first fanmeet and were greeted just shy of 100 people because of a special limited spacing. for the fans that couldn't make it, the girls did a live stream, where one of the members even stated: 'the way you see us on tv, is the way we are in person. our images are trash'. this was a small controversy, but more so of a praise to the girls because they actually spoke about it.

2014 also saw the debut of their main rapper, with her song 'red'. the public saw a very different image of her and all agreed that this was one of the best debuts in a couple years. she earned her own #1 and had her own mini fansign to thank their fans again.

after her promotions ended in December, the girls announced that they would be working on another comeback, hoping to show fans another side of them. meanwhile, they busied themselves with promotional work, just so the name kota wouldn't be forgotten.
and now in 2015...
kota are prepared to comeback sometime in august of 2015. their compant has been extremely tight lipped about the comeback and haven't said a single word as to the concept, look, or anything. since may, they've disappeared and have been giving vague updates on their sns about their upcoming comeback.