Afterword

Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[A/N]: Disable your readability because some dialogue/conversations are color coded once again, so you’re not too confused about whoever is talking. You might misunderstand in the middle of the story, but hopefully you’ll all get it in the end. The colors are the same as the main story (hopefully you remember them).

[I didn’t present this that well. It was worse than I thought.]


––

 

There was a door on the left, and it was labeled with a name in bold colors.

박지연

Eunjung knocked on it a few times. The door containing inches of steel was cold. Imagine being locked up behind this door with steel walls and a steel floor… It didn’t seem very pleasant. It would be cold.

“It’s cold…” A murmur sounded from inside. Eunjung was listening, “So cold… My heart is cold.. My body is cold.. Why is it so cold.. It’s freezing. Warm it up, warm it up…”

Eunjung remained silent to listen to more. She was feeling sullen and sad for Jiyeon. But it’s not like she could free her.

I told her to pay for her consequences anyway. It’s my fault. It’s all my fault. It’s too late to save you, Jiyeon, Eunjung thought.

“Heheh.. Heheh…” Jiyeon started to chuckle, “It’s great to have you here… It’s warming up already.”

Eunjung sighed in her mind with heavy feelings of disapproval.

“It’s really great to have you here.. I mean it. It’s already become less lonely, you know?”

 

 

“I mean it… I mean it… I really do mean it. I’m sincere about it… How do I show that I am?”

“Heheh… Heh.. It’s really great to have you here…”

“Hyomin.”

 

fffLfffffffffffLfffffffffffffLfffLff*REWIND*ffLfffffffffffLfffffffffffLffffffffL

 

 

“The operation was successful. The only thing left for her now is her will to live. Depending on how she’s doing in the coma will certainly affect the outcome. There is nothing more that we can do for her except hope that she will overcome whatever obstacle is in her way,” the woman in the white lab coat said, “And to prepare if worse goes to worst –– My condolences.”

The woman in front of Eunjung right now is a close friend of hers from high school who majored in medical-related subjects –– a fine, beautiful doctor. She was always a smart student, and the two agreed to support each other for the future as their occupations were somewhat close.

“I see..” Eunjung responded.

There’s no way. She’s the famous Park Hyomin; she can’t die! Eunjung mentally screamed. She would not want to accept the fact that the one who she tried so hard to save died right in front of her. She would feel so helpless by then.

A detective needs a strong mental state; I cannot falter like this!

Eunjung stepped out of the office.

“So?? Partner, how did it go??” Her subordinate, who was waiting outside patiently, asked.

“The operation was a success, though she is in an unconscious state. The chances of saving her were severely low, so she’s probably in a comatose right now. We can’t do anything but hope,” Eunjung explained.

She sighed, and her partner’s face saddened as he read her facial expression –– a sign of stress.

 

 

[Two weeks later]

 

“Her condition is worsening?” Eunjung asked, “Is there any way to make it better at least? I thought she was already getting treatment everyday!”

“Her state of mind seems to be rejecting reality –– rejecting us. The treatment won’t do anything if she doesn’t want it. There’s no use in continuing this if the status shows decline. We might as well just let her die, or put her out of misery.”

“What?” Eunjung scoffed.

Being in that kind of situation is already pitiful enough. Now her condition is worsening? How is that possible. Nothing should be there to disturb her! What’s going on? Who can I find to solve something like this…

Any other doctor beside my colleague, who was monitoring Hyomin, has proven to be useless… How could they say something like they should just let her die? This place needs a new medical employee.

“Excuse me,” Eunjung said.

“Yes, of course,” the useless doctor replied.

Outside, leaning on the wall with her head down, Eunjung goes in deep thought. She reflects upon herself, If I just let her die like this without trying to do anything.. Then I’d feel nothing but guilt. She’s someone I know, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter