Chapter 1

Forbidden
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ahhh, not another concubine," Jong Kook sighed as he stared at the barely clothed girl on his bed which was covered with rose petals. 

Ji Hyo glanced at Jong Kook as she wondered what concubine meant. She racked her brains, knowing that it sounded familiar as she has read it in one of her acting books but it was futile. She just couldn't remember it. She sighed in frustrations as her mind started to think about other things but unfortunately, she was interrupted by his words.

"You, concubine," He uttered the word rather nastily as he spoke towards her. "Did you offer yourself?"

"N-no."

His stare softened to a gaze as he replied gently, caressing her head as he spoke. "Poor you. I bet your father owe some kind of money, sold you to pay his debts and BAM! You ended up here with me."

She laughed at his relaxed, casual manner, making him smile as well while hearing her contagious laughter. He wondered why she laughed and asked her, expecting an answer that is connected to royalty but she was different. All she said was, "I thought that you are feeling down right now but when I see you laugh so sincerely, I must be wrong to think that you are depressed."

His eyes widened, hearing the words she uttered and patted her back unexpectedly. Ji Hyo blushed even redder at the sudden contact and looked towards the window, trying to distract herself from thoughts about him and her. Together. She was too shy to say something and even if she did, it would be too soft and he had to inch towards her to know what she say, which will make her more uncomfortable.

She hugged herself, trying to keep herself warm as she rubbed her hands together. All of a sudden, she felt warmth radiating out from his hands as he gently wrapped her with a blanket. "I will bring you some clothes," Jong Kook smiled as he ruffled her hair again. "I don't know why, but, I like touching your hair. It's so addicting. Wait do I sound like a ert-"

Ji Hyo burst into laughter again as he showed her his different sides naturally as if they had known each other for a long time. He finally noticed that she was still hardly wearing any clothes and immediately went out to retrieve it for her, blushing while stammering his apologies. Her smile was gone when he stepped outside, remembering why she ended up here in the first place.

 

Flashback

 

"Okay, like how about tomorrow at 2pm at that cafe nearby our campus?" Ji Hyo grinned in anticipation as she waited for her best friend, Min Young to answer. " Really, you can make it this time? Thanks girl. Well, talk to you soon!"

"Final

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter