Last Act

Last Act

"I'm done with this."

Those words... I never expected to hear those words come from his mouth. They were enough to shatter my heart into thousands of pieces. At first, I didn't know what I should do. I just stood there, staring intensely into his back. He didn't even want to look at me anymore. He was done, and I knew that, but there was just a small part in my head that maybe I could get him to change his mind.

"Please... Tell me what I did wrong... I can change it, I swear I can. Just please... Don't just throw me away like this." I pleaded, but I should of known the answer since I must have said this same line over and over again.

"How many times do I gotta tell you?" He turned around with his arms crossed over his chest, his onyx eyes gone cold as ice. "We never spend time together anymore and when we do, we don't even speak. I always have to start the conversations. I always have to be the one to make the first move. You don't even seem like you are my boyfriend the way you always so silent and reserved around me. I just... I can't do this anymore. Now, just go home and don't call me ever again."

I couldn't even look at him in the eyes as he said those final words. I knew that he was dead-set on this. There was no going back to how we was before. We weren't always this distant, but ever since my parents died in that accident, I started to become a recluse. Of course, he'd come over to my house to check up on me, make me dinner, and then leave for his part-time job at a family restaurant, but... It just wasn't enough, and I know it wasn't. I never meant to be so cold towards him, shrugging him off, pretty much using him while he tried to make this work. I just wasn't putting any effort into this. I know I should have, I regret it with all of my heart. I just wanted another chance since I did love him. I have loved him ever since I first met him three years ago.

"Junsu-yah... You know that I didn't mean to be like this... If I could have changed the past, I would have. If I could of stopped my parents from driving that night, I would have. If I could of stopped that man from drinking in that bar and getting into his truck, I would have! You can't blame me for being like this..."

He just stared at me and shook his head. "Goodbye, Chansung."

Watching him walk off like was one of the hardest things I've ever watched. I just wanted to turn back time so I could have changed my reclusive ways, but I couldn't. I just slumped down to the concrete sidewalk, trying hard not to let any tears fall as he left me. I kept my head down in shame, cars passing by quickly to my right, people trying to walk around me. I could hear their quiet conversations saying that 'that man is pathetic' and 'is he gonna be alright?' Shaking my head a little, I looked up. The man I still loved was still in view, but he was getting farther and farther away. It pained the pieces of my shattered heart tenfold. Somehow, I managed to pull my broken self off the sidewalk and began walking in the same direction as him. I started just walking normally at first, but then changed my pace a little faster, then a little faster, until I was sprinting towards Junsu. I began to call out his name, but as I thought, he never turned around. About the fifth time I called out to him, he just yelled back,"Stop ing following me!" As much as that hurt, I continued on. It wasn't much longer until he finally got to an intersection that didn't allow him to walk that I finally caught up to him, panting for air. He turned around, his eyes must have been what hell looks like when it's frozen over. "What part of 'stop ing following me' didn't you understand, ?!"

"J-Junsu... Ju-Just give me... Ah... O-One more chance... Th-That's all I'm asking..." I sputtered out inbetween pants.

He turned around in disgust and stormed across the street. I stared up at the lights, the lights still hadn't changed for the pedestrians. I quickly glanced over to the figure still walking hastily across the long walkpath. It felt like time had slowed down as I peered to my left, watching a huge semi coming closer to the intersection, right where Junsu was about to walk. I shouted out to him, but he didn't shout or anything, he just continued walking. I knew that wasn't going to change anything so I had no choice. I ran out into the road as fast as I could and shoved him out of harm's way just in time for the semi to hit.

Unfortunately, I don't know whether I got my hopes of the man I loved to come to my side, saying he was sorry, wishing I didn't do that, or saying he always loved me right before I entered that white light. I'd like to think that happened before I died, but, it probably didn't. It just happened so quickly, but I was glad that I saved him, Kim Junsu, from almost losing his life. That was my last act for him in desperation that he'd actually state the words 'I love you, Chansung' one more time.