The One Word I Want to Hear

Sharapova's Grunt

She gave her lover a long and passionate kiss before breaking away, “I am so proud of you. Win or lose, you will always have me at the finish line.”

The other girl laughed, “Tae I am playing tennis not running a race. There is no finish line. Just win or lose.”

Taeyeon continued to hold her lover, “Well whatever it is. I will be there for you this time.”

Jessica gave Taeyeon a peck, “That gives me lots of strength.”

“Okay you should get going. I will see you there. Just focus on the match and nothing else even if this beautiful singer happens to be in the audience today.”

Jessica pulled Taeyeon’s head closer and gave her a deep long kiss, “I love you and happy anniversary. I will see you after right?”

Taeyeon grinned, “Of course! I wouldn’t ditch you on our special day.”

Jessica gave Taeyeon one last kiss, “I love you so much.”

Taeyeon held onto Jessica’s hand a bit longer, “I love you too.” The two hands reluctantly parted while Jessica went to her car to head to the tournament arena. Both couldn’t believe that they made it this far with their relationship. It was unexpected that they met at the Korean Open in the Seoul Olympic Park Tennis Center and became lovers but here they are again. It was like their start all over again but the love between them was growing into something more amazing each day.

 

Jessica waited in her locker room alone before her coach joined her, “Nervous?”

“I don’t think those feelings ever go away.”

Her coach laughed, “I guess you are right. Anything could happen. You could have an off day and they play very well or they have a bad day and everything goes smoothly. All you can do is trust yourself and your skills.”

“I think you give this speech every time I make it to the finals.”

Both of them laughed, “You might be right. Does it help?”

“Somehow it still does after all these years.”

“I am going to miss this with you.”

“You make it sound like this is my last game.”

“I know this one isn’t but I just want you to know until that day, that I have always enjoyed coaching you. No matter what happens, just do what you always do. Ignore everything else and focus.”

Jessica picked up her tennis bag and stood up, “That is what I am good at doing best.”

Jessica and her coach were ready to enter the stadium but the security guards told them to stop, “What is going on?”

“A bunch of reporters are blocking the entrance right now. We are trying to clear them out at the moment.”

“Reporters? There are only a few sometimes. What is going on?”

Jessica’s coach made her face him, “Put these on and walk out.”

Jessica looked down to what her coach gave her, “Headphones? Why?”

“Trust me. Just put these on and focus on your match. No need to hear what the reporters are saying. This is your time and your time only. You and that court nothing else. You got that.”

Jessica knew there was something suspicious going on but her coach never would give her this advice without his own reasons so she listened. With headphones on and the music turned up, Jessica entered the stadium with lights blinding her way.

 

-------------------

 

Taeyeon entered her van holding the box in her hands. She was nervous about today but at the same time she knew this would be the happiest day of her life. It took her this long to understand Jessica’s words during her first rejection but it didn’t make this decision any easier.

The van parked but before Taeyeon exited, her manager pumped his fist, “Taeyeon fighting!”

Taeyeon laughed before the doors opened and her body guards started to form a clear path towards the entrance of the stadium.

Microphones were being thrown into her face and pictures were being taken by all the bystanders, “Taeyeon when did your interest in tennis start?”

Taeyeon took a deep breath before facing a group of reporters, “It may be surprising to why I am here today but I am here to see my favorite tennis player and current girlfriend.”

The reporters went wild throwing a fury of questions, “Are rumors true that you and Jessica Jung are dating?”

Taeyeon gave her best smile, “Yes. Kim Taeyeon and Jessica Jung are dating. I hope you respect our privacy and let her focus on the match today.” With that last statement Taeyeon entered the private entrance for the VIPs. As soon as she made it to her seat she finally felt like she was able to breathe. Her heart felt lighter but at the same time, she knew she started a huge storm to come.

Taeyeon looked around and saw many reporters by Jessica’s entrance onto the courts. She suddenly became nervous about her decision to tell the reporters before the match. What if this was a distraction for Jessica? However, all doubts went away when she saw her girlfriend enter with headphones on, “That is right Jessica. Just ignore them and win this match for us.”

Taeyeon watched the match carefully and her eyes never left Jessica. It was like her eyes were always attached to her like they were never meant to look away. Today was a tough match and she could see the fatigue in Jessica’s eyes but one thing she loved about her tennis star was that Jessica’s determination and stubbornness would make sure she would never back down. She was always ready to give her all to win because she was not made to lose.

The last was made and Jessica fell to her knees when she saw her opponent miss, “Yes!!!” The crowd went wild. It was the first time in many years that a Korean won on their home soil in tennis. The reporters flooded the courts after the two players shook hands, “Jessica how does the win feel?”

She was still catching her breath, “Like always it was a tough match but I couldn’t be happier with the results.”

“What about you and Taeyeon? It was confirmed that you two were dating...” As the words left the reporter’s mouth, Jessica’s eyes went up to look at Taeyeon who was smiling like a dork. The dork she loved just broke the news to the reporters. Jessica pushed the reporters aside and ran up into the seating area and up to Taeyeon.

“Congratulations!” Jessica cut Taeyeon off with a kiss.

“You told them so this is okay right?”

Taeyeon smiled and went down on one knee, “Jessica I can’t believe I was such an idiot for so long but I finally get it. What is more important than love...I can answer that. For so long I loved you and you loved me but now I realize that isn’t what love is about. Jessica I love you to the point I am willing to sacrifice for our love. I love you so much that I will risk my career to be with you. Jessica Jung I love you so much to ask you for your hand in marriage. Will you marry me because now I have nothing left but you?”

Jessica was on the verge of tears while she helped Taeyeon get up, “I didn’t notice the ring wasn’t around your neck. I feel so stupid.”

“Well?”

“Taeyeon I love you so much. I would be stupid to turn down the love of my life if she asked me for my hand in marriage.” Jessica kissed Taeyeon long and hard. They both ignored the audience they had and the pictures that were going to be taken. It was their time and the rest of the world didn’t matter.

After Taeyeon slipped the ring on Jessica’s finger the two were escorted out of the stadium by Taeyeon’s bodyguards that were hired for the day since her company knew her plans for several days now. The two made it to the car never breaking their hands from each other’s grasp. Jessica saw that they were not making their way home, “where are we going?”

“Well you didn’t get changed and stink so we are going to clean you up and celebrate your win, our anniversary, and engagement...did I miss anything?”

Jessica looked down at the ring on her finger, “I feel like my gift for our anniversary compared to the one you gave me.”

Taeyeon leaned to give Jessica a kiss on her cheek, “What do you mean? You finally said ‘yes’ and that might be the best gift you could ever give me.”

Jessica smiled at her lover fiancé while gripping her hand tighter, “I am just glad you didn’t make me wait that long.” Taeyeon just laughed at Jessica’s statement. She had one stubborn fiancé and she knew she wouldn’t have it any other way.

 


Author's Note

I wasn't answering your responses because most of you were wrong. I would never break up my taengsic couple!! But something else will go down during Wimbeldon so stay tuned...the drama  I mean the story isn't over yet! Hehe your author likes surprises. 

No recent upvotes :( but some new subscribers! Yay!