Leave it Behind

Sharapova's Grunt

Jessica plopped down on her couch completely exhausted from the endless meetings she had to attend with her publicist and agency. In one day, her month was booked solid with interviews, photo shoots, and other random endorsement campaigns. She liked that her bank account will soon skyrocket but at the cost of any free time she possibly had. Jessica took out her phone to look at the time, “3am…what a horrible day after coming back.” The girl groaned in frustration because she had to leave the house again in 3 hours to catch a ferry to an island for a photo spread.

 

Her phone buzzed again and she slowly opened her eyes to see her phone read 5:30. After rolling around in her bed for a good ten minutes, Jessica finally got up. Last night she was too tired to read through her missed messages so she glanced them over while in the car on the way to the port. It didn’t surprise her to see several missed calls from Taeyeon and a few messages, but yesterday she didn’t have a second alone to call her or even send a quick message back.

After getting on the ferry, Jessica excused herself to the bathroom. She quickly picked up her phone and tried calling Taeyeon, “Humm Sica?” Jessica could hear that she just woke Taeyeon up but she didn’t care, she needed to talk to the girl at this moment.

“Tae…I am so sorry about last night.”

“It is fine. Are you okay?”

“I am about to go crazy right now.”

“Humm? Where are you? What’s wrong?”

“I came back and they made me busier than ever. I just want to be with you for a little while but they didn’t waste any time booking my next month up.”

“What about practice?”

“It is in that schedule too but they are allowing photographers to come. I don’t practice well when others are watching.”

“Did you say something about that? You can’t afford to let your game go downhill.”

“I tried but I am under contract.”

“…that must be tough.”

*knock*knock*

“Hold up,” Jessica yelled back at the knocking, “I am almost done!” She then returned to talking to the girl on the phone, “Is your tour done?”

“Yes. I have a few days to rest and then a recording for an OST.”

“Tae…”

“Yes?”

“How do you deal with all this pressure?”

“You mean the endless schedules?”

“And all the fans…”

“I suppose you have more of those too now huh? Well…I am not sure. I liked to consume myself in work. It made me happy. The fans...I am still not used to it.”

“I see….but I don’t like this work. I wouldn’t mind if it was just tennis but all this stuff is stressing me out and taking me away from things I like…including someone I love.”

Jessica heard laughing on the other line, “That person must be lucky to be loved by you.”

“I hope she is.” Jessica heard her manager calling for her, “I think we arrived. I will call you when I can but it might be a while till I can see you again.”

“I can’t tell what is worse. You being 7,000 miles away in America or only a few miles away in Korea without me being able to see you.”

“Both are equally bad. I miss you so much right now.”

“I know babe. Hold on a bit longer. We will get to see each other soon.”

With a heavy heart the two lovers hung up the phone. Jessica came out of the bathroom and followed her manager towards the meeting room.

 

-----------

 

Taeyeon looked up at the billboard to see a girl that was perfectly sculpted and had the features that would make any one who laid eyes on her, melt. She sighed and thought about the times her hands were able to touch her smooth skin and trace the features on that body. Taeyeon wondered if those times were just a fantasy or a faded memory. Her memories of Jessica were becoming just of those she saw in pictures and on TV. The touch of the other girl’s skin was a feeling she was forgetting, but that was how the relationship was going thus far. Taeyeon was in love with the most sought after CF model and tennis player in Korea.

Taeyeon turned around to see that she was still in her empty dressing room after performing the new OST that she had done. Memories came back to when Jessica surprised her in New York 2 months ago but since then there were no more surprises or visits. Every time Jessica said she could come, she got swept away with work. It was either practice, modeling or a new tournament that Jessica had to go to. However, they did still contact one another often but Taeyeon didn’t want just an electronic relationship. She wanted to hold the girl she loved in her arms. She just hoped the other would return to her arms soon.

 

--------------------

 

Jessica was sitting in the gym next to her friend Yuri. The past two months she felt like she was being watched like a hawk and it was eating up at her that she couldn’t get any alone time these days. “Yuri?”

“What’s up?”

“You don’t mind the cameras while you workout?”

Yuri looked up and saw the mass of people finding any available window to take pictures of Jessica, “Not if you ignore them.”

“I want to run away.”

“Where would you go?”

“I am not sure. I just want to.”

“What about your agency?”

“I want to fire everyone in that retched place.”

“Haha. Okay if they didn’t own you, I don’t see why not. Just leave all of this.”

“I am not joking this time. I’ve had it.”

“Do you have a tournament coming up?”

“I have ones I could enter but my coach doesn’t pressure me to at this time. It is my time to practice and prepare for the bigger tournaments in March.”

“Is that why I don’t see you these days? You are busier with CFs than practice now?”

“Yes and I am dying every day inside. I hate the fake smiles and sleepless nights.”

 “Then run away. Just do it. If your agency really wants to keep you, then they will just give you a fine and brush the incident away.”

“You make it sound easy.”

“Because it is easy Jessica. You just buy a ticket and sneak away at night.”

“Yuri you are really a great friend.”

“I will always have your best interests in heart. Just remember that.”

“I never forgot that.”

 

-----------------------------

 

Taeyeon was slumped down on her couch channel surfing. She had a pretty relaxed schedule these days and it was not something she wished for. Taeyeon rather have a packed schedule than one that allowed her to sit at home and think of Jessica all the time.

A noise came from the door like someone was entering which startled Taeyeon who immediately hopped off the couch to face the intruder, “Sica!!” She was surprised but excited at the same time.

Jessica however seemed to be in a hurry, “No time to talk Taeyeon,” the girl walked hastily past Taeyeon and towards the bedroom.

Taeyeon was confused and just followed her girlfriend into the bedroom, “Why are you here?” She noticed that Jessica pulled out her suitcase and was putting random clothes in it, “Am I going somewhere?”

She heard Jessica from the bathroom, “we are going somewhere.” After Jessica took some of Taeyeon’s personal care items and threw them in the suitcase, she closed it and gave Taeyeon a jacket, “here put this on.” Taeyeon just listened to the demands of the girl. Jessica then proceeded to take her hand and led her to the door with the suitcase in tow.

 

Taeyeon and Jessica were in the car going somewhere, “Jessica are you going to tell me now where we are going? You just dragged me out of my home after not seeing you for months…”

“I am kidnapping Korea’s number one singer,” Jessica flashed her a smile, “I hope she doesn’t mind?”

Taeyeon smiled, “not as long as my kidnapper is this hot.”

 


Author's Note

Special chapter for getting 300 subscribers!!! Thank you so much readers!!! Also, almost 50 upvotes!! Thank you so much for liking my story. I hope to give you faster updates in the future ^^