Everything You Don't Know

L.O.V.E Unrequited

 

 

 

It was still early in the morning when Kim Taeyeon's alarm clock started buzzing to life. She quickly smacked it and stopped it, she looked to ceiling. Another day.

She got up from bed and went to the bathroom, took a long shower, brushed her teeth, put on some clothes and got out. She wasn't going to classes today. She was a bit tired and needed some rest. Plus it seemed like a small cold might been creeping up lately. She went to the pharmacy and bought some pills, then she went to the supermarket and bought some snacks and instant meals. Taeyeon was not the best cook. She thought about Tiffany while in the supermarket. She remembered how their first meeting was so strange but the truth is Taeyeon also doesn't know how Tiffany found out she's into girls. She's just happy she never told anyone, also Tiffany as become a great friend. Friend... That word hurt Taeyeon the most. She doesn't want to be just her friend, she wants to be more...

She wants to be her lover , her confidant she wants to be the person Tiffany will think of before going to sleep. But she's afraid. She can't simply tell Tiffany all this. She doesn't know how Tiffany would react? Disgusted? Heartbroken? Taeyeon has no idea so she keeps her feelings to herself, after all they've been through Taeyeon doesn't want to lose her best friend. 

 

Taeyeon was back home, she put the groceries in the kitchen and went to the living room. Her unit was small but cozy, one could easily feel comfortable in it.

She sat in the couch and the TV. She put it on the music channel and laid down on the couch. It wasn't long before Taeyeon was already asleep again.

Taeyeon's dreams. The only place where she and Tiffany were happy. She knew they were dreams but still she had to indulge herself somehow.

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon's seat. Empty... She got out of the first period classes called Taeyeon.

Taeyeon was sleeping soundly and with a erted smile on her face when her phone started to ring. She grabbed it and pushed the answer button. She put the phone to her ear while still laying down on the couch.

 

-"Kim Taeyeon where are you today?" Tiffany asked.

 

Kim Taeyeon eh? Tiffany only called her that when she was trully pissed off.

 

-"Home..." Taeyeon said lazyingly.

 

-"I'm going there right now!" Tiffany said in a annoyed tone.

 

-"What? What? No, no" Taeyeon suddenly jumped up from the couch.

 

-"I'll go there. Are you sick?" Tiffany said.

 

-"I'm having an headache but nothing much" Taeyeon said.

 

-"I'm going there and that's it" Tiffany said.

 

-"What about classes?" Taeyeon asked.

 

-"Doesn't matter if it's you" Tiffany said.

 

Taeyeon blushed with the phone on her ear. Hearing those words. How she longed for them to be directed at her as more then a friend.

 

-"Okay..." Taeyeon said as she laid down on the couch again.

 

Tiffany hung up and looked around. She was going to miss classes for the first time in her life...

But it was Taeyeon, it was her best friend she needed to take care of her. Is it just care? Doens't Tiffany feel anything else for Taeyeon?

She wanted to make herself believe that no, she did not feel anything else for Kim Taeyeon.

Tiffany left the University and went to the station.

 

Meanwhile Taeyeon got up from the couch, she started having a massive headache, she took a couple of aspirines, turned off the TV and went to the bedroom, she closed the curtains and laid down. She thought of how messy her room was, and how messy the whole house was. She couldn't believe Tiffany would come here and see it like this. This was not how she planned for Tiffany to visit her place at all. Still why was she so worried? They were only friends anyways...

 

45 minutes later the doorbell rang, Taeyeon was woken up by it. She looked at her phone there were several messages from Tiffany telling her to open the door. Taeyeon lazingly and strenghtlessly got up from bed and went to the intercom she pressed the button, opened the door and went to the couch. She laid down and fell asleep again. Tiffany got out from the elevator and noticed the door open, she went inside and took off her shoes. She went to the living room.

Taeyeon was sleeping in the couch. She looked at her sleeping so soundly and almost innocently if was not for the drool coming out of . Tiffany chuckled at the sight. She put her hand in Taeyeon's forehead and checked her temperature. She was burning up. Tiffany carried Taeyeon bridal style to the bedroom where she put Taeyeon in bed. She looked at her so beautiful and cute. Tiffany went to the kitchen. She noticed the pills Taeyeon had bought. She looked around the kitchen. All there was, was snacks and instant food, which is not the best thing to eat when you're sick. Tiffany went to the bedroom again and tucked in Taeyeon, before grabbing her bag and leaving the house to buy some quality food.

 

Tiffany went to a small grocery store around the corner next to the building. She bought some things and left. She got back to the house and put the groceries on top of the kitchen counter, she put the instant food boxes inside the cabinet and looked around for an apron. She found a small black apron. She looked at it. It was so cute almost seemed like a kid's apron. Why does Taeyeon have it even though she doesn't know how to cook? Tiffany started preparing some porridge for Taeyeon.  Taeyeon was soundly asleep in the bedroom when Tiffany finished cooking the porridge. Tiffany went to the bedroom and woke up Taeyeon.

 

-"Tae" Tiffany called while patting Taeyeon.

 

-"Tae, you have to eat something" Tiffany said.

 

-"Fany" Taeyeon said as she got up. She rubbed her eyes much like a kid and looked arround.

 

-"How come I'm in the bedroom?" Taeyeon asked with a sleepy face.

 

-"I put you here" Tiffany said.

 

-"How?" Taeyeon asked.

 

-"Bridal style" Tiffany answered.

 

-"Uh? Okay..." Taeyeon muttered as she blushed.

 

-"C'mon I made some porridge" Tiffany said.

 

-"How? With,what?" Taeyeon asked.

 

-"I went to the grocery store" Tiffany answered.

 

Taeyeon got up from the bed and went to the kitchen she sat in one of the chairs of the small four seat table. Tiffany put her a nice filled plate of porridge in front of her. 

 

-"Eat" Tiffany said as she sat across Taeyeon. 

 

Taeyeon grabbed the spoon and tasted it.

 

-"It's good!" Taeyeon said surprised.

 

-"Yeah well not all of us are failures in the kitchen" Tiffany said smiling.

 

-"Where did you learn how to make this?" Taeyeon asked.

 

-"My mom used to do it for me" Tiffany answered as she put her palm and her chin. Taeyeon looked so cute while eating.

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany. Their eyes met and Taeyeon couldn't help but blush. Tiffany though was left wondering why Taeyeon blushed.

 

-"Aren't you going back to classes?" Taeyeon asked.

 

-"What for?" Tiffany asked.

 

-"Well..."Taeyeon couldn't answer.

 

-"You know I'm gonna sleep more right?" Taeyeon said.

 

-"Yeah" Tiffany answered.

 

-"Right. So you are?" Taeyeon answered.

 

-"Be here until you're feeling better" Tiffany answered.

 

-"Sure..." Taeyeon muttered.

 

Taeyeon could slowly feel the awkwardness level rising. Tiffany came here? Why? Because? There was no reason. Not even Tiffany knew what she was doing here.

 

-"Take the pills and go to sleep" Tiffany said while smiling.

 

Taeyeon filled a glass with water and took a couple of pills, then she slowly walked back to the bedroom where she laid down in bed again and went to sleep few seconds later. Tiffany did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. Then she went to the bedroom to check out on Taeyeon. When she got there Taeyeon was shivering with cold. She sat beside Taeyeon and put her hand in her forehead. Even though she had just taken the pills her fever was a bit worse.

Tiffany thought of calling someone to help but as she was leaving Taeyeon instinctively grabbed her hand and pulled her.

 

-"Fany..." She said in a low voice.

 

-"Don't go anywhere" Taeyeon said.

 

-"I'm not going anywhere" Tiffany answered. Taeyeon was surely dreaming.

 

-"Tiffany...I,I, I love you..." Taeyeon said. She was delirious, Tiffany though was surprised...She didn't expect...

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon. She looked awful. Tiffany laid down beside her and hugged her hoping she would stop shivering from the cold.

A few minutes later Taeyeon was already sound asleep and Tiffany went to the living room. She...did not see that one coming.

Taeyeon loves her? As a friend? No, the way she said it she meant it as more than a friend even if she was delirious. Could the feeling Tiffany had also be love?