While You Are Out

L.O.V.E Unrequited

 

 

 

While Yuri went to her date. Yoona was left alone in the arcade. She looked around. It was boring. She had already played all the games. She left through the backdoor not forgetting to lock it. She went for a stroll through the streets. Yoona noticed the university students on the streets. She wondered about Seohyun.

Maybe she should've went to school. Yoona felt so...lost, she couldn't understand any of it. Seohyun was actually the first girl she had ever fallen in love with.

At least to this extent. Yoona sat in a wodden bench. She looked up to the sky. The weather was nice today. She wondered if Seohyun missed her. If she was even thinking about her at that very moment. She wanted to know...

 

Yoona walked back to the arcade. As she was going to the alley to open the backdoor. She noticed a familiar figure peeking inside the arcade. She walked up to the girl. Yoona touched her shoulder and the girl was surprised.

 

-"Omo!" She let out.

 

-"It's me" Yoona assured.

 

-"Yoona, I..." Seohyun said.

 

-"Come inside" Yoona said as she walked beside Seohyun.

 

They went inside the closed arcade. And Yoona offered a seat to Seohyun in one of the high stools by the counter.

 

-"I'll make you something" Yoona said.

 

-"Yoona, I..." Seohyun again said.

 

-"Why didn't I go to school?" Yoona said.

 

Seohyun was surprised.

 

-"Yes..." Seohyun answered.

 

-"Well...I guess, I wasn't okay" Yoona said as she continued what she was doing.

 

-"I was worried..." Seohyun muttered.

 

-"You were?" Yoona asked.

 

-"Of course I was, I promised to take care of you in classes, to help you...but I failed" Seohyun said.

 

-"Why do you say that?" Yoona asked as she finished the hot choco and gave it to Seohyun.

 

-"Because I'm the reason you missed classes..." Seohyun said as she looked down.

 

-"Well...you are not the reason" Yoona said smiling.

 

Seohyun knew the girl was lying. Her smile, a fake smile.

 

-"Yoona...don't lie to me" Seohyun said.

 

-"I'm not lying" Yoona said.

 

-"I guess...I just had the wrong feelings for you" Yoona said.

 

-"Yoona..." Seohyun said.

 

Why? Why did it hurt her so much to see Yoona like this? Why did she have a unbearable will of just hugging the other girl? To tell her everything would be fine.

Why? Seohyun was searching for the answer to such a question deep within herself. She didn't knew when. But somehow, somwhere, she had developed feelings.

Feelings she was now trying to cope with. But it was not easy.

 

-"You said you like me" Seohyun said.

 

-"I'm sorry I said that, I guess...I was stupid to say that" Yoona said.

 

"You, weren't" Seohyun thought.

 

-"Did you mean it?" Seohyun asked.

 

-"What?" Yoona asked.

 

-"Those words? Those feelings?" Seohyun asked.

 

-"I...I...did" Yoona said.

 

A silence fell.

 

-"Say it again" Seohyun suddenly said.