Ferocious.

Fanboy meets Author.

Chapter 8: Ferocious.

 

I peeped through the curtains and saw that the people were already swarming. My impish eyes moved back and forth at the open area trying to look for a familiar feature… No luck.

“Kris! Time to fix your hair.” Our noona coordi said, tugging my shirt. I took another glance before giving up and follow our noona coordi to the tent.

“Any luck, Hyung?” Tao said.

I shook my head. He patted my back and left as he was called to change to the first costume.

 

“THE SHOW IS ABOUT TO START GUYS! BE READY!” Our stage coordinator shouted from a distance. Suddenly everything was moving fast. Everyone was in a hurry to finish doing us before the show starts.

 

We’ve had lots of exposure already; a small show didn’t scare us anymore so I let my mind wander to her. I am bemused at her remaining features. I want to get a clear picture of this author that I am absurdly fond of.

 

“POSITIONS EVERYONE!”

 

This is it.

 

Blinded by the spotlight, I squint my eyes waiting for it to adjust. The loud screams of the crowd fueled our hype and once again, me and my brothers were conquering the stage.

 

When a howling sound resonated from the speakers, they knew, Wolf was the first song. Everyone got wild and we danced to our groove the fans were doing their fan chant that I really liked. It sounds… cute.

 

My eyes were now well adjusted and I can see them clearly especially those in the SVIP section. I felt excited, I don’t know why but this hunt for my favorite author have greatly piqued my interest. I have so many questions to ask her like why is she being condemned? Why isn’t she a fan? What’s so unattractive about us? What did she mean when she said she doesn’t remember having that box? And many many more.

 

Wolf just ended and Growl was up next.

 

Again, when they heard the beat they went wild again except for this girl that caught my attention.

 

She was at the SVIP section being pushed around by a group of boys and there’s this other girl trying to help her out. Getting involved in to things that are out of my league isn’t my style, so when I was about to shake off what I saw, the rays of the setting sun strike past her the exact moment she turns her back from the stage.

 

Suddenly, everyone fades out. The music, the crowd, the show. It was just her. Spotlight on her. It was really her. My favorite author. It was just her in a greenfield of tulips. I felt something inside me stop and something started. I’m just not quite sure what it is.

 

When everything faded back in thank goodness I was still completely in sync with the music and the dance steps. We jump, we turned around, whatever the step was my eyes were only focused on her.

 

My eyes widen when a guy beside her drapes his arm over her shoulder. A felt a turmoil building inside my chest and I wanted to punch the guy.

 

Get off of her.

 

Neol norineun siseondeul nae ane ireonan geosen soyong dori

(All of the eyes that want you makes a rough swirling wind arise within me)

 

I sang every line with full power almost over powering our main vocals. Through my peripheral vision, I see everyone notices it and they give me an odd look but I didn’t mind them. My eyes were locked at her trying to capture every feature of her into my memory but I couldn’t focus well.

 

Geunyeo gyeotesso moduda mulleona ije jogeumssik sanawojinda

(Everyone get away from her side because I’m getting a bit more ferocious)

 

The guys around her distracted me.

 

Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae

Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae

(I growl, growl, growl x3)

 

I felt my my gaze sharpen. If only looks could kill..

 

Geu nyeo gyeotesso moduda mulleona ijenj ogeum sshig sana woji nikka

(Stay away from her everyone, I’m starting to get wild now.)

 

Even if it wasn’t my line I’d still sing them under my breath hoping those jerks might take a hint and get away from her. But they don’t.

1455133_548814778521612_225946014_n.jpg

Luckily the next line was mine so I am allowed to do adlibs. I smirked.

I moved out of the circle and went in the middle, I didn’t care how arrogant I looked but I glowered at their spot and pointed my finger at them.

 

Da mulleo seoji anheu myeon dachyeodo molla

(You might get hurt if you don’t step back.)

 

Now that was satisfying. I went back to my next blocking and saw people around them whispering and the stubborn guy poking and pushing her around stopped to look at the stage, trying to finding me. When our eyes met, I gave him an intimidating look before sneering at him.


He stepped back and I smile. I won.