Chapter 6

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer : Slight mention of underage drinking here. Only slight :)

=============================================================================================================================“"KIM CHAEWON!” The familiar voice rang inside the girl’s head as she struggled to walk inside the house, staggering with her steps.

    “The heck do you think you’re doing?! Going out to drink and coming home this late,” Eunbi scolded the younger girl as she helped her take her shoes off.

   “You do know you have school tomorrow, right?” The continuous scolding fell on deaf ears. The only thing on Chaewon’s mind was how happy Wonyoung looked with Yujin and how much hurt she hid the last few hours. Ah, it hurts.

   Before Eunbi could continue scolding the younger girl, she noticed tears flowing down the girl’s porcelain cheeks. Eunbi immediately hugged the girl tightly as the younger sobbed in her embrace.

   The next morning, Chaewon woke up with a severe headache.

  ‘Aish! I drank too much,' she mentally cursed herself.

   Slowly, she got up, holding her head. She waited for a bit at the side of the bed for the pain to lessen before washing up. She was used to being drunk so hangovers doesn’t affect her that much. The girl headed downstairs to be greeted by the smell of freshly cooked pancakes from the kitchen.

   Holding her throbbing head, she directed her steps to the kitchen.

   “Good morning, Chaewon!” the raven haired girl greeted as she poured maple syrup all over the stack of pancakes.

   Kwon Eunbi or Eunbi was Chaewon’s lovely cousin and also used to be the school council president when she was a freshman. She was currently staying with her cousin after the older girl found a place to stay, inviting her to join her in the process. Chaewon, who was dying and longed to leave her empty house, accepted it without any hesitation.

   The older girl pushed a bowl of soup towards Chaewon, “Here. Hangover soup. Eat it before it gets cold,”

   Chaewon could only smile gratefully as she took a spoonful of the soup. The bitter taste of the same soup she has every time she gets drunk filled her taste buds. The girl grimaced at the exotic taste as she tried her best to finish it, again.

   “Now, mind telling me what happened for you to actually be getting drunk again?”

   Chaewon didn’t answer.

   “Is it Wonyoung?”

   Again, she didn’t answer.

   Knowing Chaewon, the girl was certainly in a foul mood so the older girl decided to leave her be. She knew Chaewon would talk sometime later. “I’ll send you to school since you’re in no condition to drive again. I already told Sakura, Nako and Yuri about this too,”

   Chaewon only hummed in response as she stared blankly at the soup.

   At school, Chaewon stayed at her seat in the lounge and stared at the walls, mindlessly, without minding her three friends who were watching her, worriedly.

   “Chaewon.... “ Sakura uttered softly as she called out to the girl.

   At first, Sakura didn’t expect her to respond but she gave a short but cold reply, “What?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter