Chapter 4

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon leaned on her car’s door parked in front of a certain brunette’s house on a Sunday morning. The athlete was sporting a blue hoodie with a black cap paired with skinny ripped jeans as she waited for Wonyoung to come out. She took a glance from her watch.

10.58 a.m.

  Chaewon may not look excited but deep down she was greatly ecstatic on how she managed to ask her crush out, knowing how busy the younger girl usually is. It’s been a while since the two went out together and Chaewon wanted to make it worthwhile for both of them. After all, a chance like this shouldn’t be wasted.

   The sound of the door creaking open caught the red head’s attention. She lifted her head up.

   A tall figure appeared as she waved towards the red head. Chaewon still couldn’t believe how effortlessly beautiful the junior was. The younger girl wore a pastel pink sweatshirt and a pair of white shorts. It was simple. But it still made Chaewon’s heart go crazy at the sight.

   “Am I late? ” Wonyoung asked as she slowly walked up towards the latter after locking the door, tucking the key into the pocket of her shorts.

   “No. You’re on time. As always,” Chaewon smiled as she opened the car door for the latter, motioning the younger girl to enter.

   The two girls had lunch together first at one of the finest restaurants in town. Chaewon is rich after all. They lightly conversed about various topics like how Wonyoung finally adopting a pet hamster and naming it Hamtaro or how Wonyoung finished watching a recent drama. It was mostly about the younger girl but Chaewon didn’t care. She was too lovestruck to care about herself. She wanted to hear more about Wonyoung, the girl that stole her heart.

   After lunch, they drove off to a popular movie theatre located in the middle of town. They entered the building and was greeted by a packed crowd. But, being Chaewon, the redhead had already purchased their tickets online, saving them time from buying in line. They sat near the fountain while waiting for the movie to start. With hands full of popcorn and drinks, the two drowned in another conversation until Wonyoung’s eyes landed on someone behind Chaewon.

  “Hey, isn’t that Yujin and Minjoo-unnie?“ the brunette pointed out to two figures who were also carrying buckets of popcorn and drinks. Her loud voice caught the attention of the two figures as they turned to the voice calling them.

   Minjoo was surprised to see Chaewon and Wonyoung there. She didn’t expect to see her crush here at the theatre. She was here because she promised Yujin that they would watch the new movie but who knew she would bump into Chaewon here.

   Noticing the two tall girls, Chaewon smiled widely especially when she saw Minjoo. The latter, however, after noticing redhead’s eyes on her immediately lowered her head in embarrassment.

   “What are you guys doing here?“ the short haired girl asked.

   “It’s a movie theatre. What else could we be doing here?” Wonyoung retorted sarcastically.

   “Geez. No need to be harsh, Miss Secretary,” Yujin raised her hands as she rolled her eyes.

   “What movie are you girls watching?” This time, Minjoo asked them.

   “Nun,” Chaewon and Wonyoung answered simultaneously.

   “Did you heard my plans or something, Jang Wonyoung? Because there’s no way we could watch the same movie at the same time,”

   The youngest of the four scoffed as she exclaimed, “Wha? I have better things to do, Miss Ahn. Besides, I’ve dying to watch this movie with someone. And it so happens Chaewon unnie asked me out today,”

   Minjoo was stunned to hear that Chaewon was the one who asked the younger girl out. Did she perhaps....

   ‘No. I mean friends ask each other out too, right?’ she thought to ease herself.

   Yujin side glanced to Minjoo who seemed like she was taken aback from Wonyoung’s statement while Chaewon was coolly playing with her phone as they conversed.

   “So. You two on a date?” asked the short haired girl.

   Furrowing her eyebrows  in confusion, Wonyoung quickly refuted, “What? No,”

   “We're just hanging out,” she simply added, without realizing the stirring emotions of the girl right beside her.

   Yujin and Minjoo was quick to notice how Chaewon was now clenching her phone so tight it could probably break in a few seconds. Chaewon felt deeply hurt by Wonyoung’s words but she knew she could never blame the younger one since she was the one who was too afraid to confess her true feelings.

   Although Yujin and Minjoo are constantly called dumb by their friends but they automatically knew Chaewon treated Wonyoung more than a friend. They had only met for a few days but the redhead’s affection and treatment towards the younger girl had always been different compared to everyone else. If Yujin and Minjoo were dense, Wonyoung definitely belonged to their group as well.

   Minjoo felt her heart clenching tightly as she realised how her crush has feelings for someone else. But she decided to hide her own emotions. She knew C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter