Oblivion

The Secret In Her Eyes
"what did you wish for?" myungsoo asked.

"i wish that we three will be together forever" she said. 
 
and they say that wishes wouldnt come true if you reveal your wish.

myungsoo didnt comment after that. "lets eat, shall we?" he said quickly as he cut the cake.

as soon as we got home, myungsun ran into her room and we followed behind her. she did a little dance and presented all her presents as she beamed.

"thats alot of gifts!" i commented.

"open our presents first" myungsoo grinned.

she sat down and glanced at her presents. she took myungsoo's gift and placed on her lap. she tore open the wrapping paper and her beam grew bigger as she saw her present.

"a brand new laptop and phone!" she stood up and hugged myungsoo. i had a flashback when myungsoo first gave me a phone when i wanted to go back to china after i had the eye surgery. back then, im really proud of myungsoo. the fact he had study hard when he has no one to look up to, and how he independently work hard to who he is today.

myungsun grab my gift and ripped it opened. it was a stack a branded clothes. since myungsun was getting older, i thought she could start wearing something a little more mature.

"this is so beautiful, si yoon. do you know that ive always liked your fashion taste?"

i smiled and shook my head. "no i never knew that. im really glad that you like it" i said and she ran up to me and hugged me.

"i love you si yoon" she mumbled.

"i love you too sweetie" i replied.

she ran back to her gifts and opened the rest. myungsoo gave me an eye contact before he stood up and left the room. i stood up and followed him into the balcony. i shut the door behind me.

he glanced out into the city and i looked at him. i braced myself as i voiced out.

"lets talk about us as mature adults. i dont want us to fight anymore." i said. he turned to me and nodded his head.

"what do you want to talk about?" he looked at me.

"do you have any plans for our marriage?"

he looked unaware of it. so its a no.

"ive been too busy to actually plan... so ive never thought about it"

"but we've been together for so long, myungsoo. we're getting old, do you know that?"

"the thing is, we're not working out-"

"thats why we're having this conversation right now. we are suppose to fix all the misunderstandings we have"

he nodded his head repeatedly but didn't say anything.

i finally said what i want to ask since years ago.

"do you still love me?" i shook my head, correcting myself, "do you even love me?"

he didnt look away. he just stare at me like he was in deep thoughts.

i gave a cold laughter. "myungsoo-"

"my feelings for the past few years was true. but, its been fading. we're not working out" he said, with a hint of sadness in his voice.

i broke down and cried. my hand held onto the railing, while crouching down, bailing my eyes out. well, i expected it. i was just in denial, hoping that he would try to save our relationship.

"i still love you myungsoo. but, thank you for all these years. sincerely. from all my heart." i stood up, wiping my tears away. he didnt say anything. i turned towards the door, ready to open it.

he held my hand from the back and made me turn and face him.

"si yoon. ive always admire you for how strong you are. im amaze by how you always adapt things so fast. and thats what i like about you. however, im sorry ive been only voicing out all the negative stuff about you. im sorry for being so rude and mean to you for the past year... and im sorry that ive been neglecting you alot. you taught me to always perservance, work hard and never to give up. if wasnt for you, i dont know where would i be today. and really, thank you for that. the past years have been wonderful. i have no regrets all these years." he said, finally crying.

ive never seen myungsoo cry before. i walked closer to him and hugged him and he immediately hugged back.

"im sorry for breaking all the promises we have made. i know im gonna regret letting you go... but i think its the best for us" he said before we parted.

i walked into the bedroom, grabbing my luggage from the closet.

"stay tonight" myungsoo came into the room and closed the door behind him.

i nodded my head and continued packing as he head into the bathroom.

once i was done packing, i turned off the lights and got into the bed, however unable to sleep.

myungsoo came in after what so felt like an hour, climbing into the bed. and then he cried himself to sleep.

never did he know i was still awake.

myungsoo woke me up early in the morning.

"you should leave before myungsun wakes up. ill explain to her" he said. i nodded my head and got changed.

i took my luggage, ready to leave the bedroom. however when i opened the door, myungsun was right outside the door. i flinched, not expecting anyone at the door, in the dark.

"wow myungsun, you scared me!" i exclaimed.

"where are you going?" she said.

"uhm, i have a business trip. didnt i tell you?" i grinned fakely.

"with your eyes all swollen like this? i heard everything yesterday." she said firmly, and then suddenly bursted into tears.

"what did oppa do to you?" she cried.

"im sorry, myungsun. we are not working out" i said and hugged her. she hugged me back.

"who is gonna wake me up? who is gonna make breakfast, lunch and dinner? who is gonna wash the laundries? who is gonna be my best friend when you are leaving me?" she muffled into my shirt.

"im sorry, myungsun. i promised ill visit you daily" i patted her, reassuring her.

"its gonna be different... is there no way you can get back with oppa?" she cried. i shook my head.

she pulled away and ran towards myungsoo as soon as she saw him.

"you are such an ! you are gonna regret this!" she shouted at his face, hitting him at the same time.

i turned to look at myungsoo. smiling for the last time, i said, "goodbye, myungsoo"

my glance turned to myungsun. she was hugging myungsoo on his side, still bawling.

"ill call you sometimes alright? see you, my little princess." i turned away, ignoring her cries, heading to the door.

i shut the door behind me and i started tearing right away.

how can i leave a family i have loved for years? its like leaving your own family without anyone else to go to.

i walked to a nearby park with my luggage and watched the sun rise while lying on the grass. ill admit it felt good, as the breeze dry the tears on my cheeks.

once it got bright, i called a taxi and went to aeri's house.

"thank you" i said to the taxi driver as i got off the car. i took the elevator up and walked to her unit. before i could press on the door bell, she opened the door, ready to head out for work.

"oh my god, si yoon?!" she exclaimed.

"what brings you here?" she asked and then glanced down to my luggage.

"did you fight with myungsoo? wow, its your first time leaving home!"

i shook my head and smiled. "we broke up" i said and her jaw dropped.

"what the ? come in, you have alot of explaining to do. do you need me to call hana over?" she said as she stood one side, allowing me to cross her into the house.

"dont you have work?" i asked.

"ah , right. wait, what about you?" she asked.

"i already called in yesterday night." i laughed.

she looked at her watch. "i still have time to take off. give me a few minutes" she said as she held her phone to her ears.

i walked into the living room and placed my luggage against the wall.

"alright, thank you" she said as she hung up.

"ill call hana right now." aeri put it on loud speaker.

"hello?" hana answered.

"can you come down right now?"

"what for? im on my way to work"

"si yoon broke up with myungsoo. shes gonna stay over-"

"what? are you ing serious? hold on . im coming" she said and hung up.

i laughed. aeri is currently dating a guy from her high school, and hana just got married to someone she met at work. time really flies.

within 10 minutes, hana appeared at the door, pressing the door bell repetitively till we opened the door.

she ran up to me and hugged me.

"are you okay?" she asked as she squeezed my cheeks.

"yes, yes" i said.

"so what the happened?" hana asked.

they already know that myungsoo and i had problems, but they never knew that we would break up. i told them everything that happened last night.

"im so sorry" aeri hugged me and hana joined in.

"thanks guys" i smiled.

"we really never expected it. i mean, you guys has been so long together. even before we met you. i even already married my husband who ive met for like only 2 years?" hana said.

"remember those days when si yoon tease both of us for being single? look who is single now!" aeri said and we all laughed.

"i guess its karma," i grinned, "anyways, let me stay for a few days. im gonna look for a new place"

"nah, dont. stay as long as you need"

"dont your boyfriend come by often?"

she laughed. "no he doesnt. plus we havent spent much time together ever since we graduated. we're gonna have alot of bonding time on my bed" aeri winked at me. i whacked her arms playfully. hana laughed.

"do you have clothes i can borrow? lets all have a sleepover tonight!" hana beamed.

the next day, i woke up feeling dizzy, with aeri and hana on each side on the bed. what happened last night? we had a movie marathon, starting off with horror and ending with a tear-jerking movie that i still remember all of us cried our hearts out. we also had wine that time, so we were probably a crying mess.

"uhhh," hana groaned.

"good morning," i looked at her.

"what the ," she grabbed her head.

i laughed at her. "we drunk too much"

she crossed me and slapped aeri's .

"wake up fat " we giggled and she groaned.

"whoever was that, you"

all of us had a quick breakfast and got ready for work. since hana have a car, she decided to drop us off at our workplace. "bye aeri. i had a great day, but next time no drinking please" hana groaned and all of us laughed. she got off the car and the ride became silent.

"si yoon," hana turned to look at me.

"do you remember anything you said yesterday?" she asked and i shook my head.

"oh no. what did i say?"

"you said that you still love myungsoo. and you also said the luhan actually confess to you."

"i cant believe i said those out" i facepalmed myself and sighed.

"you know you dont have to bottle everything to yourself, right?"

"thanks, hana. im just really confuse, you know? i have been with myungsoo for so long, and then suddenly luhan just pops back into my life. when he confess, i swear all my feelings for him in the past came rushing back into my heart. after leaving myungsoo, i feel so broken. im so lost"

"i dont have two guys liking me, so i cant really put myself in your shoes" she laughed. "but i have one advice for you. follow your heart." she smiled and i smiled back.

"thanks for the ride. ill take your advice well. see you then," i waved and got off the car.

she wind down the window. "let me know the updates," she winked before driving off.

i turned around and sighed. i walked into the building, scanning my staff card before entering the lift lobby.

the elevator came shortly after and all of us squeezed into the elevator. with all the pushing and squeezing, the door closed shut.

"hey, hey. i was waiting for you. you aint as early today huh?" my manager said as i walked to my desk.

"sorry, i had a rough day yesterday so i kinda slept in" i said.

"alright, leave your personal feelings to your personal life. finish this report by today." he casually fling a stack of documents on my desk and turned away.

i rolled my eyes and sat down. life at work is hard. all we do is to work. we hardly interact with anyone. we are constantly thrown with documents to report with. everyday we would come to work early, face the screen for hours and then go back home. we hope there is no mistake or else we have to stay back and redo the report until the sun comes up again.

a tear fell from my eye. i never liked my job. i never liked working in a office. i only worked in a office because myungsoo does too. but today i realized working like this is actually dreadful. this isnt me.

the sun set and there were only a few of us left in the office. i was almost done with my report.

"finally!" i exclaimed while stretching after i was finally done with the report.

i walked into the manager's room and placed placed the report on his table. and then i placed my resignation letter on top of it.

i laid flat on my bed as soon as i got home. i feel so lost. i broke up with my boyfriend and i just quitted my job today. what am i gonna do with my life now?

aeri came in and laid down beside me.

"why are you home so late today?"

"i had to finish a report. but thats a normal thing anyway. what isnt normal is that i quitted my job"

"you what?" she jolted up, "what the , are you out of your mind?"

i sat up and looked at her. "its not for me, aeri. even if i didnt quit now, i eventually would sooner or later."

"well, but what are you gonna do now?" she asked.

"i think i might want to go back to china"

"you what again? oh my god, youre full of surprises" aeri facepalmed herself.

"i know this is so impulsive, but i gotta follow my heart" i said, remembering what hana said.

aeri sighed. "alright. if theres anything, please contact me. ill always welcome you home if you wanna come back." she patted my back with assurance before leaving the room.

that following week, i left korea. i rent an apartment close to the house i used to stay when i was blind. i unpacked my luggage and then laid on the bed.

"what am i gonna do with my life now?" i sighed to myself. maybe i could help out at the ice cream shop while i find another job.

i left the apartment and walked to the ice cream shop.

"welcome!" the familiar voice shouted when i entered the shop. my heart stopped. that familiar voice i wasnt expecting.