Prologue

The Secret In Her Eyes

I am blind. but I wasn't born blind. I became blind when we got into a fatal car accident.

we went on a road trip for on our school break. we hardly have time together, so my dad decided to bring us on a road trip. it was our first family trip. it only happened when we head back home. it was raining extremely heavily, and then suddenly a truck skid. we managed to avoid it. we saw the truck rolled down the cliff and into the water. the car then drove into the tunnel and we saw a car on fire that was about to explode. we were asked to pull over, and get off the car to escape out of the tunnel. I was the first to get off the car and run, turning back, i screamed

"mum!"

but everything happened too fast. we were too unlucky.

my whole family died except me. and for that, i have to pay a price. because of the pressure around me, they made me felt guilty for not dying with my family, so I occasionally cut myself and thought about committing suicide, but i was too afraid to do that.

when my family died, I had to move and lived with my aunt, specifically my dad's sister family. she is married, but she doesn't have any kids. instead, both of my aunt and uncle are always busy at work and come home late everyday. to be honest, my relatives obviously hate my existence, knowing the way they treat me. they usually beat me and blamed me for killing my whole family and not dying, and that i am a burden to them, because they had to take me in. they also said I deserved to be blind. i even had to transferred school and attend to a school for disability people. not that the teachers and students are mean, but i didnt like to be helped. i wanted to be independent. sometimes i wonder why i did to get this, but at least i was still alive.

so what i was alive? im blind, being treated like worse than a trash. ive lost my soul.

maybe its best for me to leave. im not afraid anymore, because its more scarier here being alive. Its not point living on anymore, since I lose everything. my family, my eyesight, my old life, and my soul. I feel hopeless. I wanted to end all this once and for all. I walked up to stairs to the top floor. I opened the door and felt the breeze blew through me. I want to be free like this. I walked slowly till I felt the curb. if I cross over this curb, I'll be free.

I stood there, wanting to feel the breeze more.

dad. mum. my precious brother and lovely sister. I'll meet you guys again. we'll be together again. I inhaled my last breath and closed my eyes before I took a step forward.


hey guys! I finally edited it :-) school has been busy as usual so i didnt have time to update :-( but on the bright side, its almost the end of the school year which means its summer! anyway, im sorry if this is a short start because its a prologue! ill promise the next chapter would be longer. please subscribe if you havent and comment, itll make my day! thanks for reading!