Supine

The Secret In Her Eyes

"welcome!" the familiar voice shouted when i entered the shop. my heart stopped. that familiar voice i wasnt expecting. i turned to look towards the counter. luhan.

his eyed widened as he noticed it was me.

"si yoon," he called out.

i gave him a small quick smile.

"i wasnt expecting you here at all. i mean, you usually dont come back at this period of the year" he stuttered.

"i wasn't expecting you here too. let alone behind the counter"

"ah, the old man was recently hospitalized. so im helping out temporarily," he brought his hand to the back of his head and grinned sheepishly.

my eyes widened and covered my mouth with my hands. "oh my god, is he okay?"

"yes. i visit him very often. i'm actually gonna visit him again after this. you should come along" he said and i didnt hesitate to nod.

i followed him to the parking lot and we walked towards the matte black sports car.

"i didnt know you had a car" i said casually.

"i have it all the while. its just that i drove it here because i bought a house in this town, so im living here now" he explained and my eyes widened. oh . so he have moved back too.

"why did you move back?" i asked as we were in the car.

"i miss the old life that i used to have. also, my career isnt doing as well anymore, but at least im making money," he laughed dryly.

"im sorry," i said to him. the traffic light turned back green as he turned away from me.

"hello, i brought someone with me today" luhan greeted him as he brought himself up.

"hello" i gave a big smile and bowed.

"oh my gosh, its you!" he beamed brightly as he took my hands.

"how are you doing?" he asked.

"im great. how are you?" i answered politely.

"i am feeling good after seeing you," he laughed. "hows everything? with your fiancée?"

"we actually broke up not long ago. i just moved back today" i said and his smile fell. i laughed awkwardly, hoping it'll somehow reduce the tension in the air.

"oh my, im so sorry. whatever the reason is, im sure its for the best." he patted my hand before letting go.

"yes it is," i smiled.

we chatted a little more until the nurse came in and tell us he is scheduled for his daily checkup.

"do you have any plans after this?" we were back in the car when luhan turned to look at me.

i shook my head.

"do you want to have dinner with me tonight? ive picked up cooking recently but i never had anyone who tried my food-"

"yes yes. ill go. no matter how bad, its free food after all" i laughed.

"how can you assume that is bad already? youre so mean" luhan said playfully, giggling as he start the car.

he doesnt live near the ice cream shop nor the old apartment, but almost close to downtown.

he drove into the carpark of a modern highrise complex.

we took the lift to the last floor. lugan opened the door, and a "wow" left my mouth.

its a freaking penthouse.

"you have a really nice apartment" i looked around the house. it has an amazing view. the tall mountains is literally surrounding the apartment.

"you could stayover anytime" he said casually until he realized what he said. "sorry, that came out really wrong. its just that being with you feels like the old times. like as if we are still kids."

i laughed.

"wine for you?" he asked from the kitchen with a glass of wine in his hands.

"yes please," i walked to him, taking the glass from him and took a sip. "now i feel like an adult" i grinned as he laughed.

i sat on the chair while he leaned on the counter.

"what do you feel like having?" he asked.

"surprise me" i said in an almost teasing voice.

he smirked. "alright. i think i know what you'll like" he turned around and took out the needed ingredients from the fridge. i stood up and took a self tour around his house.

"food's ready!" he shouted while i came scrambling back into the kitchen. he laughed.

i sat down and he placed a fork and knife on the table.

"wheres the food?" i asked impatiently.

"patient, dear. the luhan is giving you a full dining experience." he bragged and i cackled.

he placed the food on a tray and brought it to the counter. "baked salmon with garlic, butter and lemon served, please enjoy" he playfully bowed.

"wooooow" i playfully.

he leaned on the counter again.

i cut out a small piece and slowly brought it to my mouth.

"come on, try it quick" he said impatiently.

i put it in my mouth and slowly chew on it.

"how is it?" he asked.

"can i marry you if youre gonna cook like this for me everyday?"

oh . i was getting too comfortable so that was a joke.

"well you dont have to ask me. you know the answer" he said casually and i blushed.

i quickly laughed away. "come and sit. you must be starving too" i said while he sat beside me.

"mmm, im a really good chef" he praised himself as he ate.

we slowly ate and drunk wine while chatting about random things. i've lost track of how many glasses i already had.

"so i heard that you've moved back? what about your job?" he asked, taking another sip of the wine.

"yep i did. i didnt like my job. its not me... you know? there was no point for me to continue living there." i replied, patting my face at the same time because i was flushing from all the wine.

he sighed. "why did you two break up? if you dont mind me asking? i really thought you guys were gonna get married"

"he placed work as his first priority. i hardly see him. i didnt even felt like his girlfriend anymore. he had no plans of marriage at all. im getting kinda old already" i awkwardly chuckled at the end.

he laughed. "says that one who is younger than me. at least you were at the point of almost getting married. i didnt had any girlfriend all these years. i... dont even had friends. i dont even remember the last time being like this. as simple talking to someone." luhan's tone changed as he spoke.

"...im sorry" i said, going close to him and giving him a big hug. he hugged me back as we stayed like this.

"i miss us." he suddenly said.

"i miss us too, luhan. but we gotta take things slow." i stated. its weird being this close after many years of separation. its like as if those years of separation never existed.

we washed the dishes together and then we decided to just chill and watch some random show on tv.

"its getting late, but im not sober enough to drink you home. i have a guest room so you can sleep here tonight? ill promise to bring you home early in the morning if you have plans" he said.

"what plans? i dont have any plans. no friends, no job, no relatives..." i then laughed at myself. im such a lonely person.

"well, me too. not exactly, but somewhat" he said. we are two very lonely people.

as the movie goes on, my eyelids became heavier. from what i can remember, i ended up knocking on the couch. and my head was probably on luhan's lap. however i didnt felt the urge to move. i was too tired.

then i felt i was carried to the guest bed. he tucked me in and he crouched beside the bed.

he patted my head slowly, running his fingers through my hair.

"i love you. all these years of separation makes me learn how much i still love you. i gave up on trying to give you up. if you ever need someone, im always here."

before he could walk away, my hands instinctively held onto his wrist. 


hey guys! i have one good news and one bad news! good news is that i have finally finished the draft version of this story! (like, literally just finished) bad news is that i didnt complete this before my break ends (means school has alrd started), so the story might be abit rushed and straightforward since i do not have the time to edit it. (ill def edit them next time, but the question is when) bear with me guys, we are almost close to the end!