Sonorous

The Secret In Her Eyes

we both stood there, facing each other. the cars, the people and the music around me fades as i looked at luhan. seeing him again makes me realize how much i have missed him.

i ran up to him and hugged him. he immediately hugged me back. 

"excuse me," someone interrupted. "youre blocking the door" she continued, leaving an awkward smile. 

we pulled away from each other and she mouthed a friendly sorry before walking into the shop.

"do you have to go or?" luhan asked. i shook my head.

"alright, ill get a cup of ice cream and come back" he said while turning around, heading into the shop.

i took a seat outside and waited for him.

"im back" he said from behind, taking the seat next to me.

i looked at his cup. its still the same exact flavour. i smiled at the thought of it. 

i looked at him took a spoonful of the mango flavour into his mouth. he then turned and looked at me. 

"so how are you?" he asked, not looking away.

"im fine i guess. life is pretty mundane for me" i sighed.

"hows you and myungsoo?" he asked.

"we're still the same. we both graduated a year ago. he found a pretty well paying full time job. he has gotten really busy though"

"have he proposed to you?" 

i shook my head. "his job makes him really busy these days" 

"you guys already have been so long together. hes gonna propose to you soon" 

i laughed. "enough about me. how about you?"

"im good. im glad im out of exo. but i dont know if im regretting it right now... it took alot of courage to make this decision..." he smiled. 

"no matter what... ill be always there for you. even if im not physically by your side." i said and he looked at me.

after that we didnt talk anymore. we ate our ice cream, with our actual presence beside each other is good enough.

"when are you going back?" luhan asked as we were walking along the street.

"tomorrow. what about you? where are you living now?"

"im living in the beijing now. i recently released my first solo song... im guessing you have heard it?" he asked. 

"i did. it was the song you first sung to me when i was blind" i turned to look at him. everytime when i listen to that song, it reminds me of those days. i can only reminisce the happy moments. 

"i didnt know you could remember it" he said, with his mouth slightly open.

"of course i did. its only one time, but ill forever remember that tune. its the song that gave me a hope in life." i smiled at him. 

he smiled back. "i miss those days. i wish i could go back to those days. if only i wasnt streetcasted... i would have bid farewell to you... and if you came back we could have been still together..." he muttered the last sentence but i heard him. its not your fault luhan, fate just wasnt on our side.

"everything happens for a reason, luhan. whether good or bad." i stated. 

we ended up at the hotel. 

"so this is it," i said, facing him.

"yeah," he replied.

" i wish you the best in life. no matter what decisions you make next time, just know that im always by your side." i smiled genuinely and hugged him.

"you too." he hugged me back, tightening the hug.

i quickly pulled away before anyone notices luhan. 

i waved and turned my back on him. i walked towards the elevator. 

"si yoon, wait up!" he held my hand and stopped me in my tracks. i turned around and looked at him.

"i know youre together with myungsoo but i gotta let this out. i still love you. i never stop loving you. but i will let you go. i have so many problems myself, i cant bring any burden to you. i know myungsoo is the right one for you. just know that ill always care for you." he said and a tear fell from my eyes. luhan still loves me... i love you too, luhan. but my heart is confuse. 

i wiped my tear away and i turned away from him. as much as i want to hug him again, its wrong.

i went back korea the next morning. once i arrived korea, i took my phone out from my bag. i called myungsoo and it took awhile for him to answer. 

"where are you?" i asked.

"sorry, babe. i totally forgot. im out with a colleague having lunch. if you could wait there for another half an hour ill be there-"

"no theres no need. ill take a taxi" i said and hang up. do i have the right to be angry? hes just doing his job right? sighing, i called the taxi.

i unlocked the door and myungsun came running to me. 

"si yoon!" she hugged me and i hugged back.

"its been only two days. have you been a good girl?" i asked as i ruffled her hair.

"yes! wheres myungsoo? didnt he picked you up?"

"no he didnt. he went out for lunch with a colleague" i replied.

"what? its the weekend though!"

"theres nothing we can do"

"he already promised you!"

"i know. have you had lunch?" i asked.

"nope" 

"myungsoo didnt prepare anything before he left?"

"nope. he left soon right after i woke up. i thought he went to pick you up"

i shook my head. "go get ready. we will have lunch outside." 

after we came back from lunch, he wasnt home yet. he only came back in the evening. 

i was in the dinner cooking when i heard the door opened.

he didnt say anything but he backhugged me. 

"im sorry" he muffled into my neck.

"took you long enough" i said cooly without looking at him.

"business calls" he said. 

i turned around and look at him. "did you drink? in the daylight?" 

he nodded his head sheepishly. "i had no choice. after we had lunch, he made us go to the pub. i have no choice" 

"and you drove home?" i asked and he nodded his head. 

i sighed and placed the knife on the board and turned back to look at him. 

"do you know its ing dangerous to drink and drive?"

"i didnt drink alot. im still sober" 

"its not the first time, myungsoo. this happens to often. you either come back really late all drunk, or you dont even come back at all."

"i have no choice. this is business. this is my job. if i dont i will lose my job. if i dont i wont get promoted. if not how the hell i can get and remain in such a well paying job? you dont, thats why you dont understand me."

"wow, are you mocking me? really myungsoo?" i removed my apron and threw it on the floor.

"i didnt meant to say that-"

"make your own ing dinner. im just worrying for you!" i spatted before stomping into the room. 

even with that fight we had, it was useless. i tried to understand, but i just couldnt. one time i even ask him to quit his job, but he flew off the handle. 

month after month, i hardly ever see him at home anymore. even if i do, all we do is to fight. even if we are so broken right now.... i still love myungsoo. 

one year later

he never celebrate our anniversary. i didnt bother telling him, but i made us a candlelight dinner and thats when he remembered. he didnt even apologized. on my birthday, all he did was only giving me a small gift, leaving it on the bed before he left for work. there was no letters, no celebration, let alone a surprise one like he always do. not even a dinner together. he was out till late as usual. on his birthday, i prepared a candlelight dinner.... i even planned to talk about marriage. but he didnt came home. he said his coworkers gave him a surprise party and he felt bad to leave.

it was then myungsun's birthday. 

"ill try to leave early today, okay myungsun?" myungsoo patted myungsun's head.

"you better do. you neglected us too much" myungsun pouted.

"when you grow up, you will realize that job is very important" he said and left the house. 

i shook my head as i leaned against the bedroom door. youre wrong, myungsoo... family is more important. 

myungsoo came home about 5 pm, which is extremely rare.

myungsun beamed at the sight of him.

"happy birthday, my little princess" he ruffled her hair and passed her a box of present.

i came out from the room. 

"oh did you just got home?" myungsoo looked up at me.

i nodded. "shall we go?" i asked.

the car ride to the restaurant was quiet. myungsun behind was busy texting her friend. i turned to look at myungsoo. this is my first time seeing his face this close for a long time. he looked so tired and has looked older after just these years. how did i not realize that? 

"myungsoo," i called him out.

he turned to look at me. "hmm?"

"we... need to talk. later" i said.

"if its about my job-"

"its not" i cut him. he is so annoying. why everything we talk is just about his work? 

"alright." he said in a nonchalantly tone.

we arrived the restaurant and it was awfully awkward for me. suddenly, i feel outcasted. i feel like a stranger sitting in front of them. the sounds around me fade as i look at the brother and sister chatting and laughing. 

i got distracted when the birthday cake came. the waitress and waiter around us started singing happy birthday. myungsun was beaming while myungsoo sung along. 

"make a wish!" the waitress said. myungsun clasped her hand together and closed her eyes. i turned to look at myungsoo. he turned to look at him. as soon as he looked at me, his smile fell. and thats when i know it. myungsoo doesn't love me anymore. 

she blew out the candle and i felt a tear fell out from my eye. i hope no one realized i was crying.

"what did you wish for?" myungsoo asked. 

"i wish that we three will be together forever" she said. 

and they say that wishes wouldnt come true if you reveal your wish. 


GUYS.... I AM EXTREMELY SORRY... i mentioned that im gna complete this story (including all my uncompleted fics) by this summer but i had a part time job and (im a full time studenet) so i didnt had time to update... however the good news is that i have (almost) completed this story (as a draft)! ill try to update weekly till this story is completed, and try to complete the rest of my uncompleted fics by the end of this summer! after that, im leaving asianfanfics for good! i wanted this chapter to be alittle longer bc of my hiatus but i would prefer to make it into different chapters (hint hint bc the story is fast forwarding and close to the end)... i promise im gna update daily after this chapter! i hope you guys enjoy this short chapter and see you guys soon!