Sonder

The Secret In Her Eyes
"luhan," he said, almost smirking. my eyes widened. wait. of course he knew my name. im a celebrity.

"you two finally met" he said, walking towards me. "i heard alot about you from si yoon"

i bowed politely, even though i do not know if he is older or younger than me.

"im her fiancé" he stated. my heart stopped. of course, i havent seen si yoon for more than 4 years. why have i never thought she would have met someone else? did i believe in us too much?

"myungsoo," si yoon mumbled, hitting him lightly for his rudeness.

i couldnt say anything. i want to dig up a hole and put my head in it. why did i even think we were still together? i must have looked so stupid.

fans started approaching me.

please. let me just say goodbye to si.

more fans started coming to me and crowding me. myungsoo took si's hands and pulled her away. their backs me and they took every step away from me.

goodbye si yoon.

si yoon's pov

how can myungsoo be so rude to luhan? after all, he was someone who was by my side. i have never been mad with myungsoo ever. after we left the airport, i shook his hands away from me.

"why did you do that?" i asked. he looked shocked of course, i have never talked to him like this before.

he wanted to argue back, but he held it in.

"i dont know. it just came onto me. sorry" he said.

"do you trust me?" i asked.

he looked like he hesitated for a second. "i do."

i turned around and was about to head back to the airport.

"i love you" myungsoo said that stopped me in my tracks.

i turned around.

"i love you too" i smiled.

i went back and luhan was still crowded around fans.

"luhan!" i shouted. he looked up and saw me.

he walked towards me. "im sorry" i said immediately. "i should have told you i had a fi- boyfriend, but i didnt want to ruin our reunion together."

"i understand. he looks really protective of you. i can see that he totally loves you" luhan replied.

"he's usually not like this. but... i have to tell you that his mum was the reason why i can see today. my aunt abandoned me, and he could have not take me in. he worked even when he was a high school student to support his sister and i. i.... was the one who told him that i love him." i admitted. "however, i hope we still can be friends"

he smiled. "what a big girl. i am so proud of you. i love you like a little sister. well, he does really sound that hes perfect for you. but, tell him he doesnt need to be so rude next time. i wont plan of stealing you away from him" he said my heart subconsciously broke. maybe because we were once considered a couple?

my tears welled up and a tear fell out.

"aw" he said and wiped my tears off with his thumb.

"alright go, hes waiting" luhan smiled again. i cant go. i ended up crying even more, eventually led me to running away from him.

myungsoo was still there when i ran out. i ran into his arms and hugged him.

"what happen? he said some mean things to you huh?" myungsoo embraced me.

"no. he said youre the one for me and hes happy" i muffled in his shirt.

"okay. i take back my words. hes a nice guy" myungsoo said. i laughed and pulled away.

"he told you to stop being rude because he doesnt plan to steal me away from you"

"right. as long as that makes you happy" he ruffled my hair.

"ugh im in a crying mess, lets get to the car" i said.

myungsoo laughed and he wrapped his arms around me.

"so how did you two meet?" he asked as we walked.

"he saw me at the ice cream shop. you know the one we went to?" i looked at him. he nodded.

"what about the very first time you two met?" he asked.

"in the rooftop... we didnt really met. he stopped me from jumping down" i said.

"you... did? you never told me that."

"life was really hard back then. if wasnt for him, i wouldnt be here today."

"I understand." he unlocked the car and got in it. i followed.

the trip was really quiet. we got home an hour later.

myungsoo unlocked the door.

"si yoon!" myungsun ran out of her room and hugged me.

"did you do your homework when i wasn't around? you dont need me to check it for you, right?" i smiled and ruffled her hair.

2 years later

nothing much have changed. myungsoo and I are studying in our last year of university. i have never met luhan again ever since at the airport, but i do see him on tv sometimes.

myungsun has definitely gotten independent. she has been studying by herself and following her brother, and have been doing well in academic. she wanted to work just like her brother, but her brother disagreed completely.

the next day, aeri, hana, and i met up st the cafeteria and the table was completely silent. no one even said hi when i arrived.

"seriously guys, what's the matter?" I asked.

"seriously? you really dont follow the kpop news huh? even if it involves your real friend?" hana repeated back.

"what do you mean?" i said in a more serious tone.

"another member left exo" aeri said sadly.

"another? wait, who was the first one who left?" i laughed. the tension is too real.

"luhan left exo." hana said sternly.

"...luhan...?" i said. why would he...?

"right. the last time you saw him was at the airport right? which was like, 2 years ago?"

i nodded my head.

"apparently they left because of the unfairness between exo-m and exo-k. the contracts are different"

i nodded my head again.

"so what are you gonna do about it?" hana looked at me.

"do what? theres no way i can contact him. and ive never seen him for two years. we're no different from strangers" i stated.

"what's wrong, babe?" myungsoo asked as we were in the car. the car slowed down to a stop at the traffic light. he looked at me pitifully.

"you look like a sad puppy"

i laughed a bit and then went back to my default look again.

"tell me what's wrong. this is so unlike you. we've been together for 6 years" myungsoo said.

"luhan left exo" i said.

"oh. you havent talk about luhan for a long time and feels like he never existed. isnt exo successful? why would he?"

"hana said that it was due to unfairness. the contracts between the korean and them is different"

"then maybe theres nothing to be sad about. at least he's out of that cage" myungsoo said.

"no, myungsoo, you dont understand" i argued back.

"its none of your business too, right?" myungsoo said back and my heart stopped.

why do we always fight because of luhan?

i kept quiet. i didnt want to continue anymore.

"hello!" myungsun chirped as soon as we stepped into the house.

myungsoo walked pass her and closed the door behind him.

"what happened?" myungsun asked.

i shake my head. "dont worry, its nothing big"

i walked into my own room and closed the door.

maybe myungsoo is right. its none of my business. i shouldnt care too much.

i prepared dinner and called myungsoo out. he followed without any words and we all sat at the table.

"youre right, im sorry" i said.

he looked up at me. "i shouldnt have shouted too. do we really need to argue over that luhan guy everytime when we fight?" he chucked the spoonful of food into his mouth.

"luhan?" myungsun said in excitement.

"oh, you like exo?" i looked at her and smiled.

"he is my favourite. when i found out he left exo my friends and i cried in school"

half a year later

both myungsoo and i recently graduated from university. myungsoo easily found a job, which is pretty well paid too. for me, i managed to find a job, but it wasnt as well paid.

i came home about 4 pm and see myungsun watching the television.

"myungsun, arent you suppose to be studying?" i asked.

"for that, sorry, but you have to come and see this. luhan is on tv!"

luhan? even that name sounds more foreign whenever his name is mentioned.

i sat down beside her.

"luhan recently just released his first single. we are so lucky to hear it live first!" the host said.

luhan appeared on the screen. he did his usual eyesmile, sitting on a chair while holding a mic. the song started.
the song started out really familiar. I definitely hear this somewhere. he picked up the mic and sung the first verse.

oh. the song he sung for me when i was blind. i still remember what it was called. i quietly hummed along while he was singing. amazing after 6 years and just hearing it once, i could remember the entire song.

the host clapped. luhan smiled shyly.

"would you tell us how this song came about?"

"this title is called..."

"our tomorrow" we said in unison.

"i wrote it long time ago. i met a girl.... and i loved her. I wrote this song wishing one day we would be together the next day."

"wow, this is big news! we have never hear something like that from luhan before, right?" the host said towards the camera.

she turned back to luhan. "so what happened after?"

"we did got together after i sung this song to her. but... we didnt really broke up, but she left."

"oh my, that sounds like a sad love story-" the channel switched.

"who change the channel?!" myungsun shouted.

"i did" we turned around and see myungsoo holding onto the remote controller.

"youre suppose to be studying" myungsoo said sternly.

"oppa" she replied whiningly. myungsoo turned off the television and casually threw the remote on the sofa.

myungsun stood up and stomped back into her room.

"m-" myungsoo didnt look at me. he walked away and went into his room.

thats it. i know its none of business, but this is just overboard. i followed him behind and shut the door behind me.

"when did you come home?" i asked him in a casual tone.

"when luhan was singing and you were humming along?" he said monotony.

"you didnt have to do that." my tone become more firm.

he ignored me.

"you didnt have to do it in front of myungsun like this. if you just cant stand luhan, just do it towards me. myungsun does not deserve this." i said angrily.

"what is wrong with you, really?" i said as i touched the doorknob. before i could open the door, i was flunged back to the wall by myungsoo.

he leaned in and his hands were on my shoulders.

"how could i just sit down, knowing that luhan is talking about you on the tv? you might not realize it, but his strategies like this is slowly taking you away from me" his eyes bore into mine.

"im sorry. i should have think about your feelings too" i said.

"remember i trust you... and our relationship" his voice went all soft and gentle.

"thank you. i love you" i held onto his shoulders and tiptoed. we both leaned in and kissed.

it was chinese new year again. myungsoo became more busy with work. myungsun doesnt stay at home as often anymore, and tend to hang out outside with her friends.

i go back home every year during chinese new year. however last year, i never met luhan at all. i wouldnt be expecting to see him anywhere this year either.

i booked the same hotel and went to the graveyard and gave my prayers.

i decided to drop by the ice cream shop before heading back to the hotel.

"hi," i chirped as i walked into the shop.

"hello mam! how are you?" he beamed back.

"im good, how are you?" i replied out of politeness.

his smile turned into a frown.

"im closing this shop. my health is getting worse, and my son doesnt want to take over this shop" he said as he coughed.

"this place meant so much to me. ill never forget this place" i said with sincerely.

"thank you" he smiled. i quickly paid the usual price before he said it was a treat again. he laughed as soon as he saw the money on the table.

"so are you married yet?" he asked casually.

"married?" i laughed away. "nope"

"why not? havent he propose to you?"

i shook my head.

"wasnt he your fiancé?"

"he is. we did talk about it, but he never officially propose to me"

"well soon, alright. dont worry about it" he smiled.

"to be honest he's not really a romantic person" i said and he laughed once again. i finally said goodbye after the chat.

i turned around with the ice cream in my hands. a man held the door for me and as looked up and wanted to thank him, i almost dropped the ice cream from my hands.

"luhan"
"si yoon"
 
we called out each other's name in unison. he removed his hands from the door and it closed. 

Hi I am back! I will try to finish this story by the end of this summer. Stay tuned!