Ephemeral

The Secret In Her Eyes

 the guy I was thinking about was in front of me. luhan.

when I was blind, I would expect he would kind of look like this, as I felt his face. but I didn't know... he would look this cute.

"are you... si yoon? the si yoon I've lost and been looking for since forever?" he asked.

I looked at his cup of ice cream. they were the same exact flavour. I looked back at him again.

I nodded. "are you... luhan? the luhan who was by my side when I couldn't see the world?"

he nodded. "I am" he smiled.

I closed my eyes and felt his face again. I touched his eyes, his nose bridge, his lips, his cheeks to his ears. it was indeed the same luhan.

"I can't believe I can see you. to see how you look like. I thought I wouldn't be able to see you anymore again." I said quickly, my tears fell.

"I thought you were still somewhere in china. I became a celebrity for you. at first I wouldn't, but because I needed you to know where am I." he said.

"I went back to china and I somehow found my address but you had moved. I was too late." I said.

"I was the late one. I would have managed to see you when you left. it's because I got street casted by the sm company. that's how become who am I today. I wanted to share the happy news to you, but I realize you were already gone" luhan said.

"but we still get to meet in the end, don't we?" I ended.

he smiled. "so, you went to korea for the eye surgery?"

I nodded my head. "and then my aunt made used of me and abandoned me there. I came back and I got back whatever was mine" I smiled.

he shook his head. "I saw you at the airport last time. I knew it was you but I stopped myself from running after you because I was afraid it wasn't you" he said.

"I saw you too but you were familiar and stuff but never thought you were luhan until my friends talked about the new rookie group a day later. I regretted not approaching you" I said.

"and here we are, meeting in this little ice cream shop." luhan smiled.

I nodded my head and smile.

"when I have my break, i'll bring you to Sweden."

"you still remember," I smiled more.

"we promised each other that were gonna travel the world together, don't we?"

"yes," i giggled.

"now take my arms and we shall go" his hands reached out to me. when i was about to take his hands, i hesitated and pulled away. however, he ignored my gestures and took my hand anyways.

"where should we go first? our first date?" he looked down at me and smiled genuinely. now that i can see, i almost melted at the sight of him doing that.

"anywhere" i looked up at him and smiled.

we ended up walking back to our old house.

"can you believe this is where we spend our times together?" luhan said.

"those times were tough. but at the same time those were good memories because I have you" i laughed.

i took his hands and we walked up to the rooftop.

"wow. this is actually a good view" i exclaimed.

"yeah it is," he said sheepishly.

"honestly, if you didnt follow me up here back then, i wouldnt be able to see this view. i wouldnt even be here right now" i turned to him and hugged him genuinely.

he hugged back and i tighten my hug around him.

i pulled away and i ruffled his hair.

"your hair look really tempting to touch" i giggled.

I sat down on the ground and laid down. he followed and we went quiet for a moment. it wasnt awkward at all.

i striked up another topic. "so hows life these days for you? as a celebrity? its pretty overwhelming, huh?"

"it is. it is actually overwhelming." he laughed it away and continued. "what about you? living in korea? what have you been doing for the past few years?"

"i started going to a high school in korea and now i am in an university"

"wow. im really impress with you, si yoon" he looked at me.

"thanks" i smiled and he ruffled my hair this time.

we got up and went down to the streets.

"theres somewhere i have to go, do you want to follow me?" i asked.

"of course. its a date, isnt it?" he said.

we got off the taxi and walked into the graveyard.

"this is the reason why i came back for" i said as i walked to my family's grave.

"i came here once with my aunt and uncle when my family first passed away. i never knew how it looked like. after coming back twice, i gathered all my courage to be here today." i spoke softly as my tears welled up.

"dad, mum, my brother, my sister, im finally here to see you."

i kneeled down on the grave.

"im sorry for not visiting often. im sorry that our house and everything we had is gone. i failed to protect it... but... thank you for giving me an opportunity to see again... thank you for giving me the chance to get back what i have. even though i have suffered throughout these years, i appreciate that i am alive for all on your behalf." luhan's arms went around me.

"dad, mum, this is luhan. he was there for me when all of you were gone. thank you for giving me such a friend who stood by my side when i was blind"

luhan kneeled down beside me.

"si yoon's family, thank you for letting me meet this angel. thank you for allowing me to take care of her, support her, and making sure she is safe. thank you for giving her a chance to see again. also, thank you for allowing me to love her" he said and my heart felt like it stopped beating.

allowing him to love me.....

i finally cried. there was no point holding anyway. luhan have seen me cried a million times.

luhan leaned in and hugged me.

there was no other words needed to say.

luhan called for a taxi and we hopped on it. "do you want to go home? which hotel are you staying?" he asked.

"you know the old hotel like two blocks away from that ice cream shop?" i said. apparently. there was only one hotel in that area.

"oh really? i live there too!" of course. the taxi driver started driving.

"when are you leaving?" luhan suddenly asked.

"sadly tomorrow. theres no university break, so i have to get back. cant miss any class" i laughed it away.

"hey me too! our company doesnt allow us to take to much time off"

"right" i smiled. so what? after today and when we are back, we will never meet each other again. you became a celebrity for me, but this makes us further apart.

"this town is pretty small and boring, huh?" luhan said as he looked out of the window.

"yeah it is" i nodded.

we finally arrived back to the hotel and we stood there at the entrance.

"so," he started.

"so," i repeated.

i looked at him. i wonder if we are actually still together. i mean, we never really broke up. what are we now?

he wanted to speak up, but a fan started going up to him.

not knowing what to do, i stood there for a while. more fans approached him. he finally looked away and did his fan service for them. my eyes never take away from him.

luhan isnt luhan anymore.

i smiled and walked away.

the next morning, i checked out from the hotel and walked out to the streets and waved for a taxi.

a blonde tall lean boy with a luggage got in front of me and waved for a taxi and it stopped.

i walked to him.

"hey" my hand held onto his shoulder.

he spun around. luhan.

his doe eyes went into a moon shape and he laughed wholeheartedly. he did it on purpose. he knew it was me.

"come on," he said and took my hands. he pulled me in along into the car.

"where to, sir?" the taxi driver asked as he got in the car.

"the airport" luhan said.

i stayed quiet until he spoke up to me.

"sorry for yesterday" he stated. i looked at him.

he continued. "the fans who approached me yesterday?"

"oh yeah. i should apologize for leaving just like that."

he shook his head. "if i were you i would do the same too" he chuckled. i know he wasnt really laughing on the inside.

we got off the taxi as soon as we reached the airport.

he, obviously paid for the fare.

"thanks for the ride" i smiled. i walked forward first and entered the departure gate. we ended up walking in the same direction.

"perhaps are we taking the same flight?" he asked.

"gate 52?" I asked. he nodded and smiled happily.

we walked to the gate together and board the plane.

i continued walking forward, almost passing the business class section. a hand held me, causing me to stop in my tracks.

i turned around and looked at him.

"im in the business class. ill see you later?" luhan said, almost in a questioning tone and he released my hands.

i looked at him for awhile before i nodded and smiled.

we reached korea not long after.

luhan's pov

every passenger from the business class was allowed to get off first.

"hi, uhm, mr.luhan, you have a priority to get off the plane first" she smiled.

i shook my head. "im waiting for someone" i said.

she smiled again, opening the curtains and allowing the rest to leave the plane.

many passengers passed me, and i unknowingly smiled when that familiar face appeared in my sight. however, she did not see and almost walked past me. I grabbed her hands.

"how dare you walk pass me like this" i joked.

"oh! i thought you were all suppose to leave first!" she stated.

"i told you ill be waiting for you right?" i said. wow, never knew I would be this cheesy.

i saw a tint of redness appearing around her cheeks. i laughed at her cuteness and i got up from my seat and left the plane with her.

we walked out of the arrival hall together. i never want to leave si yoon again. im glad fate allow us to meet again. seeing how independent and strong she is without me, makes me love her more.

"where do you live anyway? do you want a ride?" i asked and looked at her.

with makeup, she looked more mature and alluring. her imperfections is what made me pulled me in.

"si yoon" a voice called out from behind.

we turned around and i saw a tall boy around my age with black straight hair.

"myungsoo," she replied in a surprised tone.


I am back after like half a year omggggggg ive been really busy for the past few months but ill update more from now on! I will edit asap when i am free! thank you for those who are still reading up to here today. I hope you guys will continue to read my story and dont forget to leave a comment! thanks!!!!!!!!