Chapter 7

Once Upon a Dream

          "Good evening everyone, my name is Kim Eunyoung, the heiress to KEY corps" you spoke surprising yourself with the confidence in it. "This is my for the night Jung Ilhoon of Jung Corp" you motioned to Ilhoon who bowed.

          "Now I know the surprises keep coming but we feel like tonight is a night that's full of them" Ilhoons dad started speaking. "As you know, Jung and Key Corps have merged together for a project…I'm sure both our children know about it already" he smirked at you and Ilhoon and motioned for you to pass the mic to Ilhoon.

          Ilhoon took the mic and let out a breath, "The project my father is talking about is a joint project between KEY and Jung corps. Our companies will be merging together along with Tuan Industries and Yook Construction to build a new resort on Jeju Island."

          "And as a test for you," Ilhoons father started speaking, "Eunyoung, your father and I have decided that the two of you will be running this project…do you accept?"

          Your eyes widened, no way, this was not happening. You were about to decline but Ilhoon nudged you and shook his head, "I know we can do it" he whispered to you. He wanted to prove others too.

          The look he gave you washed all your fears away and you nodded before speaking, "We accept"

          Your father smiled and nodded before bowing.

          It wasn’t long till you were finally off the stage and letting out the biggest breath in your life.

          "I need a drink, Coke and Soda water, now" you said shaking your head while people congratulated you as you walked by them.

          "Well that was fun" Minhyuk said leaning on the table, "Lee Minhyuk" he held out his hand to Mark. The group had managed to find a quiet spot in the room where the younger people were gathering because of the food and drinks.

          "Mark Tuan" he said shaking his hand firmly before everyone else introduced themselves to him.

          "OH. MY. GOD" a voice yelled and your recognized it right away.

          "Jackson" you and Mark said raising your eyebrows turning to your cousins best friend who was fighting his way through the crowd.

          "Do you two know how hard it is to get to you guys now?!"  he whined before noticing who was infront of him, "Oh I'm sorry, I'm Jackson Wang" he bowed before turning back to Eunyoung and Mark, "Guess who I was standing behind" he said taking out his phone and showed you pictures of Lori and the group and their reactions.

          "Wow" Mark said swiping through, "Of course Lori would be the most mad"

          "Speaking of Lori…" Jackson said motioning towards a group of five walking towards you guys. "They started making a beeline for you  since you left the stage."

          Minhyuk and the boys suddenly stood straighter and they turned to look at the five foreigners with raised eye brows.

          "Eunyoung" Lori said eyeing her up and down, arms crossed, Logan's arm was wrapped around her waist.

          "Lori" you raised an eyebrow, "Welcome to the party"

          "Thank you" she said simply before looking at everyone else. "Hello. Everyone. I'm. Lori. Adams. Of. Adams. Hotel. And. Resorts." She said emphasizing all the words thinking the group didn’t understand English well.

          Everyone looked at her as if she was stupid, including Tristan and Logan who had dealt with the people infront of them before but Colin and Steph just laughed.

          "I'm. Stephanie. Of. Graham. Fashion. Incorporated. It's. Very. Nice. To. Meet. You. Korea. Is. Really. Nice." Steph said following suit of Lori which caused Logan and Tristan to both face palm.

          Looking over at Hyunsik and Minhyuk who had their arms crossed trying not to burst out in laughter.

          "Wow…" Ilhoon muttered as he stood next to you, "These people were the top five in the top private school in New York?"

          You nodded and saw Peniel walk between Mark and Jackson.

          "Man guys, I know I left a year ago but I didn’t think that you guys would forget me so easily." He said, "Nice to see you again Logan, Colin, Tristan"

          "Peniel?" Logan spoke for the first time. "You moved to Korea?"

          "Of course" Peniel said. "My fathers company is based here after all. I  see you and Lori are going strong. Tristan and I have been emailing back and fourth since I left. But he left out one piece of information didn’t you Tristan?"

          You gulped, Peniel was cutting straight to the point. You had talked to him earlier anticipating a confrontation with your past but he just said to let him take care of it and not to worry, he had a plan. This was his plan?! To cut straight to the point infront of half of Korea's society?!

          "No clue what you're talking about man" Tristan said.

          "Sure you don’t" Hyunsik said under his breath.

          "What was that?" Tristan asked looking at Hyunsik.

          "Tristan! They don’t speak English man" Colin said. "He. Said-"

          "I know what he said" Hyunsik said in perfect English. "I cant take it right now" He burst out laughing along with everyone else as you looked at everyone in confusion. Even Ilhoon was laughing.

          "What's so funny?" Lori asked looking confused as ever along with Colin and Steph.

          "Your friends Logan and Tristan are letting you guys make fools of yourselves." Minhyuk explained simply.  "All of us here are quite fluent in English thank you very much. Tristan and Logan would know that seeing as we've met before"

          "What?!" Lori looked at Logan with disbelief.

          "I forgot" He smiled charmingly at her which caused her to melt in a puddle of goop. A year ago, that would've worked on you but not anymore.

          "Anyways, back to the point." Hyunsik said his face suddenly stone. "We all heard what happened to Eunyoung when she attended school in the States.  I also heard a deal fell through for you didn’t it Ms. Adams?"

          "I- I don’t know what you're talking about" Lori said.

          "Hmm…a deal that fell through…the project that was entrusted to Ilhoon and Eunyoung…the resort was supposed to be built in Florida was it not?" Minhyuk asked before looking at Ilhoon, "I wonder what happened."

          Ilhoon shrugged.  "You tell me, I'm an innocent bystander" He looked at you, "To my knowledge, I've never met or associated with these people in my life"

          "Oh wait…" Minhyuk said, "I remember now. The Adam's did the unthinkable to the Kim family." He walked up to face Logan, "Want to know how it feels to have the top families in Asia know what you did the one of the most powerful heiress's in all of North America and Asia?" He glared at him.

          "You're lucky that in the State's, you have the Dupont's running most of the news papers," Hyunsik said, "Not so lucky here though.  One word and the scandal get's out. Mind you, most of our families know about it."

          "Is that a threat?" Lori asked, her arms now crossed glaring right at you. "Couldn’t handle the fact that Logan chose me so you had to go cry to your daddy?"

          Your face suddenly turned cold as you tensed,  the cold hearted you had shown her face and if looks could kill, Logan would've been a dead man.

          "What on earth are you talking about?" You asked with a furrowed brow, "I didn’t even know you two were going behind my back till Steph decided to slip and the fact that ALL you guys knew and didn’t bother telling me just shows how much our friendship actually meant to you"  You looked pointedly at Tristan. "Even the one I trusted the most"

          "Plus, it was my decision, that she be moved back here. Better education and of course better people." Mark said and sighed shaking his head, "I have no regrets"

          "And you shouldn’t" Minhyuk said, "I would've wanted someone like  Eunyoung to leave as well under those circumstances." He looked at you and Ilhoon, "Shall we?"

          The group nodded and started walking away to make rounds but suddenly you stopped.

          Ilhoon looked at you with a raised eye brow but you turned around to look at Lori and Logan's group with a cold emotionless stare.

          "Just so you  know, you're on my turf now. Watch out"

          Ilhoon smirked nodding in approval as you two arm in arm towards your parents.