Chapter 11

Once Upon a Dream

Everyone turned to look at Colin whose face was so red that he was redder than the Kool Aid guy.

 

YOU PROMISED” Colin continued to yell pointing an accusing finger at Tristan.

 

Colin sit down you’re creating a scene!” his father whispered through gritted teeth.

 

“NO I WILL NOT SIT DOWN!” he said looking straight at Tristan.  “HOW COULD YOU DO THIS? WE HAD A PACT, A PROMISE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

 

“Mr. James, please get your son to settle down or we’ll have to ask your family to leave” your father said sternly “We do not tolerate any of this kind here”

 

“Colin sit down or else I’m cutting you off” Mr. James said glaring at his son who then sat down immediately.

 

“Tch” Ilhoon shook his head, “Cant live without his father’s money”  

 

“What’s going on,  Jason? Why werent we notified before hand about this surprise?”  Mr. Dupont asked confused as to why his two biggest business partners were pulling out.

 

“They’re causing a scene” you muttered shaking your head, the press was literally having a field day with this.

 

“Then lets make it work in our favor then” Minhyuk said coming beside you clearing his throat. “Mr. Dupont, you should ask your son as to why the Kim’s and Tuans are cutting their ties with you”

 

Mr. Dupont looked down at his son, “Logan?

 

He looked at his father with an innocent look, “I have no idea what they’re talking about father”

 

With all due respect Mr.Dupont, the Tuans and the Kim’s have stopped doing business with you for a long time now. It’s just now since we’ve relocated to the Asia market, is why we’re pulling our shares from within the company” Mark explained, “And to explain why…” he looked sideways to you. “It’s to protect our respective companies”

 

“You’re just a kid Mark, how can you justify this?” Mr. Dupont asked arms crossed and a raised eyebrow.

 

This kid you’re talking to has taken more time off school to close deals with you cause someone apparently does not respect the fact that the American representative is in fact 20 and attending school” Mark shot back with a glare. “You know what, I’m sick of this”

 

“Uhoh” you whispered to Minhyuk, “We have to stop Mark, he’ll blow up and tell everyone including the press about what really happened”

 

Minhyuk only shrugged, “So? It’s the business Eunyoung and also your cousin’s standing up for you. We’d do it too but you know, knowing you for like a few months and stuff. Dont worry,” he assured you, “This was ALLLL planned”

 

You nodded understanding and face palmed, “That’s why no one at the front of the room including Tristan’s freaking out”

 

“Yup” Minhyuk smirked, “Now just watch the show, we’ll deal with the aftermath together later” he winked at you before turning back to observe the back of the room.

 

“I cant believe my parents were in on this” you muttered to yourself facepalming in disbelief but continued to watch the back of the room. By now everyone was watching the back of the room in interest as Mark continued to glare at Mr. Dupont.

 

The reason that our families are pulling our shares from your families is because of the bad spot light your son put Eunyoung in.” He turned to look at you at the front of the room and you felt yourself give him a small nod.

 

Last year as some of you who keep up with the western news would know, our Eunyoung and Mr. Logan Dupont had started dating”  Mark stated as small gasps were heard from around the room and you could see Logan glaring at the two of you. “The press and our parents were elated and I swore their mothers were planning their wedding”

 

As Mark was telling the story, you could feel yourself get dizzy as weird images started appearing in your head, from the confrontation all those months ago, to when you finally got away with all that and landed in Korea to some fuzzy image which caused you to stagger a bit. Thankfully, Minhyuk was right behind you and managed to bring you back to balance.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked while his right hand stayed on your back to make sure you were balanced.

 

“Yea” you replied shaking your head quickly hoping to get the dizziness . “just got a little dizzy”

 

He looked at you with an unsure face but turned towards where Mark was confronting Mr.Dupont.

 

So everyone was happy, then two months in, I get an email from the son of one of my Fathers close associates saying that while he was studying for midterms in the school library, he happened to come across Logan and Lori, at the back  making out and this was two months into his and Eunyoungs relationship and they hid it for another four months after that.”  Mark continued.

 

After hearing that, the dizziness came back, wait what? Four months? Making out?

You suddenly felt light headed and the next thing you know, you out.


 

 

A/N Sorry guys! It's been a scary five months since my last edit and trust me, I've had this chapter sitting on my google docs for a long time but because of work and life, I havent exactly had the opportunity to edit much. But now I'm settled into my new home and I'll be starting to write more. Enjoy the chapter and I'll post again soon!