Chapter 5

Once Upon a Dream

          The seven of you rode together to Burgoo to have dinner with your parents, you figured it was more gas efficient if you did it that way.

          When the seven of you got there, you were greeted with all your parents sitting at a big table in a private room.

          After greeting the adults, your mom's eyes were wide and she asked,

          "Eunyoung-ah, I didn’t know that you knew these six"

          "Annyeong Umma, Hyeri was my guide in school and of course we all know Peniel" you said smiling but your face got serious, "So what is this about?"

          "Ah my daughter, always cutting to the chase" your appa said smiling at his friend. "As you know, in this room sits seven of the most powerful Families in Korea"

          "Neh" the seven of you said nodding.

          "And I'm assuming you all figured out, Eunyoung is our heiress to the KEY corp" Your Umma said this time.

          "Neh" you all said nodding.

          "We'll be announcing this in a week, we'll be holding a gala and a lot of prominent families will be there and after talking to Mr. Jung today, it's clear that Ilhoon, you will be escorting Eunyoung that night, no questions asked." Your appa finished.

          "WHAT?!" You and Ilhoon yelled standing up.

          The four of your parents nodded.

          "Also, the seven of you will be announced as the official heirs of our companies" Minhyuks parents said, infront of about 300 people.

          "Also a few press will be there as well" Hyunsiks mom said, "So you all need to look your sharpest, understood?"

          "Neh…" the seven of you said dejectedly.

          "Eunyoung-ah, you must look your best" your mother said with a rare smile, " and be prepared for anything" she gave you a wink. "Your girl's dresses will be designed by my company so come by this weekend to choose arraseeo?"

          "Ah jinja!?  Thank you so much Kim-nim!" Hyeri said with a huge smile on her face.

          "Hmm?" you asked looking at her.

          "You'll see, Ilhoon, make sure you match my daughter well arrasseo?"

          "Neh Kim-nim" Ilhoon said with a straight face.

          "Good, we'll see you all next week for the party, we have a few preparations to make" Peniels mother said, "We're all going to Chicago and New York" she said with a smirk.

          You looked at Peniel, New York?

          After the meeting you all went back to your house and the seven of you sat in the living room.

          "Seven of the most prominent families in all of Asia will be standing on stage together for the first time… in the public eye" Minhyuk said with  a straight face, "The press is going to be all over this"

          "The press and everyone at school, sure we all had a hunch on who would be inheriting our parents companies but who knew that it was going to be announced so soon. I mean, two of you are graduating this year, everyone else but Sungjae will graduate next year…" Hyeri said shaking her head, "By announcing, we'll be expected to do a lot of things to hold up our images…"

         You sighed and leaned your head against Peniels shoulder, "New York…" then it hit you, "You don’t think…" you looked at Peniel with wide eyes and he shrugged.

          "It's your mom" he said, "People know better than to deceive your family…"

          "…"  you muttered.

          "You wont know till next Saturday…"

          "What are you guys talking about?" Sungjae asked confused.

          Hyunsik caught on since he had heard the story earlier today and realization hit his face, "That can explain why Ilhoon will be your …it’s a bigger slap in the face.."

          "What are you guys taking about!?" Hyeri asked, "What's going to be a slap in the face?"

          You and Peniel quickly explained the story of Logan and Lori. When you were finished Ilhoon spoke.

          "I heard about that project, it hasn’t started yet…but I heard the Adams are still trying to make merger or get a cut into the cake" he said his arms crossing, "After hearing what Lori did…" he looked at you straight in the eye, "Let's prepare and show them what happens when you mess with us."

          "Yah! Cause when they mess with you, they mess with all of us" Hyeri said, "Plus…DRESS SHOPPING!!"  she squealed and everyone laughed.

          You observed the group as they started laughing and started teasing one another. You also saw a tight family that you knew could never break and everyone was out to protect one another. You knew that because of that, the seven of you would one day be unstoppable.

          It was the weekend of the party, throughout the week the seven of you had planned and plotted. From outfits to who you were going to be talking to. You saw a rough guest list count so you had to talk to those who mattered to your business. You had to show everyone that though you were young, your parents weren't making mistakes naming you their heirs and heiresses.

          You and Hyeri were sitting at your moms fashion studio waiting for the designers to come out with the dress selections and you mother was telling them specifically what she wanted to see.

          Your dress had to be blue, because Ilhoon would be wearing a black suit with a light blue tie since he was your .

          Hyeri's dress had to be a pale color since it matched her skin tone more and also because her for the night was going to be Peniel after much debate since Minhyuk and Hyunsik stated, they wouldn’t want to cause rumors and Peniel and Hyeri were closer in age range.

          Hyeri started trying on dresses first. The first one she stepped out in made you laugh.

           "Ah jinja? No way, you look like Marilyn Monroe…it's not classy enough" you shook your head and she went back into change.

          "What about this one?" she asked and twirled.

          "Theres no pop to it" you shook your head.

          She rolled her eyes and soon came out in another one.

          "I feel like a Gumiho" she muttered and you laughed.

          The dress had a few strands on the back that blew in the wind, it would look like a gumiho (nine tailed fox) tail.

          When she came out in the last one, you knew that was it.

          "Winner!" you yelled and looked at your mom who nodded.

          "It suits you well Hyeri-shi" she said smiling.

          "Kamsamida!" she bowed and went to change again.

          "Your turn dear!" your mom said shoving you into the fitting room.       

          You had tried on five different dresses before you found the one you wanted. It was classy, but still had a young feel to it.

          Dress number one was nice but it had a weird flap at the front.

          Dress number two was overly lacy for your liking

          Dress number three was just too plain Jane.

          Dress number four was very prom dressy, you weren't a fan of bling either.

          Dress number five didn’t feel right.

          Dress number six you liked but the straps kept slipping.

          Finally, dress number seven you knew it was the one, the right shade, the right fabric the right everything.

          You were finally content.

          "Now that the two of you have found you dresses, be prepared. The party is tomorrow" your mom said before sending you off to get pampered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys! I had to rush through this cause I realy want to get to the party scene, that should be up in two days tops! Thanks for the support and see you alll soon!!