Chapter 1

Once Upon a Dream

        "Eun Young-ah" the mystery boy said with a small smile. He wore a white school uniform with a crest you couldn’t recognize. "내가 당신을 좋아 (I like you)" he said while handing you a bouquet of roses. "Would you accept me too?" he asked with a hopeful smile.

          Suddenly you shot up in bed. Aish! It was another dream!

          Lying back in bed with your arms behind your head, "It's the fifth one this week.." you mutter to yourself referring to the dream you just had. "Who is he?" shaking your head  "why does that school uniform seem familiar?" you muttered the questions to yourself.

          "Miss Eun Young! You're going to be late!" hearing your maid yell through the door rather loudly you jump out of bed and head towards your personal bathroom.

          "Ah, neh!" You yell back before quickly grabbing your new uniform from your closet.

          After brushing your teeth and combing your hair you put on your uniform and look in the mirror. Looking at the emblem on the right you feel a sense of familiarity with it.

          "Is it...?" you wonder out loud before shaking your head, "Nah it cant be" shaking your head. It cant be the same from the dream...can...it?

          Realizing the time you bolt for the door and run out of the house not before grabbing a mug that held a blueberry smoothie and a piece of toast from your maid waiting by the door.

          As soon as you got into the car, you were driven to your new school. Cube Private School.

          "Are you excited for your first day Miss?" your driver asked looking at you through the mirror while you sipped on your smoothie. "Your parents apologize again for not being able to come with you on your first day but as you know, the deal in..."

          "In Paris needed to be done sooner more so than later.  Don’t  worry Kai, I'm used to it" you say cutting him off and looked out the window. It was like this all the time, even when you were in the states, your parents would never be around and it was you and a few maids in your New York penthouse. They always had some sort of business to attend to and since both of them were business people, both were needed to make big deals. You  pretty much grew up without them and since you were an only child, you were pressured into becoming the heiress. There wasn’t any of the, 'We'll produce an heir" business. You were the sole Heiress to KEY Corp and your parents would never let you forget it.

         "They wanted me to give you this" he said handing something to you  from the front seat.

          It was a long box covered in velvet and as expected, opening it revealed two new stationary items. One pen and one pencil, both with your initials engraved on it. Of course, like every year they miss something important. Let's just buy their daughter something to make her happy.

          Throwing it into your backpack you lean your head against the window and close your eyes, waiting for time to pass as you go to your new school.

          "We're really excited to have you with us Miss Kim" the principle said as the two of you walked to your new class room. "Your school from the states sent us your transcript and your marks are remarkable"

          "Ah, Kamsamida" you reply bowing slightly while looking around the school. The school was huge and really bright. There were a lot of windows so all the natural sunlight flooded in and it really reminded you of the school you attended back in the states. Except that school was a boarding school.

          "Your first class is AP Calculus and the teacher there assigned you a partner to show you around the school." The principle said opening the door.  "Just let me tell the teacher you've arrived and he can get you settled."

          "Neh seong saeng nim" you reply bowing politely and wait for the teacher to call you in.

          As you entered you could feel everyone's eyes on you.

          "Everyone this is Kim Eun Young, she will be joining us as of today." The teacher said to the class then called on a student. "Hyeri, please raise your hand"

          A girl with long brown hair in the second row raised her hand.

          The teacher then turned to you, "Eun Young-shi, Hyeri will be your seatmate for this class as well as the person who will show you around. Would you like to introduce yourself to the class?"

          "Ah..neh..." you reply and turned to the class bowing, "Annyeonghasaeyo, Kim Eun Young nimida, I'm eighteen and I hope we can all be good friends"

          "Good, now please go take your seat" the teacher said and started the lesson.

          "Neh, seong saeng nim" you say and sit down.

          The girl who's name was Hyeri turned to you, "Annyeong!" she said cheerily offering her hand, "Yoo Hyeri nimida. You're from America right?"

          You glance at her sideways, "Neh" you simply say.

          "Then you can speak English too right?" she asked in perfect English and your eyes widened.

          "Yes, I can speak pretty good English. I've lived in the states majority of my life after all" you reply nodding.

          "Oh thank god, another English speaker. Everyone else here only speaks Korean, or Japanese. English is my first language too but as you can tell by my accent, I'm from the UK" Hyeri said, "This is a pretty prestigious school, I dont mean to be forward but are you rich?"

          Your eyebrow raised, "My parents own a company yes"

          "You seem different from the other girls here." She said looking around and you followed her gaze.

          Many of the girls were looking at their mirrors making sure that not a hair was out of place and some were also fixing their make up.

          "Princesses" you state simply, "I've experienced them while attending boarding school in the states"

          "This school is full of them"  Hyeri said, "On another note, we should start working. I'll show you around at lunch?"

          "Sounds good" You reply and  started paying attention to what was on the board though this was all stuff you had done before.

          During lunch period, you and Hyeri talked as you walked around the school and realized you had a lot in common. She too was an only child and was the heiress to her parents company and you both had studied abroad. Also you found out that you only lived a few blocks away from each other and promised to hang out soon.

          Suddenly, the two of you heard squeals from many of the girls around you and turned to look at the entrance of the courtyard which was where the squeals were coming from.

          "Aish... not again" Hyeri said facepalming.

          "Bwoh?" you asked confused, "Why are the girls all crowding around that certain area?"

          "Come on, you'll  see" she said leading the two of you to the fan girling girls.

          You two got through the crowd and you realized what the commotion was about. It was a group of five guys walking and casually talking to one another.

          "Who are they?" you ask Hyeri.

          "They're the five richest boys at our school. Also they hold number one and two percentile of their grade. The one at the front, the two pretty boys I guess you can call them" she motioned to the two boys at the front. One looked like a super model as he walked with his black hair and perfectly shaped nose and another one that couldn’t seem to stop smiling as the two talked to each other. You had to admit, his smile was really cute.

          "That’s Lee Min Hyuk and Lim Hyun Sik. Both their fathers are prominent lawyers in Korea. They're graduating this year and I think Minhyuk got accepted into all the Ivy League schools in the states and a few big ones here in Korea. Hyunsik is either going to stay here or go to the UK though he did get accepted into Harvard and Yale. Those two hold the top spots in their grade. Then you have Shin Dongeun who we refer to as Peniel who's talking to Yook Sungjae. Peniels in our grade and also speaks English. I think he's from... Chicago I believe. Then Sungjae is a grade level below us making him the youngest in the group. Peniels dad owns Shin Corp which is a large department store company and Sungjae's father is in the construction industry. Then the last guy..." Hyeri said.

          Your breath caught in your throat. "It's him" you mutter to yourself. The guy you've been seeing in your dreams for the last three months. "Who is he?" you asked Hyeri as you watched him walk at the back listening in on Peniel and Sungjae's conversation. His face was emotionless and he had his hands in his pockets.

          "That's Jung Ilhoon, he's in our grade and his dad owns a few hotels and resorts. He's really quiet... and also the fan girl favorite. Why? Cause he's absolutely mysterious. He keeps to himself and only opens up to his friends around him. Not many people know his true persona though..." Hyeri explained and suddenly you were hit with a flash back.

          (Flash back of dream)

          You were on the ground covered in flour and paint while many people surrounded you laughing when suddenly all was quiet.

          The wall of people made a path and Ilhoon walked towards the center cooly.

          Bending down, he took out a handkerchief and started dusting you off before pulling you up.

          "Gwaenchanha?" he asked holding both your shoulders looking straight into your eyes.

          (End of dream)

          "Yah, Kim Eun Young! Are you listening to me?" Hyeri asked waving a hand infront of your face.

          Shaking your head quickly you snapped out of your daze. "Mian, I zoned out"

          "I can tell" Hyeri said, "It's okay, let's get to class arasso? You have geography next right?"       

          "Unfortunately yes" you groan, you hated geography.

          "Who even likes it?" Hyeri asked, "Arasso, I'll show you where it is" she pulled you along but you lost your balance and ended up smacking  into something.,..or someone causing everyone girl around you to gasp.

          Looking up you recognized the face. " Wait Shin Peniel?" your eyes widening realizing who this person really was.