008

I Have a Crush on Him
 
 008

 

 

It's been a week since Baekhyun joined the class and he's been sitting besides JinAh the whole time. Seri hadn't come to school because of her appendicitis surgery and could be staying in the hospital for a full month. 

"What do you want to eat for lunch?" Baekhyun asked after the bell rang as he stuffed his backpack with books. "Hmm.. Wanna just buy something and eat outside? I feel like the canteen gonna be full today." JinAh answered before grabbing her wallet and got up. "Okay~" Baekhyun agreed and they walked to the canteen.

 

"Man.. The canteen so full today!" Xiumin exclaimed as he entered the crowded canteen with his usual mate, Luhan and Lay. "Let's buy some food and eat outside." Luhan suggested as they joined the never ending queue. 

"Where should we eat though?"

Luhan turned his head as he heard a familiar voice. *Byun Baekhyun?* He furrowed his eyebrows as he found Baekhyun walking with JinAh that seems interested in whatever topic they were talking about. Luhan quickly cleared his throat as the two of them stood in front of him.

"Oh? Annyeonghaseyo Luhan sunbaenim." Baekhyun politely bowed  where JinAh only shyly followed. "Hi there!~ It's too crowded today, eh?" Xiumin blurted while fanning himself. "Ne, we're planning to eat outside." Baekhyun explained with a smile. "Really? We're going outside as well~ Wanna join? We know a cool place!" Xiumin excitedly asked.

 

On the other hand, JinAh can't take her eyes off Luhan. His eyes, nose, and those kissable lips-- *Ya Park JinAh snap out of yourself!* she thought while let out a big sigh and lowered her head. Luhan turned his head as he heard what JinAh just did. He leaned his head closer to her and whispered slightly. "You don't want to eat with us?" Luhan softly asked.

*Thump* *Thump*

Once again, JinAh's poor heart beat begin to get rapid at Luhan's soft voice. She steadily took a step back before she could faint there and accidently step on her untied shoelace. She quickly closed her eyes tight as she though of meeting the cold floor. 

But no, she didn't meet the cold floor, but instead felt a warm hand supporting her on the shoulder. Her eyes slowly fluttered open to find... Baekhyun?

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun asked in concern as he helped JinAh to stand back up.

Luhan gritted his teeth after losing his chance again. JinAh quickly come back to her feet and fixed her shirt while blushing. "Y-yeah I'm okay thanks baek."

*BAEK?! IS THAT SUPPOSED TO BE A NICKNAME?!* Luhan cursed inside his head as he can just stood there, do nothing. 

Baekhyun chuckled as he bent down "I told you to be careful with these. You don't want to fall again right?" He said lovingly while re-doing JinAh's shoes. 

*AGAIN?! WHAT? DID HE DO HER SHOES BEFORE?!!* Luhan who can't contain his anger any longer can only grumpily waiting for his food.

Lay who noticed Luhan's face changed finally opened his mouth. "Guys, let's get our food now." he shortly said as he patted Luhan on the shoulder and walk up to get the food tray. 

 

 

"Waa~~ It's so pretty here~~" Baekhyun sang as they arrived at the back of the school. There's no people and it was really peaceful.

They made their way to the long wooden table and sit them selves there. From there, JinAh can see the big pink-flowered tree with a wide grassy carpet around it. The sound of birds can also be heard which made JinAh's lips unconsciously curved up into a sweet smile.

Luhan who saw that also let out a smile and begin to happily eat his food.

 

"As you all know, a top school from China will be visiting our school next week." A voice, which probably the principal, boomed through the school. "And I will proudly announce that our cake competition has officially begin!~" He announced happily where groan of students can be clearly heard. 

"Cake competition? What is that?" Baekyun innocently asked when Lay explained voluntary as he sipped down his beloved green tea. "It's our special event. So two students from your year will be teamed up with one of our year and bake a cake. The visitor will be the judge." 

"Who do you wish to be your senior, JinAh? Chanyeol?" Xiumin asked with his mouth still full of food. JinAh bit her spoon and have a thought for a moment. *Luhan sunbae* that's what she wanted to say but she was way too shy.

Luhan was anticipating for JinAh to say his name but felt dissapointed at JinAh's answer. "Of course not Chanyeo oppa.. but I wish Kyungsoo oppa will be in my team." She casually answered without realising the change in Luhan's face. 

Xiumin swallowed his food before drinking his coke. "Why? Do you like him?" he jokingly asked. JinAh automatically choked on her food at the sudden question. Luhan took the chance to pass up his water bottle to JinAh before Baekhyun could do it.

JinAh lifted her head to find a water bottle in front of her. She traced the hand up to find Luhan looking a bit concerned at her which only made her choke more in shock.

Luhan opened the water bottle in panic and ing it to JinAh. She shyly accepted it and drink it in one shot. "Kamsahamnida.."

Lay who saw it all can only clucked on his friend's childish action.

Baekhyun stood up from his seat and let out an awkward laugh as all eyes are on him "Should we go no? The bell's gonna go any second." He said while rubbing the back of his neck. *This sly kid..* Luhan thought but stood up from his seat anyway. "Yeah, lets go~" Xiumin followed.

 

It was the last period and it's Friday, which means tomorrow is a day off. Baekhyun turned his head to JinAh. "What are you gonna do tomorrow?" He asked with a goofy smile. "Hmm.. I don't know, maybe just going to town with Chanyeol." She shrugged before their homeroom teacher made an entranced with a bundle of paper in front of him.

"Right kids.. We've teamed you up for the cake competition and different from last year, we will have a girl-boy from our year~~" He announced which all the students can only groaned and hope they will be teamed up with someone that they know. "Jin Hyunwoo, my class leader, please give this to the class." He said to the class leader before leaving the class. 

"I know no one in our year.." Baekhyun complained. JinAh can only laugh as Baekhyun now look like a little puppy that wants his food. "Well, you know me." She winked.

The class president finally arrived at their table and give them only one paper. "Hyunwoo-ya, why only one?" JinAh innocently asked. "You two are one team, so might as well give one paper. It's a waste." He firmly said before leaving to the other table.

JinAh let out a tsk before looking at the paper together with Baekhyun. "He said we're in one team." JinAh said while her eyes are tracing down to find her name. Baekhyun's eyes lit up "Jinjja??" He said in excitement before following JinAh's eyes on the paper.

"And I hope we'll get Kyungsoo oppa.." She mumbled. "Why?" Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean why~ He's the best cooker on earth, and we'll win with his hand.." JinAh explained without taking her eyes off the paper.

Baekhyun's lips curved up into a smile. "I thought you like him.." He mumbled. "Eo?" JinAh asked while Baekhyun repied in excited tone. "Nothing~"

"Oh? Found us!" JinAh grinned as she had found the most precious thing. 

"Byun.. Baek.. Hyun.." She traced down the list. "Kim.. Jin.. Ah.." "Xi.. Lu--"

 

*LUHAN?!*

 

Baekhyun stole the paper from her hand and continue reading down the list.

 

"Byun Baekyun."

 

"Kim JinAh."

 

"Xi Luhan."

 

"Too bad it's not Kyungsoo sunbae. But don't worry I'll do my best~" Baekhyun sang. He had no clue that JinAh's heart can explode in any moment.

 

 

•••​