-Chapter Twenty One-

Angel and Devil

Chapter Twenty One

"It seems that you have awoken young one." A deep voice called out. 

Jaekyung opened her eyes slowly as she saw flames around her. "Where am I?" she asked, semi-conscious.

"You're back home silly." the deep voice replied. 

It was the Lord of Hell, she's back in the Underworld. Upon realising, she sat up immediately. "Why am I here?"

"There seems to be some issues between you and the king." the Lord said, "You can talk to me about it." 

Jaekyung was getting emotional again. "Oh, what am I to do? I love Sehun and I always will. Why did you write the prophecy that Kris and I are soulmates? Now my life is so tough, I can't deal with this anymore." 

"My dear girl," the Lord her hair, "No one can ever change fate. Remember, soulmates don't mean that you have to love them, they'll just be by your side for life, whether it's a romantic or platonic relationship." 

Jaekyung looked up at him and he smiled at her, patting her head. "There there." 

She relaxed her body and slowly drifted off to sleep. 

 

"How long must we keep this up?" A woman voice asked. 

Kris sighed, "Just for the time being Seoyeon." 

"I don't know why you need to do this, if you love her so much and the both of you are literally fated to be together, just get together already." Seoyeon ranted. 

Seoyeon was Kris' childhood friend, their parents were really good friends and often hung out together. 

"It's not as easy as it seems. She loves someone else." He sighed. 

"Yeah but I don't like that I'm going to be 'married' to someone whom I see as a younger brother, you dummy." She slapped his arm, a little harder than she should have. 

"Hey!" Kris cried in pain. Seoyeon stuck her tongue out and gave him a mischievous grin. Then, her face turned serious, "I'll just have to pretend that I'm Lee Jaekyung right?" 

"Yeah, we can't let anyone know that I'm breaking the prophecy." He replied. 

"If the prophecy was that easy to break, she should've just went for that Sehun guy already. Then I wouldn't be in this mess." She pouted. 

Kris paused, "But he's an angel, it's different." 

"No different from a human and devill getting together!" She retorted. 

He gripped his chest, the thought of Jaekyung being with Sehun hurt him. 

I don't want that to happen though...

 

"Jaekyung, wake up." Lay said panicking. Jaekyung passed out for almost 2 hours already. 

Her eyes twitched a little, and she slowly began to open them. 

"L-lay...?" 

"Oh my Lord, you're awake. Thank the Lord of Hell." Lay cried out, "I was so worried."

Jaekyung smiled, "It was a ride Lay..." 

She began to tell Lay about what she had experienced while she was gone. 

"So that's the solution? I don't know about that Jae, but He gave us a pretty good advice though." He replied, feeling unsure. 

"I'll think about it. But, the connection between Kris and I... I feel that he's hiding something." Jaekyung said with her hand on her chest. 

Lay looked at her in awe. Is this what it's like to have a soulmate? If the connection was that strong, it's nearly impossible to keep the relationship platonic. 

 

Sehun and Luhan were still walking around the mall when someone bumped into Sehun, spilling ice coffee on his pants. 

"What the-" Sehun looked to see who the culprit was, and his eyes met the most beautiful pair of eyes he has ever seen. It was almost as if an angel had descended from heaven. 

"I'm so sorry about that! Let me clean that up for you." She panicked and grabbed some tissues from her bag. 

"I-it's alright, I'll just get a pants of new pair later. I mean, pair of new pants later." He stammered. 

Luhan was looking at Sehun weirdly, he has never seen him act like this ever. 

What's up with this guy? 

The stranger and Sehun's eyes met, it was as if the world had stopped and the only beings that existed were the two of them. 

"Hello?" Luhan interrupted. 

"Oh yeah, sorry don't mind it, I'll just buy one later." Sehun shrugged, "Your coffee, I'll treat you some tomorrow if you're free that is." 

"S-sure, I'm free." The girl replied, her face as red as a tomato.

"Nice, I'll see you here then." Sehun said, walking away. His heart was beating extremely fast though, and he could not stop thinking about the beautiful stranger. 

Luhan was annoyed. He could not believe what he had just witnessed. "What was that all about?" He raised his eyebrow. 

Sehun turned to look at him, "I don't know. It was weird but it was nothing." 

The pair bought a new pair of jeans but Luhan was feeling really uneasy from that interaction just now. 

 

Jaekyung and the boys were having fun in the living room, playing board games together. 

"Hah, now you gotta pay me rent!" Chanyeol exclaimed, happy with his profits. 

"Not again, now you're just bullying your elders." Kyungsoo whined. Jaekyung laughed, she had missed it when things were simpler between them. 

The front door opened, the duo had just returned from their trip to the mall. 

"We're back." Luhan announced. 

"Welcome home." Suho acknowledged. 

Jaekyung turned to look at Sehun and saw that he was surprised to see her. 

"Come with me Jaekyung." Sehun said as the whole room turned silent. She nodded her head and followed. 

As they were walking towards Sehun's room, she saw that there was a weird mark on Sehun's neck. It was glowing yellow dimly, but it soon stopped. 

Where did that come from?

 

The pair sat on Sehun's bed. 

"How are you?" He started. 

Jaekyung shifted in her seat nervously, "I'm okay, I missed you though." 

"I do too." Sehun replied. He looked at her more closely, "Your hair..."

"Oh yeah, I sort of dyed it, does it look good?" She lied. 

"Yeah, you always do babe." He replied. Somehow, his words feel empty. It felt like he does not hold any emotions in his words anymore, or he just had no emotions in him. 

"Anyways, I should get to my room right now. Rest well." She stood up, ready to leave the room. The atmosphere felt odd. She knew that something happened to Sehun which made him change emotionally. 

"Good night." Sehun said, not even stopping her from leaving. And for once, he was okay with that. 

Jaekyung closed the door behind her and tears started flowing endlessly.

What is happening between us..?

That night, she decided that she would leave to meet Kris. She needed comfort and now, Kris seemed like the best option there is to offer.

 

The door bell rang. Seoyeon went to open the door. "Who is it?" 

Jaekyung was taken by surprise to be greeted by a woman. 

"You're Jaekyung aren't you?" Seoyeon asked in a gentle tone. Jaekyung was lost for words, she was confused but nodded her head anyway. 

"Come in." 

She stepped into the apartment and found comfort in Kris' presence even though he was not in the living room. The mark on her wrist started glowing again, indicating that Kris is indeed nearby. 

A familiar figure exited one of the rooms. "Seoyeon, my mark is glowing, that pretty weir-" He paused as he saw Jaekyung standing in the living room, staring at him. "Jaeky-" 

Before he could finish his sentence, Jaekyung had ran up to him with her arms wrapped tightly around his lean body. He was shocked but reciprocated by giving her a tight hug. 

"I missed you Jae..." He said softly. Jaekyung started crying, this connection that she tried to deny in the first place had grown so strong because they were apart and now, she didn't want to leave. 

 


LITERALLY WHERE IS THIS GOING????