(61) Shin Hye's turn

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

❀JUNG SO MIN❀

 

 

I couldn’t help to feel unease after I got Shin Hye’s call an hour ago. She sounded confused and helpless and so not her. She was unsure. She needed me as her friend. Even though she said nothing through the phone, but still I sensed something was not right with her.

 

“Miss Jung, I will wait here.” Seung Hyun-ssi said to me after I stepped down from the car.

 

I nodded once. “Thank you.” And, with that, I rushed into the coffee shop, directly headed to her office at the back. I knew that she was waiting for me there.

 

Once I opened the door, the sight of her drinking her favorite chocolate mint greeted me. She snapped her face up and I saw troubled expression of my very best friend.

 

“So Min-ah..” She called me weakly.

 

I took place next to her over the long couch. “What’s wrong?” I immediately asked.

 

She sighed heavily. “Nightmare!”

 

“Nightmare?”

 

“So Min-ah.. Help!”

 

“I don’t get it, Shin Hye-ah.”

 

“My Appa- He already- I am engaged.”

 

“Burago?”

 

“Yes. What should I do now?”

 

“This man- is not Yong Hwa-ssi, I believe.”

 

She shook her head.

 

“Can’t you just tell him that you are seeing someone?”

 

“Yong Hwa and I- We just had- We met to drink coffee- and talked. Can it be considered that we are in some kind of relationship?”

 

I parted my lips in surprise. “You were saying- It hasn’t official? I mean-“

 

Again, she shook her head.

 

“Well, don’t you think you better ask him about it?” I snapped. Oh, I couldn’t believe this! Knowing Yong Hwa-ssi, I knew he wouldn’t take advantage from Shin Hye.

 

“I don’t know how to start- I cannot just ask him that? Right?”

 

I let out long and deep breath.

 

“Listening to your story with Mr Kim, Yong Hwa is different. He says nothing but I know he assumes me special. Is it possible that he is a man with no words? I mean- I hear that there are men who say nothing about making the relationship official with love words, but according to him, he already ties himself to me.”

 

I narrowed my eyes. Hm.. I heard about it somewhere if I was not mistaken. But on this situation, “You are ok with that? Now that your Appa sets a marriage over you- Don’t you think that you have to do something about it?”

 

Shin Hye dropped her drink over the coffee table. “I- I don’t know So Min-ah.. What should I do?” She pleaded helplessly.

 

I reached for her hands. “Do you love him? Yong Hwa-ssi?”

 

Shin Hye nodded firmly.

 

“Then, go and talk to him. Before it is too late.” I rubbed her knuckles, sending warmth. “You deserve a chance to be happy.”

 

She smiled slightly. “You have grown up. I never saw you this confidence.”

 

“Thanks for what happened. Thanks to you and all. I learn how survive, how to stand on my very own feet and fight for my life, for my love.” My smile grew wider as I remembered Hyun Joong Oppa, the best teacher, partner and the ultimate gift of all. “I am happy now, Shin Hye-ah.. Despite everything, I choose to be happy. And, I do hope you will feel the same way.”

 

“So-“

 

“You should fight for your life and love! Stand up! If you just accept it all- That’s not the Shin Hye I know.”

 

“You are not the So Min I know.”

 

“I changed for the better, right?”

 

She nodded and smiled slightly. But then, the next second, her smile vanished.

 

“Give him a call.”

 

“Now?”

 

I rolled my eyes. “Yesterday!”

 

Shin Hye giggled shortly.

 

“Tell him that you need to see him- Tell him that your Appa got you engaged- Tell him- Ask him, Shin Hye-ah.. How about both of you?”

 

She was deep in her thought. She was torn.

 

I shook her hand to get her attention, bringing her back from reverie. “He will not disappoint you.”

 

“Do you think so?”

 

I nodded once. “I believe so.”

 

Yes. I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter