(52) In front of

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Shin Hye stepped out from her coffee shop and scanned the neighborhood. She squinted her eyes to adjust the bright light from the sun. She looked around over and over again and didn't find what she was looking for.

 

Where are you?

 

She sighed deeply as she remembered what happened almost a week ago. Kim Tae Hee.. She was looked changed. And, deep inside her heart, Shin Hye could tell that it was for the better.  Tae Hee became a better person. In addition, she said sorry.

 

Stupid! How could she let her go?

 

When sanity knocked her system, Shin Hye thought.. maybe.. maybe Tae Hee was able to help So Min out. Since then, once a while, Shin Hye walked out from the coffee shop and looked around, hoping to see Tae Hee again. But until now.. She didn't make it. Tae Hee was nowhere to be found.

 

Should she tell So Min about this? Yes. Shin Hye kept the counter as secret because she wanted to ensure that her assumption was right. She didn't want to put So Min in danger anymore. Not after what happened to her.

 

"Hey."

 

Shin Hye jumped a little, totally surprised. She was deep in her thought. Then, her eyes widened when she noticed who tapped her shoulder. "Yong Hwa-ssi.." She said, excited.

 

Yong Hwa smiled. "Sorry for-"

 

"Nah, that's fine. I was lost in my thought."

 

"And so I saw. Something wrong? You looked troubled."

 

"Hm.." She was calculating. Should she tell him?

 

Yong Hwa took note that she was considering. But again, he didn't want to push her over the edge. What if it was something personal. He didn't want to cross the line. "You are leaving?"

 

"Huh? Oh.. No. That was- I was-" She sighed deeply.

 

Yong Hwa narrowed his eyes. Someone was definitely wrong. "You don't have to explain. I just want your company to-"

 

"I met Kim Tae Hee almost a week ago."

 

Yong Hwa stoned. "Burago? Kim Tae Hee? Miss Jung's Unnie?"

 

She nodded fast. "Accidentally we-"

 

"Where?"

 

"Here." Shin Hye pointed to the place she stood. "Since then I purposely-"

 

"Have you told Miss Jung about this?"

 

Shin Hye shook her head slowly. "I feared that she would hurt her. So.. I wanted to ensure-" She noticed Yong Hwa's serious expression. "I was wrong,  huh? I should have told her right away. I had this feeling that she might be able to help So Min." In sudden, she felt the urgency to mourn.

 

"Sshhh.." Yong Hwa enveloped her with his right hand. "You did no wrong. You were worried for her. That was ok." Then he took out his phone from his pocket with his other hand, pressing his speed dial.

 

"Yes, Yong?" Seung Hyun greeted him from the other side.

 

"Shin Hye located Kim Tae Hee."

 

"Where?"

 

"In front of the coffee shop. Almost a week ago."

 

"Noted. We'll rescan the area."

 

And, they cut the connection.

 

Yong Hwa looked at Shin Hye and saw that she already had teary eyes. After he put back his phone into his pocket, he wiped her tears with his thumbs.

 

"I am so sorry. Stupid."

 

"That's fine. I understand that it is not easy to trust her. Not after what happened to your best friend."

 

"I feared that she would hurt her. Just like that awful step Eomma and Yoo Bin."

 

"I know. Calm down." He rubbed her shoulder. "Let's have a cup of tea."

 

"Don't you have to-"

 

"No. I want to spend ten minutes with you first." He smiled as he led them toward the coffee shop. "Next time, do contact me if something bothers you."

 

"I don't want to disturb you for something unimportant."

 

Yong Hwa held the door to let her in. "I believe everything relates to you is important." Shin Hye stopped her walk and gazed up to him, finding his serious expression. "To me, you are important."

 

And, it made her as red as tomato.

 

 

 

 

"Wait! Don't run! You haven't- Stop that woman!"

 

Hye Soo ran. She ran fast. She ran for her life. It had been days and she refused to surrender to the poverty she lived now. Everyday.. For foods and outfits and the place she stayed, she stole.. Wallets, money, foods, water. Don't talk to her about guilt and shame. She didn't know those words anymore.

 

As for today, again.. She ordered burger and soft drink but after she finished it, she ran away.

 

Just when she was about to turn left.. BUMP! And, she fell to the ground.

 

"WATCH-"

 

"Hye Soo?"

 

Hye Soo widened her eyes. No way! "Hae Jin?"

 

Hae Jin helped her standing. "I am sorry. I was in hurry. Are you ok?"

 

Hye Soo kept on silence. This kind of incident was pure nightmare. Truly nightmare. Meeting him in such condition.

 

"What is wrong with you?" His eyes studied her from top to bottom: she wore no fancy outfits, she put no makeup, she even smelt bad.. In short, Kim Hye Soo looked poor? Wait, she left him to marry a rich man, right? So, what happened?

 

Hye Soo turned her body and started to walk away.

 

"Where are my daughters?"

 

Hye Soo stopped her walk. Daughters? She laughed sarcastically. How funny! Then she turned her body, facing him. "Daughters?"

 

"Yes. Tae Hee and Yoo Bin"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter