Farewell

The Frozen Soul's Fire

 

*NOT MY PICTURE*

Jinyoung:
"When are you going to get discharged? Come back to school. It's lonely without you." She said.

"I don't know. Probably no longer than a few days though." I replied.

"Forget about school. Forget about this life. Let's just run away... together..." She looked at me intensely.

"You should stay here. You have a bright future." I looked at the ground.

"No. Let's leave together once you're better. What about your family? Did your family come visit you already? I can leave. I no longer have a family."

"I don't have anyone else expect Grandpa Pyo..." I responded as I looked at the floor.

"Did something happen to him?"

"Yeah... I have to do something important for him so you stay put here." I said while holding back my tears.

"Will you come back to get me when you're done?" She asked in her soft voice.

"I'm not going to promise you that." I replied as I walked to sit on the bed.

"Well let me stay here tonight. I don't want to go home." She sat down on the chair beside me.

"That's the least I can do for you." I wrapped the blanket around her as she sat.

I laid down on the bed and watched her as she fell asleep. She slept using a part of the bed as she would use her desk at school. I smiled as I gently touched her cheek.

Suzy:
            I woke up the next day because the sun glared on my face. I slowly looked around and noticed that no one was around. Where did he go? I stood up and then saw his folded clothes on the bed with a small note on top of it. It read 'We'll be lovers in our next life time. Farewell..." I crumpled up the paper and put it in my pocket before running out of the room to search for him.