The Banishment of the White Princess II

Exo-K's Foxy Love

                 “Now, if I could continue once again.” The girl stated hardly, like she didn’t like that she was disturbed.  “Where am I now? Oh yeah, on a stormy night… a black shaman visited the King’s palace. It says that the shaman was not properly welcomed though for everyone knew that shaman would only trick you with their voodoo magic.”

                “Wait, a black shaman? “ Sehun asked. “There’s only one known black shaman in Korean history, I guess.”

                “You’re right Sehun,” the girl smiled, pleased to know that an idol knows something about academics. “He’s named Dajin, the spirit of death.”

                “Spirit of death? Shouldn’t he be guarding the gates of hell instead?” another boy asked. Sehun flinched and counted that there were six of them in the room, all of them tried to stick their head near the scroll, well except for Sehun.

                “Then well, someone should have named him the security guard of death and not spirit of the death. Shut up Alex!” The girl said. Sehun tried to recall the name of the storyteller, he saw him several times now and sure he talked with her twice now. He forgot that it was Grace.

                “For a background story… Dajin, the spirit of death would die a mortal death but he is always reincarnated after a thousand years. The first Dajin’s form was the second king of Korea, which he caused the bloodiest wars among the Chinese. The second is the black shaman in the story and the third, since it’s just a myth it wouldn’t be possible because the third reincarnation would have been born these days.”

                “You mean he’ll be like a teenager now?” Sehun asked. Got curious to the point he got to pop his eyes out.

                “Yes and no. The reincarnation is not what we think of Sehun oppa, Dajin will pick a host for his spirit. The host will experience a total black-out and Dajin’s presence would fill the body instead. But of course, this is just a myth.”

                “Okay. So the story continues. The king had to entertain his guest, the shaman, or else he’ll be faced with a lot of bad omens. The shaman offered immortality to the king for one condition; the king had to let his only daughter to be married with the old guy. The king couldn’t refuse the immortality offer and accepted it but too late he knew that the offer has some glitches.

                “First, the princess had to ‘babysit’ the soul of the snow gumiho, or a nine-tailed fox, which the shaman was doing all along entire his trip, to find hosts for his pets, gumiho. But the shaman fell in love with the princess so he thought of marrying her too. Second, the princess has to become the form of a man-eating snow Gumiho every winter solstice, which had brought a lot of massacre to the empire. And third, if the princess wouldn’t be locked up in the spell of lecumbra, a spell of taming a monster, the princess would be in the form of the gumiho forever.

                “The king locked-up his daughter to a chamber called tona, the most effective spell to turn back any monster into human but it would take a thousand years or so. The white princess was banished, thinking the king would see her again for he thought he was already immortal… but Dajin tricked him. It was not actually an immortality he gave him, but a reincarnation.”

                “But, the king still tried to get it as a good thing, he decided to be reincarnated on the age her daughter will be freed from tona. The end.”

                Another brief of silence. Everyone was holding their breath, like they have just heard the creepiest story in their life but Sehun was thinking of another thing.

                “What happened to the shaman? Dajin? Didn’t he love the princess?” Sehun was startled.

                “Yeah. What happened to him?” Alex, the guy, seconded.

                Grace fixed her eyeglass and focused on the scroll once again. “Let’s see here.” Her index finger was scanning the paper. “It says here, Dajin was in his last trip to ‘give’ the shadow Gumiho to its host and if he would return to the palace, he has to marry the princess. But when he came back and discovered that the princess was already chambered to a spell he couldn’t even break, he grew in outrage and killed himself.”

                “Killed himself?” another girl asked. “Wouldn’t that be so foolish?”

                “He killed himself because he would want to be reincarnated also after one thousand years, the same time that the spell would release the princess.” Sehun mumbled, sounding like he didn’t answer the question but just said his thoughts instead, which made Grace to smile again.

                Alex was about to answer but suddenly a bright lightning, followed by a loud thunder which sounded like a drawn bullet, crossed the horizon. Everyone shrieked, that was no normal lightning strike. It looks like the lightning the ground near the library.

                “That’s it guys! We’re going home!” Alex shouted and raised both of his hands. “Dajin has already heard us gossiping about him.”

                All of them followed Alex to the door automatically but Grace noticed that Sehun was still standing where he stood. “Aren’t you going home yet oppa?”

                “I’ll wait for our leader first. He’s taking too long now actually.” Sehun replied casually. The girl’s reaction changed, her face turned to red then purple. “Breathe,” Sehun commanded.

                The girl followed instantly. “L-leader? You mean Suho oppa?” Grace was holding back a shriek.

                “Yes. Waeyo?”

                “A-ani. I’ll be going now oppa.” Grace muttered and went to thee door immediately. Sehun thought that his ‘, what?’ face is always effective.

                He went to see outside the window and saw that the cloud was very dark, unusually dark and lightning strikes were everywhere. He also noticed that the wind is extra strong this night.  “I guess he’s right. The weather’s been weird tonight.”

                The ambiance of the storm outside and the feeling of being alone in a wide, dark and creepy library horrified him a little bit. “Where Suho hyung already?” he whined. And then, a book was glowing… 2 blocks away from where he was standing. Literally. Glowing, like the sun was inside the pages of the book. Too bright that it lighted up all the corners of the library.


 

A/N: *drum roll* (you: ) AGAIN?! For heaven’s sake! Another author’s note?! Is this even a fanfic about author’s note?! Holy immaculate hot and y bajesus! COME ON!

TT__TT” I just want to say thank you for subscribing and commenting. That’s all. Y-you could hold down those pitchforks and s-swords now. *jumps back to the hole going to Narnia*