The Rule of a Gumiho

Exo-K's Foxy Love

 

“You’re going to the dance, right?” Chanyeol busted out to Baekhyun, who was peacefully eating his breakfast. It was Sunday morning and the 4 boys were sitting at the table, waiting for Suho and Sehun and Shanon to come out.

Baekhyun swallowed his mashed potatoes and wondered how he would answer the question. “I think so,” he said doubtfully. “That is-“

“That is, what?” D.O. asked, frowning.

Baekhyun plastered a smile on his face. “That is, nothing,” he answered slowly. He was sure he’d have a blast at the upcoming winter dance. There was only one small problem. Baekhyun doesn’t have any date.

“You are already thinking of the winter dance wherein we have a bigger problem inside the dorm?” Kai bit his lips. 

“Shanon?” Baekhyun asked. “Don’t worry Kai, being with her will be like easy as breathing.”

“Until she feeds on our liver.” Kai mumbled lowly and the rest of them shuddered at the thought. Chanyeol quickly jumped to his feet and raised both of his hands at the air.

“GUYS! We have a gumiho inside our house! What if one night shell turn into a monster and eat us alive?!” Chanyeol was desperate in stating this. Nevertheless of how stupid he looked, his hyungs still had the patience to hear him out.

“So, I invented the Chanyeol all-out 100% security system! Ta-dah!” he gushed and took off his jacket to reveal a fail superman sign on his chest.

“Dear god Chanderp, quit it out.” Kai complained but the other two laughed out. “So what are you going to do to defend your hyungs?” asked Baekhyun.

Chanyeol was stopped from that. “Oh yeah. Hmmm. Garlic! I’ll make a garlic necklace!”

“That’s for vampire derp,” Kai intruded. Baekhyun laughed louder.

“Oh? Then a silver stick would do.”Chanyeol mumbled and imitated a sword to sword battle with Kai.

“That’s for Werewolves noob!” Kai stated hardly and he gave a weak blow to the back of Chanyeol’s head.

“Then! Then… then I’ll use my ing carrot to kill that monster!” Chanyeol shouted and suddenly, you entered the kitchen, wearing the clothes Suho gave to you. They were large but at least they were comfortable for you.

“Did you hear that?” Kai asked, looking nervous. He tried to look at you straight in the eyes but cannot because you keep on giving them your dead face.

“I heard all of it, of how I would eat your liver but I’m so damn used to them already.” You mumbled vigorously and looked at the table. “How could I eat at a high table, standing?”

You saw Sehun come inside the room, he was still topless. What’s wrong with this guy?

“You eat at a high table by sitting at this pot, try and see,” he pointed out to you a garden pot. At first, you actually believed it but then you realized he was fooling you out.

“I am not talking to you,” you cussed. You just sat at a metal with a height below the waist like anyone else did.

“Yeah right, as if I let girls like you talk to me.” Sehun was too low to mumble it but you heard it anyway.

“Cut it out Sickhun,” Kai grunted to their maknae. “Anyway, I’m sorry Shanon if we are making f-fun about you. We just don’t know how to cope up what we have discovered.”

You just shrug it aside though, you too cannot expect that this will be the life you have to face after been releasing from a thousand years of confinement. “It’s okay. I guess.”

“Are you really a gumiho?” Chanyeol asked, after wearing back his jacket. “You could just be princess instead that has come out from a book.”

“Yes, I am really a nine-tailed snow fox, do you want to see me become one?” you asked daringly to the guy with the wide mouth.

“N-nope,” Chanyeol gulped and showed an apologetic smile.

“And technically I am a princess.” You said, and stared at the meal prepared infront of you. At least I know how to use chopsticks. Thank Confucius.

“Banished princess,” Sehun uttered to you and smiled you an irritating coy. “Why won’t you tell them that you were banished because you almost massacred half of your kingdom?”

“Because I don’t need to tell nonsense things like the hell of who you are,” you said coolly but were trying hard to control your anger. “By the way, the food is delicious.”

D.O. was struck, he always get a few compliments for his cooking. “By the way, you slept yesterday the whole day that we forgot to tell you our names. I’m Do Kyungsoo, but please call me as D.O.”

You stared at D.O. not sure of what to do next after bowing.

“I’m Jong-in, but you can call me Kai instead.” Kai set out his arms for a handshake. But you hesitated and stared at his arm, now what?

Kai thought you don’t know how to handshake yet so he pulled back his hand.

“I’m Byun Baekhyun,” a guy with a dark line under his eye bowed. And for a prolonged second, Suho got inside the dining room. “I’m Joon Myeon but know me as Suho and this is our maknae, Oh Sehun.”

Sehun didn’t meet your gaze but you didn’t give a so you just turned to Suho.

“Why do some have two names? Are you hiding from the government?” you asked while chewing a piece of bacon.

“It’s the rule of being an idol,” Kai batted in. “As your appa said, we are idols… we dance and sing for a living.”

“An entertainer? Interesting.” You mumbled. “We have that a lot in our palace.”

Sehun hurled you a look. “We are not just an entertainer. Being an idol is not easy as you think and this is not A.D. anymore.”

“You basically sing and dance and you entertain people. What’s wrong with that?” you mumbled bitterly.

“Quit being a sober Sickhun,” Kai said and he stood up to put his empty platter in the sink. But Sehun mumbled some words while looking at you before he continued to chew his bacon.

“By the way Shanon, how about telling us about gumiho?” Baekhyun started the topic and you noticed that all of them leaned forward to hear your stories out well, except for Sehun.

You dithered for a moment and observed how ridiculous the guys looked like, well except for Sehun who was eating his breakfast with an irritated look.

“Gumiho?” you said “being a monster is not something you wish to be someday and then you’ll realize you have been killing a LOT of people already.”

Your statement caught even the tiniest thing of interest from Sehun. You started to sound blank but you said a sympathetic introduction.

“So do you remember things now? Cause you said to us that you don’t remember anything.” Suho said and looked at you with a weird tone of concern.

You paused and tried to work your brain out. All you could remember is living at the wilderness. “I can’t remember anything except for being a gumiho.”

Sehun groaned, “This is boring. Didn’t she have to go somewhere Suho hyung?” You quickly raised your eyebrow of irritation.

“Stop it Sehun! And why are you not wearing your jacket?! It’s the middle of December for crying out loud!”It was D.O., you looked at Sehun with his topless body and then you looked outside, flakes of snow were starting to fall down from the sky. What’s wrong with this guy?

“Don’t worry, the heater is on and I’m not even cold.” Sehun mumbled and then stood up. He scratched his back before preceding to his the living room.

“Now he’s someone you don’t want to mess with.” Chanyeol whispered to you and then you just did not care at all.


 

A/N: My girlfriend and I are fighting so I made Sehun in line with my mood right now. LOL.