Part 8 // Me before you

I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Doubt.

 

 

 

It's okay to doubt sometimes cause we never know how that person actually is. Even your close person or someone you fell in love with. Only they knew themselves.

 

 

 

Well doubt is what jimin felt at the moment.

 

 

 

After the slip of 'yuji' by minjeong, her mind was going haywire, thinking of oh so many possibilities. It couldn't be right? There's no way. After that incident, the next morning when they are leaving back to school, minjeong decided to sit with ningning. Jimin doesn't object as she herself need time to think too.

 

 

 

Probability , not only in math but also in reality.

 

 

 

"You need to tone it down Yu." Aeri sighed and pushed jimin's face away to make the latter tear her gaze away from a certain Kim.

 

 

 

She's staring, yes.

 

 

 

But with a different reason this time.

 

 

 

Yuji..

 

 

 

Only one person in this world who called her that.

 

 

 

Jimin, being the flight risk she is, thinking of searching a confirmation by staring at the younger. Call her creep or anything, she doesn't care, she just want an answer.

 

 

 

The way minjeong acted is exactly like her childhood friend, which she did noticed before but she shrugged it away.

 

 

 

"I need to talk to her."

 

 

 

She mumbled to herself when she saw the younger picked lasagna out of many dishes. That was when she realised something. If the latter is truly her childhood friend, then why didn't mention it? Is she playing with her heart?

 

 

 

"What are you doing Kim Minjeong.."

 

 

 

++

 

 

 

"She won't stop staring at us you know.. It's giving me chill sometimes." Minjeong glanced behind her and caught their vice president looking at them, specifically her, absentmindedly.

 

 

 

"You have to talk to her."

 

 

 

"I will."

 

 

 

Meanwhile at the same time but different place, jimin was thinking about how to corner the younger and confront her. This might be one of reasons why she was burning holes through the latter skull. After 15 minutes of thinking, and like how any other schools to ever exist, the bell rang indicating they have less than 15 minutes before another lessons started.

 

 

 

She brought up her tray and put it away as soon as she saw minjeong leaving the cafeteria. "I'm sorry, but this is the only way to know what has been bugging me for the past few days." She muttered as she followed the latter quietly from behind.

 

 

 

Human, when they saw any opportunity, they will surely grab.

 

 

 

And damn yu jimin is only a human.

 

 

 

She locked the door after making sure other stalls are empty, except the one which is occupied by none other than kim minjeong.

 

 

 

The sound of water flushing can be heard and soon the door clicked open. There she is, the one who has been occupying her mind lately, but not for a good reason. Kim minjeong, in her glory, made her way to the sink to wash her hands. It seems like she doesn’t realised another existence as she scrubbed slowly her wrist that started to become itchy.

 

 

 

Did she forgot again?

 

 

 

"Minjeong."

 

 

 

Hearing that deep, alluring voice makes her heart stopped beating. The thing she wanted to avoid so much seems to come and knock, slapping on her face harshly that day. Cursing herself, she slowly turned around and was met with curious eyes from the raven.

 

 

 

"I think we need to talk about that day."

 

 

 

"Look, jimin-"

 

 

 

"You're winter, right?"

 

 

 

Minjeong froze up. This is it. The doom's day.

 

 

 

"So I was right.."

 

 

 

"I-How did you kn-"

 

 

 

"Know? I asked Lia to check it up on me. I should have done that since the beginning."

 

 

 

Minjeong can hear a bitter laugh left jimin's mouth.

 

 

 

"Are you playing with me?"

 

 

 

It breaks her heart, seeing the teary eyes from someone very dear to her. "You kiss me, wow. I can't believe you came all the way here to do this to me. I didn’t know you stoop that low, kim minjeong."

 

 

 

There was a teeny-wheeny bit of pain when she heard the latter said that. The rest was flame that she has been keeping in her whenever she remembered their past. The same flame that is about to blow up but never did once. Unfortunately, it did, that day.

 

 

 

"Me? Playing with you? Please, you are the one who left me!!" Minjeong scoffed when she saw the latter flinched at her words.

 

 

 

"One day, jimin-ah. One day I ing wake up and didn’t saw my bestfriend.. Where was she? Oh she just ing left me and never even bothered telling me."

 

 

 

She chuckled bitterly and doesn’t let jimin to reply when she continued, adding more salt to reopen wounds. "I searched for you that day, like a maniac. I ran and ran around our neighborhood, asking each of them if they ever saw you. Your house was empty. I was scared you know. I was scared to lose you.. And yet I did."

 

 

 

Silence engulfed them for a few seconds before a weakly voice echoes through the empty place. It was jimin.

 

 

 

"You wanna know why I left?"

 

 

 

"It's because you, minjeong-ah."

 

 

 

"You are the reason why I ran away."

 

 

 

"Don't you remember?"

 

 

 

"You told me not to fall in love with you.."

 

 

 

This time it was minjeong who is quiet, letting those words sank down. And when her eyes widened in surprise, jimin looked up to her, letting her see what had she done to the always confident vice president.

 

 

 

Teary eyes, shaky lips and lastly the wounded looks from the latter.

 

 

 

"Well guess what, I was about to confess when you said that. It hurts, you know. When you were about to tell someone about your feelings, which first time you're having it, that same someone shut you down. You were my first love and first heartbreak."

 

 

 

"Then, I heard about my dad got an opportunity for a better job but with that I have to left. I guess my little self couldn't bear that heartbreak and escaping is what I thought is the best."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter